Recond Unreg 05 IS200 or 2nd hand Recond RS200?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I think its a matter of what character/soul you are searching for? A high revving high performance or a comfortable easy cruiser executive sedan. But to me, and old 4 speed auto is the killer. It really gets on my nerves. But the IS200 has its beauty too. The nice 6 cyl burble form the exhaust and smooth revving engine makes a really, really nice cruiser! But if you want explosiveness, go for RS200!!!

spwn

Jun 8, 2006
I think its a matter of what character/soul you are searching for? A high revving high performance or a comfortable easy cruiser executive sedan. But to me, and old 4 speed auto is the killer. It really gets on my nerves. But the IS200 has its beauty too. The nice 6 cyl burble form the exhaust and smooth revving engine makes a really, really nice cruiser! But if you want explosiveness, go for RS200!!!
I am also looking for an Altezza but cant decide between the 1G-FE or 3S-GE auto version. Which 1 would have better fuel economy? Which has better cruise on the highway?

Thanks!

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
if u plan to transplant to 6MT or 1JZ later, go with 1GFE, car selling price for it should be cheaper.
and if the above is not what u have in mind, and u seek better 'fuel economy',
go for myvi or viva, they drink less.

:biggrin:

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Wah taikor wfhan..how can you put myvi or viva on our level..:banghead:

For fuel economy..should recommend Toyota Prius...at least 27km/L for normal driving and at least still Toyota mah..:rofl:

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Just want to know if transplant a 1JZ turbo into Altezza, the all engine mounting is plug & play? How about the gearbox & long shaft? Everything plug & play :confused:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Performance of couse 3S-GE Beams. But for smoothness at highway, and if you are not the power hungry type, then 1G-FE is better....

If you don't always rev, 1G-FE will be more thirsty because 6 cyl. But if you are the rev type, 3S-GE should be more thirsty...

spwn

Jun 8, 2006
if u plan to transplant to 6MT or 1JZ later, go with 1GFE, car selling price for it should be cheaper.
and if the above is not what u have in mind, and u seek better 'fuel economy',
go for myvi or viva, they drink less.

:biggrin:
hehehe taikor wfhan, actually i want to get an all rounder. good for the wifey to drive and vroom vroom for me once in a while. the 1G-FE i saw in mudah.my has cruise control, traction control and 2 electric seats :p but if given the choice and have budget of course 6MT all the way! kekeke are we able to get all the above options in 3S-GE BEAMS (A) as well?

Performance of couse 3S-GE Beams. But for smoothness at highway, and if you are not the power hungry type, then 1G-FE is better....

If you don't always rev, 1G-FE will be more thirsty because 6 cyl. But if you are the rev type, 3S-GE should be more thirsty...
taikor Veloc, i travel long distance on highway quite often...so from your statement, 1G-FE is the way to go. the best way to find out is to go for a test drive of both engine types!! :biggrin:

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
I would still go for the 3S-GE either way, you get best of both worlds. You wanna cruise long distance? No problem what. Quite good in fuel efficiency also and it's smooth enough for a long distant drive. You wanna have fun also, no problem what. The 3SGE loves to rev.

In the end kena poison, no problem! 6MT, BOT or Supercharge it! Less hassle than a full engine transplant IMHO. The versatility of a 3SGE engine. :D

I'd fully recommend the 3SGE engine. If you are really concerned about fuel consumption, heed the advice of some of our members here, get a Hybrid. :D

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I would still go for the 3S-GE either way, you get best of both worlds. You wanna cruise long distance? No problem what. Quite good in fuel efficiency also and it's smooth enough for a long distant drive. You wanna have fun also, no problem what. The 3SGE loves to rev.

In the end kena poison, no problem! 6MT, BOT or Supercharge it! Less hassle than a full engine transplant IMHO. The versatility of a 3SGE engine. :D

I'd fully recommend the 3SGE engine. If you are really concerned about fuel consumption, heed the advice of some of our members here, get a Hybrid. :D
I couldn't agree more with this... Although a general rule is that 6 cyl are more rev happy and good for top speed, but the 1G-FE here is more of a cruising engine. Not for power mods. The 3S-GE in another hand is made for power. Many modding options in the future. Parts also no need worry.

Although sometimes personally, I will feel "gatal" for the 6 cyl burble. But if you are not particular about that, go for 3S-GE man :biggrin:

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
firstly, 4 cyc n 6 cyc engines have their own usefulness or fuel economy

no can really compare between a 3S or a 1G for that matter.

has anyone really ridden a 6 cyc yet? for a few years in fact.

both 4 6 8 cyc can be high reving depending on the engine

both 4 6 8 cyc can also have good fuel economy but also depends on the way u drive.

so whos to say which is good or bad?

it will have to depend on your wallet and the country u are in

for me, if u want fuel economy...pls go get a camry or what not. forget the tezza. the tezza now regardless of 4 cyc or 6 cyc is bound to be fuel consuming..depending on engine conditions etc becoz they ARE old engines.
go figure

if u want performance with a good bang for the buck, sure u can get a tezza i would agree to that becoz the 3S is high rev n good fun plus quite dependable...provided the car u buy has a well serviced record.

go for 3S as it has more spare parts available. the 1G no one really knows as its very rare in msia....so forget it. fidning spare parts will kill u especially the 1G's auto transmission

but generally. nowadays the tezza since is so cheap...its really for play type of car
no money dun play pls...gonna kill u in the long run

btw a high reving 4cyc will sound nice as well compare to a deep running bassy 6 cyc.

so which one u wan? :P
better make a good choice n sleep over it.

btw i have driven both 3S n 1J for a few years. i think both is good, just a naturally upgrade for me to 1J now since my 3S failed on me heh

and no its not so simply as plug n play for the 1J.

good luck

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
If you plan on modding in future and you love revving the engine, again, 3SGE is the way to go. You're right too, parts so far are aplenty.

I also 'gatal' V6 modded exhaust sounds. So good.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Wah taikor wfhan..how can you put myvi or viva on our level..:banghead:

For fuel economy..should recommend Toyota Prius...at least 27km/L for normal driving and at least still Toyota mah..:rofl:
taiko grey, no la, just making comparison of 'fuel economy'.
in my perspective, it should defined it properly like making a sound relative comparison with the cars in the same league (2liter performance NA cars).
it's the right foot and traffic condition that determines how much she drinks.
Prius ar... now not the right time la. i read in cari.forum that a prius owner windscreen broken,
claimed insurance but local toyota sc asked the owner to wait 2 months for the windscreen to be imported from japan... how inconvenient that be!

hehehe taikor wfhan, actually i want to get an all rounder. good for the wifey to drive and vroom vroom for me once in a while. the 1G-FE i saw in mudah.my has cruise control, traction control and 2 electric seats :p but if given the choice and have budget of course 6MT all the way! kekeke are we able to get all the above options in 3S-GE BEAMS (A) as well?
if u found a good ont wiht 3sge motor, forget about the 1G, not to say it is no good, but like bushidofang said 'u get the best of both world'. my wife also drives my 3SGE sometimes, no complain,
in fact, she said 'very powerful & stable' and also once asked me to give her my 5AT tezza and go by myself a 6MT tezza.... * perhaps i will, and how often we get a yamaha engine in a car locally ? *:rofl:

and spwn, if u are coming from SEG world, it is a wise upgrade. many same that i known have the same thoughts. and f/c of course it will guzz more compare to standard seg 1.6 with 4afe (as 4afe gives good f/c), but if your seg is with 4age, then the fc is just a bit higher only. (i owned a seg with blacktop 4age previously and have made comparison before)

Last edited:

putochip0123

Known Member
Oct 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
im also come from SEG to Airtrek, but airtrek seems to be give me a vry poor FC even i drive slowly(light foot). now selling off it. and plan to get Altezza. so probably FC should be ok right??? NA compare to Trubo should be betteer. but around how many KM per tank? i mean before the fuel tank lights up....

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
mine is 6MT gives me 530km before the light come on...50% city 50% highway.
worst I got is 450km...hitting 8,000rpm frequently...:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I got a scratched chrome fog lamp housing,in my store, hard to find a nice plastic chrome speciallist,or maybe some one know where got this kind of plastic chrome speciallist or sprayer~Thanks:adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience