Thinking of letting go my Lancer coupe

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
this is a super rare ride
i think you should find out how much insurance companies are valuing it at first
and then allow people to bid i think it can fetch a price well above the market value also due to it being so rare
good luck on the sales :biggrin:

deanengson

From Facebook
Sep 20, 2010
www.facebook.com
Thanks guys.. I'm still considering about letting her go.. But I just wanna know the value.

Info on car : Originally imported from Australia as Lancer MR, automatic 4G93 SOHC engine, CJ5A chassis.

Engine specs :

1) Recently did CJ4A 4G92 Mivec RS manual swap - August
2) Conrod bearings failed in less than 3 weeks, overhauled with ACL bearings and reused my old 1.8 block - 1 week ago lol
4) 2.5" piping to an Evo 6 Ralliart exhaust
5) Fake Tomei FPR
6) Power steering oil cooler - Had to remove spotlights

Interior specs :
1) Swapped old tacho to Mivec 10K tacho
2) Original Bride Zeta II full bucket seat with 4 point Sparco harness
3) Cheap touchscreen player
4) A bit of Japanese Kenwood speakers (not a big fan of sound systems)

Exterior specs :
1) Smoked halo headlights brought in from US.
2) Original Evo IV rear trunk and spoiler + reflectors
3) Original skirtings you find on the CK Lancer
5) 17" imitation Work Emotion rims
6) Had a slight accident but only cosmetic (paint is chipped on the left side of the front bumper)

@aivenrolx : True statement bro, I fully converted it into a Mirage Asti :)

I just want to know whether she is worth letting go or not.. Give me your opinion guys :confused:

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
That's a nice looking car you got there.

If you genuinely looking for an idea on the price, I think you need to look at the prices of coupes in the market:

JDM/USDM:
Honda Civic EJ Coupe - RM25k-RM40k
The one in The Fast and The Furious. Test-driven one few years back, was put on sale at RM25k-35k, if I'm not mistaken buyer willing to let go at below RM30k. Take note that EJ coupes does not come with VTEC engines, if it comes with a B16A then it is transplanted. The EG6 hatchback, although more common, is a hotter model amongst Honda enthusiast, mainly because it is an original SiR that comes factory-fitted with a B16A.

Toyota Levin AE101 - RM25k-RM40k
I remember there was one unit sold at Kuching about 2 years back for RM25k. Comes with 4AGZE, I think that's original because there are models that comes with 4AGZE. Most will come with 4AGE Silvertop 4 throttle.

Toyota Levin/Trueno AE111 - RM40k-RM63k
I think I can remember a yellow unit on sale here in ZTH, from Sarawak? Another unit is still on sale in Mudah for RM63k since July.

Local:
Proton Putra - RM18k-RM35k
Can check out at Mudah. Usually the higher-priced units will come with transplanted turbo engines: Evo or GSR.

Price will vary depends on condition, modification and definitely location. If the unit is located at East Malaysia, it needs to be very very rare and in demand for a buyer from Peninsular Malaysia to be interested. Usually these models are originals with not only rare good looking shape, but factory-fitted with powerful engines (AE86 Levin, Fairlady 240Z). If you know anybody in the used car business here in KL, East Malaysia AP is not highly regarded, that's why when they advertise they will say KL/Local AP.

Quick cash sale will usually be around RM30-40k. People can be persuaded to part with RM30-40k. But if a unit is put on sale for 50k-60k, it will be a slow sale, obviously because those who have 50k-60k in cash can put it as downpayment for a more recent model factory-fitted with powerful engines. RM50k-60k downpayment is in the region of Silvia S15, Integra DC5, Evo 7-9, Impreza STi version 7-9 already.

I think RM60k is a sufficient amount to buy an Evo 3 already. Subaru Impreza GC8 original WRX 4WD (not 2WD converted) is priced below RM60k here in KL, and the price of parts to modify GC8 are cheap, cheaper than Honda parts.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Left out Honda coupes:

Honda Integra DC2 - RM40k-50k
Type Si with B18C GSR should sell around that price, genuine Type R will be RM50k-65k. Of course with B18C Type R, you can chase a LOT of cars already, even turbos.

Last edited:

deanengson

From Facebook
Sep 20, 2010
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the tip Teo, but still.. how many Mirages exist to the ratio of how many Integras exist in Malaysia? Plus the ability of doing an Evo conversion is simply an unattainable feat being a Mitsubishi :)

Evo coupe FTW!

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
ur headlamp very smart bro and nice rare car...

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Thanks for the tip Teo, but still.. how many Mirages exist to the ratio of how many Integras exist in Malaysia? Plus the ability of doing an Evo conversion is simply an unattainable feat being a Mitsubishi :)

Evo coupe FTW!
You're right bro, but Mirage-Integra comparison is merely a coupe-coupe comparison. Integra is not rare but it's not that common either, how many DC2s have I seen in the KL traffic everyday? One. KL traffic of course have tens of thousands of cars here.

For a quick peek of the used car market prices in KL, there's a genuine Type R on sale at Mudah and it's for RM55k:
Honda Integra DC2 Type R 96spec - Cars for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

It's JDM, unconverted, genuine Type R with factory-fitted B18C: the most high spec of high spec B engines. For stock cars, you can't better that. This unit also comes with tasteful mods such as Tein, Mugen and Spoon accessories. B18C engine may not be as powerful as a turbo but with close ratio gearbox most people just can't afford to make the mistake of underestimating it.

Integra is for the Honda enthusiasts, for the Toyota community the Trueno BZR AE111 coupe is the best of the best of 4AGE. JDM, unconverted and comes factory-fitted with the MAP sensored Blacktop 4 throttle engine. Looks very handsome too:
http://www.mudah.my/Toyota+Trueno+BZR-9877335.htm

How many Trueno BZR have I seen in the everyday KL traffic? None. Is it rare? Hell yes it's rare. Valued at RM6xk but valuation by seller and valuation by buyer are two different things. Both must match for a sale to happen. Note the date of the advertisement. As I said before RM6xk already creeps into the region of Silvia S15, Integra DC5, etc.

Don't forget the king: Skyline:
http://www.mudah.my/Nissan+Skyline+R32-10744134.htm

Just before anybody thinks there's something wrong with the advertisement, I remember there was a R32 non GTR put on sale for below RM50k at a drift forum few years back. R32 comes with RWD RB20 turbo. Rarity? Tell me. Potential for mods? Tell me again. RB26 halfcut price vs. Evo? Well...

I can remember a red Sarawak Lancer coupe unit on sale in Mudah few years back, however that unit comes with a Lancer front, not Mirage Asti or Evo. If I'm not mistaken that unit was put on sale at RM3xk.

Mirage Asti is a very good looking car and I'm very very sure you can find a willing buyer from the Lancer enthusiast community, just as the Honda Civic EJ coupe is highly-regarded in the Civic community.

Last edited:

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
The price to pay to be rare.. I would if i could, as i like the attention and the street cred.. Collectors item, IN Malaysia...hahaha :proud:
I think 45K would be an ok starting point...Almost got myself a Civic EJ7 coupe a few years back(2006),B16A inside,asking price rm33K, Sarawak plate.But could not let go of my Wira that time. Am still keen in getting a coupe as i like the design of a coupe..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

2019 Mazda 3 GVC Plus Test: Liftback 2L vs Sedan 1.5L

Eerily peaceful is what the Mazda 3 felt like through the slalom. At constant throttle without lifting for the next cone, GVC Plus worked surprisingly well to accentuate grip and subdue understeer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience