Car modifications - the dummies guide! Part #2

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
ermm noob coming huhu..how to know the rim weight?is it printed somewhere on the rim?
Put the wheel on a scale, no joke.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Nothing on a piggyback/ecu tuning Izso? Perhaps you could do part 3 the differences between a reflash, piggyback and a standalone! :idea:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Put the wheel on a scale, no joke.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Nothing on a piggyback/ecu tuning Izso? Perhaps you could do part 3 the differences between a reflash, piggyback and a standalone! :idea:
Part 3 will be mechanical mods in the engine, part 4 will be the heavy duty expensive gila electrical mods, part 5 will be aero mods. :biggrin:

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
after reading your part 2 mods.. i guess i am gonna be a stage #1 dummy forever. :)

not everyone wants to lighten their car to the extend of installing CF parts and removing their rear seats... a good advice for weekend racers but not so practical for a daily home to workplace car. especially my wife. she will kill me if I removed the rear seats..

I guess by not having "tons" of rubbish or unused stuffs in the glovebox and trunk is good enough to save some weight. (believe me.. at times you can store up to 4kg of un-used stuff just in your glove compartment) hint: magazines and books are not light.. even some gardenia bread can be found under your passenger seat.. thats already some 10-30grams of added weight. :/ old newspapers, paperclips, durians, coconut the list goes on. Spend some time to clear all the unused stuffs.. you'd be suprised how much weight savings you'd get.

Another thing to improve acceleration & braking would be having the correct/optimum tyre pressure. So.. check your tyre pressure every 30 days and ensure proper alignment is done every 25-50,000kms depending on road conditions you usually drive at. More pot holes means more frequent visits to the tyre shop for alignment.

Cheers and happy modding. :)

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
I'm still saving up money to get a CF hood..

Bos!!! i want bonus !!! :biggrin:

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Izso you are on high demand....after those basic mod maybe you might touch abit about BOT and Super Charge just a suggestion.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Izso you are on high demand....after those basic mod maybe you might touch abit about BOT and Super Charge just a suggestion.
I think the part 3 will include force induction as well..

right Izso?

:biggrin:

can't wait

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Friends

How to get waja Auto Flip Side Mirror with LED Signal?
If you have info, please inform me..

Regards
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience