Relay for Audio System

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
I just install a Double Din HU in my car recently.The shop guy tel me to install a relay with it for better performance.The relay is very expensive as RM100++.What is the relay function for the audio system in our car?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
a relay for better performance??? And a brand new relay for a headlamp costs RM30 at most. I suggest you go somewhere else for a 2nd opinion

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Relay is just a switch...how can that improve performance? n what sort of performance they talking bout? sound quality or car go fast fast?

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
in some cases, a relay are used to direct another better source of current to a system, but if install a headunit must add in relay is just a gimmick. unless you got some special mod on ur system. Find a good installer and you are saved from these marketing stuffs......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It is well known that the inimitable Jeremy Clarkson has a way with words. Especially when they're uncomplimentary. In fact, as a measure of how much his wit can hurt, when Clarkson actually does give a compliment, a carmaker might simply be happier about not getting roasted than about getting a good review.

The London Times has posted a dozen delicious lines from various Clarkson reviews for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience