Proton satria neo cps or Suzuki swift sport.

Superveloce

Jan 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,planning to get a car and deciding in between these 2, a new satria neo cps (MT) or a second hand swift sport (MT). Car is to be daily driven and for some spirited driving occasionally. Which would be better as an overall package? reliability,maintainance and fc. Thanks in advance :)

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
I haven't test driven the swift, but if you test the neo CPS, the handling is superb.

In terms of service center and spare parts, proton is easily available. Swift has limited service centers if you are out of KL. For Proton, you need to find a good one.

My wife drives a persona, fuel consumption is average to me. I have driven / owned 4 different generations of proton cars and they are all reliable (i believe Swift is the same also).

The difference is just the additional doors and space for rear seats.

Superveloce

Jan 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the opinions. yup,i've heard from most people driving the neo saying that the handling is really good. I shall give it a test one day.But overall i think the neo would be cheaper to maintain as the swift sport is secondhand,and its clocked quite an amount of mileage on it.I guess the neo would be more sensible.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
bro,
better do it fast if u like neo...the neo gonna stop production in oct 2011. after that u can only purchase neo R3 for rm79.9k...

let me know if u need ppl to sell u neo...i got a good SA to intro.

Vox

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Evo :

The news is confirmed that the neo CPS will stop production in OCT 2011?

But why? i dont get it the CPS is still new in market.

fastlearner

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
Kota Damn
Bro, check this out before u make ur decision -

Suzuki Swift - YouTube

Suzuki Swift Sport vs Colt Ralliart vs 500 Abarth vs Twingo Sport - MySwift.Ro - YouTube

Swift v MINI shoot out - YouTube

EG6 "Seeker" Vs Suzuki Swift JWRC - YouTube

Couple of years back maybe the Swift is not a good choice, but now u can get aftermarket performance parts from basically all the famous tuner out there, Monster Sport, Greddy, R's, TM Square, Sunline Racing etc... all are producing parts for Swift. Maintainance and FC are quite ok, but of cos if u compare to Proton definitely a bit more expensive la! tell me which car has a lower maintenance cost than Proton? And nowadays u can find Suzuki SC anywhere.

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
Suzuki Swift practicality and style,(4 door+ hikari bodykit)is there,when i service my swift,the technician said that the whole gearbox and engine come from japan in whole piece with engine/gearbox oil included.The engine and gearbox is under strict manufacturing from japan.Swift sport will be full CBU.Just get a smaller rim for track day + slick as swift sport rim too big for its engine.

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
swift sport - image and quality are above any proton. lol. need to feed ah ron97. aftermarket parts are pricey. holds pretty good resale value. jarring ride.
neo cps - ron95 ok. aftermarket parts only available in local flavour. more pliant ride.

if u dont plan to mod, then neo cps will be more suitable coz more economical (new and can use ron95 no probs).

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
Hey,
Am driving a Suzuki Swift Sports (MT) 2009 on a daily basis for commute from home to work everyday. I would say, its a very torquey car, very light on the pedals... gear ratio's you are looking similar with the Honda B16 series... at 140km/h maximum gear i'm kicking in at 5000rpm... IF it was a vtec, i’ll be anticipating on hearing the sweet symphony of the vtec melody ready to open... haha

Factory recommendation to use is RON98 actually... been using RON97 for a year, and had to downgrade to RON95 after the price hike, no problems so far, but slight power loss (might be just a mental thingi). But do fill her up with RON97 now and then when there's some extra disposable income.

To directly compare it head to head with a neo, as i've drove both of them in a manual tranny... the disappointment is that... the NEO takes a lot of effort and kicking to get it moving from one gear to the other... the swift just give u the adrenalin rush as the more gear you kick up the more it wants to go... i would say the Japanese have gone the extra mile to provide a real fun car... on drive handling, i somehow get the pleasure of doing down hill with it, it controls pretty awesome in the corners and windy roads... and i'm not kidding on this, the brakes bite pretty tight, had some friends complain that they always tend to dive cos they're not used to the brakes as they tend to stop earlier then expected...

On parts and services, yet to replace any major parts in it after using it for a year and a half... service takes about RM300 every 10'000km..

Not forgetting... i get 380km+per full tank on RON95... if strictly no high reving... i’d be lucky to hit 400 (:

Cheers!

Superveloce

Jan 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bros,thanks for all the useful comments and suggestions :) I think i might just go for the neo cps,partly due to the car can take in ron95 instead of 95 and petrol and costing more nowadays.
Although i might not get the power and kick from the sss but i've heard that the neo performs well on corners too,an definitely i will mod the car.haha.
And is it true that they are going to stop producing the cps? Thanks:)

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
Bros,thanks for all the useful comments and suggestions :) I think i might just go for the neo cps,partly due to the car can take in ron95 instead of 95 and petrol and costing more nowadays.
Although i might not get the power and kick from the sss but i've heard that the neo performs well on corners too,an definitely i will mod the car.haha.
And is it true that they are going to stop producing the cps? Thanks:)
Yes, you are correct.. the Neo has already been stopped in production, whatever you getting now is the excess stocks from the stock yard.

On the other hand, the 1.6 Campro CPS engine will be still around to power up the Exora's & the Persona.

Last edited:

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
bro take suzuki swift sport (aka mini Fairlady Z).... coz quality product, bigger space esp at rear seat, roof higher then neo,firm fitting, no rattle noise, little prob issue, CBU import from japan..recaro bucket seat, firmer spring and absorber, chick magnet, gearbox close ratio type...alot performance parts... got supercharger and stroker kit unit from reputable tuner...which proven increase hp and torque without any internal problem happen..., nice bodykit more than 3 type...last n not least..STYLO...

..btw handling also good....u can try...a lot different from suzuki swift 1.5 CKD...

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
since you only mentioned 3 criteria
reliability: not the campro:
where_crazycampro_heads meet :: View topic - Campro S4PH reliability
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...ngines-fail-on-crank-campro-1-6-vs-4g92p.html
maintenance: both cars will face wear and tear, so to maintain the car it depends on the availability and price of parts .. proton wins as well, suzuki parts are not as common and costs more comparatively to proton. if you don't mind paying more for maintenance, no issue. an example..say you took a road trip to Kelantan and your car brakes down..every tom, dick and hairy knows how to fix/have parts for proton...but i don't think there's a suzuki service center there.
fc: campro wins hands down on this.. ron95 is cheaper than ron97 by a lot..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The one thing that really put me off about using ONR is dirt would literally stick on the microfiber cloth and I had to resort to really hard scrubbing and, even then, I'm not able to wash most of them off. Considering how sensitive microfiber cloths are, these kind of scrubbing would tremendously shorten it's useful life. Good quality microfiber cloths are not cheap and difficult to find over here and I just can't convince myself to use those cheapo ones. I've also tried using the Schmitt...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience