Turbo doesn't help my 0-100 Km/h (TD04 L15A)

narioky7

Known Member
Sep 27, 2008
Hi, i'm using Honda Jazz 2006 vtec 1.5 CVT HKS TURBO KIT,i think is not CVT problem coz mine can get sharp 8sec n it only stock boost from HKS 0.29bar,from HKS manual no need 2 change your injector if only boost 0.4bar,unless u wanna boost more than that,n do CVT GB can tahan the torque? mine is 180 on wheel from member fitfreak forum they said our CVT can go MAX 250 of torque.

clanbuster

Known Member
Jul 2, 2009
Hi, i'm using Honda Jazz 2006 vtec 1.5 CVT HKS TURBO KIT,i think is not CVT problem coz mine can get sharp 8sec n it only stock boost from HKS 0.29bar,from HKS manual no need 2 change your injector if only boost 0.4bar,unless u wanna boost more than that,n do CVT GB can tahan the torque? mine is 180 on wheel from member fitfreak forum they said our CVT can go MAX 250 of torque.
wow, wait a min, i will invite mitsubishi tech director to invite u become their chief mechanic.
their stock 1.5 colt ralliart need 0.89 bar of boost to get 8.5 sec. U are must must better.

narioky7

Known Member
Sep 27, 2008
wow, wait a min, i will invite mitsubishi tech director to invite u become their chief mechanic.
their stock 1.5 colt ralliart need 0.89 bar of boost to get 8.5 sec. U are must must better.
HKS Team that do the magic not me :love:
is your problem solve yet?

tailgatepro

Jan 25, 2010
Singapore
Mine even better, change my setup, currently 1.5 CVT with 0.1 bar below 6 sec.

th3ng

Nov 25, 2008
To Thread Starter :

You just wanna get under 10 secs which is not hard, get below items

Open pod intake
Full exhaust system
piggyback to tune your a/f , e manage or afc neo
light weight crank pulley + light weight cam pulley

these few mod should be able to make ur car goes from 0 - 100 kmh within 10 secs if you launch in the correct way...

To narioky7 :

Boost 0.5 bar n below is safe for CVT , after dat - No..
CVT would not last long FOR SURE if your torque is too high..
your car is 180whp with 0.29 bar ? may i know you got your dyno result from which machine? :)
and what mod have you done.. kinda interested if you dun mind to share :biggrin:

narioky7

Known Member
Sep 27, 2008
U miss understood my statement..... 180 tq on wheel din't even say it hp on wheel...coz he ask bout gear box can tahan....HKS have don more then 200 of tq for cvt.... i'm just play safe with stock hks tune 0.29 bar, for now no problem at all.yes i'm dyno at N1 Racing :)

Last edited:

jdm_jdm

Known Member
Feb 24, 2009
Penang
One of my bro with white City VTEC get 10.6sec NA.

Tested with GTec Pro meter.
Plate no: PXX3218

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
For turbo auto cars, the trick is to use a short exhaust/turbo manifold.

Tubular manifold is longer.

When change from short stock cast iron manifold to tubular manifold, one can feel a bit of a lag. But for auto cars, the lag is very very much more noticeable.

HKS kits comes with a short cast iron manifold, right?

Location of external wastegate is another factor. Usually people will place it before the turbo/on the manifold collector. Theoretically this is the best.

However, take note that for Evo, Tomei Expreme manifolds does not have an external wastegate flange and claim to give more torque.

Just my two cents.

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My humble opinion. If you want to mod your car for speed, go from 0-100 fast then should got a manual car in the first place. Besides downshifting is also pretty fun. :driver:

Kevin_Tan

From Facebook
Jul 26, 2011
Penang / KL
www.facebook.com
My advise is get dyno run and check the air fuel ratio . If your engine behave lean or too rich across all rpm until rpm cut , your engine won't make power. And i very curious how come stock injector can support 0.4 bar boost with just AEM piggy back and play around with extra injector duty .

My advise is get a standalone ecu and make it to correct setup . You will boost happily and achieve your wish. If not , you got turbo like no turbo.

ringo5185

May 2, 2008
Not sure bout how auto CVT gearbox will affect the run time...should get a better shift time comparing with conventional auto gearbox. CVT gears change steplessly through an infinite number of effective gear ratios between maximum and minimum values.
Get a dyno run plus checking on your A/F ratio...make sure the A/F ratio is at equilibrium.
For a D15B non-vtec stock, it already comes with a 240cc stock injector...enough for a 0.3 bar TD04 setup...i'm not sure about the stock injectors in L15A.
For engine management..get a standalone....it controls 100% of your engine functions.
For a N/A City 1.5L A/T '99 lightly modded they can get easily a 11Secs 0-100kph time frame...

Nov 22, 2011
brisbane
Bosch EV14 injectors drop straight in. Mechanically, you WILL have to change your plugs, or run an adaptor. Stock injectors are 195cc They are a 3/4 size EV6 bosch 14mm style, with honda plugs.

i am running 550cc's in my jazz, running a Garrett GT25BB turbo @ 14PSI, (about 1bar). No idea what my 0-100km time is... but :)

So far destroyed an Audi A5 Quatro 3.0TDI, DC5 Type R Integra, and managed to keep a 1/2 car length on a '09 WRX

engine - 9.0:1 CP forged pistons, Haltech Sprint 500 ECU, front mount intercooler, custom manifold, ground up engine rebuilt, exceedy 5 puck clutch, custom modifed pressure plate... list goes on... 225bhp, (165kw @ Flywheel), 303nm torque, (224ft lb)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there. All sifus, on behalf of my friend, he got a Proton Gen-2 and planning to swap the engine either to mivec CK or 4age Black Top 6 speed. He already checked with the PUSPAKOM and the swap for both engine is allowed for his Proton Gen-2. The questions are

1) Which engine better in performance and durability?
2) Which engine has more potential for further modification to gain more HP?
3) Which engine got more aftermarket performance parts?
4) Which engine is more economical in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience