Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RWD for no understeer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
But if you can get over the urge to not stomp on the brakes when you start sliding, the counter steering and controlling the throttle is an experience everyone has to have once before they retire!
Yeap the NOT part is the best and the worst :mad::banghead:

Any1 here try MR and FR before ? Which is more scary in corner ?

Otacon

Sep 6, 2010
Johor Bahru
First off, I feel that this poll is poorly worded. FWD versus RWD? I don't think anything is that simple in the real world.

Different cars are manufactured for different drivetrains, they are set up as such as part of a whole package. Usually, it will be impossible to assess two drivetrains in the same chassis - especially with something as different as FWD and RWD. To say for certain that FWD has its merits over RWD or vice versa will need one common chassis, and then to compare handling characteristics/performance etc using that common chassis.

However, and please correct me if I'm wrong here, but there's no car manufacturer today that produces a FWD and a RWD using the same chassis. So what are we left with? Only the ability to compare DIFFERENT cars with different drivetrain layouts. To me, that is like comparing apples and oranges: it's all subjective.

Sure, one car may be faster than another around a given track. But what about the HP or weight advantage? Who's to say that the performance difference is down to the different drivetrains? Handling between RWD and FWD cars nowadays are so similar that even the average car enthusiast today would be hard pressed to place a piece of paper between them. So what's left is basically our very subjective "feeling" of whether a car is better than another, and trust me...that is hardly hard science.

Back to topic after my longwinded spiel though - I voted for RWD, simply because I own a RWD car. Notwithstanding the fact that this particular car could get its ass handed to it by at least half a dozen FWD cars on the road or on the track. But does that make me like it less? Of course not!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Sorry guys... I just randomly stumbled upon this... Have a look... This is a good example that RWD may no be necessarily faster... These are 2 cars form the same maker.

Civic is FWD but S2000 is RWD. Same hp. I believe the S2000 is lighter. But in the end, it shocked me. The Civic won... Really, I didnt expected this too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sukHNCNGpns&feature=related

However, I think that in and extended race, the S2000 will prevail as the load on FWD is a lot. it has to handle the torque, steering, braking... A lot of stress... Normally the tyres will heat up and give way faster...

redridinghood86

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
s2000 31kg heavier...as explain by the bloke,hehe,slower 0-60 compare to RR
The S2000 has a front n rear double wishbone setup, you forgot to mention that perhaps. I'd say it's the tyres plus it's a Mugen-ized car, not exactly fair is it? I'd love to see a battle between a Mugen advance RR and the J's Racing S2000.

That'd be insightful

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
The S2000 has a front n rear double wishbone setup, you forgot to mention that perhaps. I'd say it's the tyres plus it's a Mugen-ized car, not exactly fair is it? I'd love to see a battle between a Mugen advance RR and the J's Racing S2000.

That'd be insightful
i wanna see this battle too :biggrin:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i just wanna add a few more thought..

i think RWD is better coz if oversteer, u can counter steer the other way..

if FWD, understeer can't steer more.. sudah habis pusing ma..

:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

then again.. with today's technology.. this won't be a problem..

LSD rules

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
i just wanna add a few more thought..

i think RWD is better coz if oversteer, u can counter steer the other way..

if FWD, understeer can't steer more.. sudah habis pusing ma..

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

then again.. with today's technology.. this won't be a problem..

LSD rules

Agree..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all members and car enthusiasm !!!

Be aware of this member, nick Ensky @ Steve Goh is doing Fraud buisness here in Zerotohundred. This is the story, he claims that his company provide service to customer from importing parts tru Yahoo Japan Auction.( http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...rt-sport-rims-from-japan.html?highlight=ensky ) I used his service and paid...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience