Supercar Spotting in Zurich, Switzerland

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

Zurich is the largest city in Switzerland and the largest city in the Canton of Zurich. While Zurich was the largest city in Switzerland, it was not the capital of Switzerland. (Bern has all the glamour to become the capital of Switzerland, despite lesser inhabitants in the city). Most people who lives in Zurich speaks German, which I understood the language more than Italian, French or Romanisch, which all four happens to be the official languages of Switzerland. It hosts one of the most important financial districts in the world. (I am pretty sure tons of people here know about the Swiss Bank anyway.)

Porsche Boxster

Zurich is simply a beautiful place to be. You could see tons of passenger boats cruising through the Limmat river towards Lake Zurich and back. The buildings there have existed more than 500 years old and food was simply marvellous, coming from a blend of German and French delicacies that has been gradually transformed into Swiss food. While Zurich is known for its sights and scenes, not much know about the collection of super cars that pass by almost every 10 minutes. I was lucky to be there during my backpacking trip and what I experienced was simply mind blowing.

The Beautiful Jaguar

How often do you actually get to admire these supercars as they pass by every 10 minutes? The occurence is more common than in Kuala Lumpur and you could tell people in Switzerland are true petrol heads. I must admit, people in Zurich, definitely have taste. They own cars that are so different than the usual Europeans would own. I was definitely baffled seeing passing Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMGs, Audi R8s, Chevrolet Corvette, Caterham Sevens' and so forth. There were even mixes of JDMs, such as Honda S2000s, Mazda RX-7s and so forth. These were already pretty rare in Europe, but they were just a common occurrence in Switzerland. I was simply baffled.

Lamborghini Gallardo Convertible with the Audi R8 in front of the VW van

Audi R8 with Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG opposing each other

It is said that only 30% of inhabitants in Switzerland own their own properties, while 70% of them happen to rent them. I guess Zurich is kind of like Singapore, flat land is simply scarce. The only good thing is that, its much cooler in climate than Singapore and the melting glacier from the mountain top provides good source of drinking water and electricity power through hydroelectricity, although they do have Nuclear powerplants that run in the country.

The Trident marque, pre-Ferrari days

Buttocks of the Maserati 3200GT

So in a city of almost 372,500 people, which is smaller than Kuala Lumpur, it was a great experience to be there. Mass transit was efficient and on time. People were friendly and nice. Last but not least, if you would like to peek into great super cars passing by every 10 minutes, stand at a traffic light near the bridge that spans over the Limmat rivermouth where it leads towards Lake Zurich. You have arrived to motoring heaven, nothing beats the sheer pleasure of witnessing and hearing this supercars rumble before you.

Chevrolet Corvette C5 with the Nissan Juke at rear

Timeless masterpiece, the flip up lamps!

Jeep Wrangler TJ next to a Mini, both modern iteration of a classic

Chevrolet Corvette C6

Born and bred with inputs from the Nurburgring race track

P.S. I can't identify this car, anyone has any idea?

Attachments

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
I agree, the palate of cars is more diverse than what I found in London due to the silly congestion and CO2 tax. Switzerland has none of this and the cars they have is breathtaking!

manusia

"The 8055"
Aug 2, 2005
Barcelona
no offence but I've seen way too many exotic/supercars in kuala lumpur than the one u've just posted..

btw I'm from KL.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
no offence but I've seen way too many exotic/supercars in kuala lumpur than the one u've just posted..

btw I'm from KL.
Give credit to Kevin. He spotted all this in a couple of days or maybe in a day from how he describe. You probably need a couple of years just to spot such cars unless it's during an auto show or charity drive.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
actually it was on a day, 31st july 2011, and within 1-2 hours of standing in the city of zurich. i can safely say, cant have that happening standing one corner of kuala lumpur. it is still a larger city than zurich. at least 10 times larger by population!

shawnglory

Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Gotta love the swiss. If you so happen to be on the outskirts don't forget to drop by the dirt tracks. Man I had a jizzgasm when I saw what they were running. And no it's hard to compare what they have over there and what we have over here. 10 pics does not justify how many sweet rides they are running over there. It's bank friendly*er* to own an exotic there than it is here.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
i heard it is so shawn, plus i heard second hand ferraris are dirt cheap. the only problem is that we dont live there. dollar to dollar, gas is reasonable at 1.5 swiss francs!

Jun 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Was there 1 week ago and man, the cars there are no joke.. Porsche and Audi are like Protons, Corvettes are less but nonetheless like Minis in Malaysia. Even without own cars, public transportation are soo good, accurate and cost cheaper than a McD meal comparing dollar to dollar for a day of rides..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody knows what is proton 1.8 radiator capacity? 5l, 6l?
i want to change the coolant to Caltex extended life.. it is sold in 0.5l per bottle.. 50%-50% mixture.. so i need to know how many bottles do i need
and how much per bottle anyway? caltex stations are selling RM16.50 each :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience