Tyre vibration within 100-140kmh range

Sep 22, 2011
Johor Bahru
Hi Guys,

Any recommended shops in JB for highspeed balancing or/and on wheel balancing?

Since i had my wheels changed, it vibrates quite a bit in that speed range. I reckon it was a job not well done by the previous shop.

Appreciate the feedback.

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
I'm not sure about JB but if you can find a shop with Hunter Engineering wheel balancer (not alignment machine) then you might want to try.

I had the same problem with my car before. Had the wheels balanced, but still vibrates. Then a mechanic told me that he had the same problem with his Evo, so he sent his car to a tyre shop with a RM100k+ balancing machine.

I initially thought that how can wheel balancers be different, shouldn't they be almost similar to each other? I mean, they only balance wheels, right?

I was wrong.

When I sent the car there, my wheels were removed, put into the machine, then the shop attendant made a mark with chalk on the tyre. Then he put the wheel on a tyre remover machine, loosened the tyre from the rim, and rotated the tyre. I've never seen wheel balancing done this way before. Before I had only seen shop attendants paste metal strips on the inside of the wheel.

It solved my wheel vibration problem, completely. Whatever speed I go, the wheel never vibrates.

Sometimes tyre shop with basic wheel balancing machine, when you complain that the wheel still vibrates after balancing, they will tell you bullsh*t such as your wheel is already dented, eventhough you yourself bought the wheel new and 100% confident that they're not dented.

Try to find the wheel balancing machine, Hunter Engineering Road Track if I'm not mistaken. I can only remember that the machine have a monitor which shows absorber and spring settings. Cannot find it here:

Wheel Balancers and Wheel Balancing Accessories from Hunter Engineering Company

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is nothing new. In most shops, the people are just lazy to do it. To rotate the tyres on the rims before re balancing will be done if the weights are over 50gms. They rotate to see whether the tyre imbalance can be countered by the rims.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Hi Guys,

Any recommended shops in JB for highspeed balancing or/and on wheel balancing?

Since i had my wheels changed, it vibrates quite a bit in that speed range. I reckon it was a job not well done by the previous shop.

Appreciate the feedback.
Are the new rims perfect fit to the wheel hub? If not, I suggest you fit in the center cone first, because if the rims are not centralized, during high speed you will have vibration.
You can do on wheel balancing too, but the disadvantage to this is, once you remove the wheels for anything, like brakes repair or something, the balancing may run again.
I had been doing on wheel for many years on my VR, until I fitted the center cone about 2 years back. Now all my tyre balancing in done off wheel

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): What looks to be a nice and clean E63 BMW 6 with an assortment of aesthetics. Namely, the Alpina front add-on and M6 mirrors parked just outside Bangsar Shopping Centre, while sporting a nice single digit Johor plate.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience