Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RWD for no understeer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

redridinghood86

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just like our friend above said, FF is for noobies. FR, MR, RR and AWD are for pros, nuff said.. :driver:
I won't disagree that FF cars are must easier to handle, I must admit that despite being a Type R owner, I am planning to buy a Lotus car IF I HAVE THE CASH LA, mainly because it is an MR and is very close to a go kart, which is why I love it.

I have no problem with people saying that RWD provides more fun, but I do have a problem with people saying that FF cars are worthless. I agree to a certain extent that FF cars are for noobies, but let's not forget about AWD, how is it not a car for the "Noobies" (No offence to the AWD owners, this is only a reminder to those who looks down at front wheel drives). Especially with all the traction powering out from the apex.

Don't be a keyboard warrior buddy, come out, pinjam an FD2R, if u want, I loan you mine, if you can get 2.45 I shut up, forever, mine is not stock so 2.45 shouldn't be a problem to great drivers like you. However, if you can't, just pay for the track fees n some compensation to the tyres la eh? Tyres expensive la :) How's that?

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Pros
RWD - allows you adjustability and some control when you exceed a chassis's limit of traction.
FWD - the chassis's limit of traction is easily accessible to the driver and once exceeded, easily modulated.
MR - Stable chassis with high traction limits, is also balanced and neutral in most cases.

Cons
RWD - You need to know how to really drive in order to access its advantages as you have to drive beyond the chassis to extract full advantage. For example:- A fully built RWD should be quicker than an equivalent FWD car in most situations. The problem is if you are a novice driver, you cannot access the advantages of the RWD chassis as easily as the FWD's. As a result, FWD cars rule (in certain classes) on tracks where the drivers are not of a certain level, e.g. Sepang as most of us (me included) are not of the requisite experience or skill to fully exploit RWD.
FWD - Once you have exceeded the chassis's traction limit, there's not much you can do. Back off the gas....that's about it. Don't get me wrong, they are still deadly fast esp the new gen FWD's with their LSDs and trick suspension geometry. Problem is and this is for certain parties only, is that FWDs ultimately lack the drama and emotion that comes with on the limit driving. Its like a 9 out of 10, a very good score but not the "perfect" score.
MR - The deadliest of the 3 (Bar the RR layout). Super sharp turn in, neutral through the corners BUT (dependent on the setup) get it wrong and it WILL spit you out like nothing else. You get adjustability, agility and (most) of the time, supreme stability. The trick is again being able to drive beyond and predict it on the limit behaviour. Master it and nothing comes close.

My personal preference is for the MR but given a choice and on most days...4wd takes the cake. No need to think, just drive.
As much as I hate to disagree with you, LOL, this is one of the if not the most sensible posts here.

Last edited:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Hmm, maybe I was a little harsh in saying FF is for noobies. My apologies... :biggrin: But redridinghood86, if FF is 'that' good, why don't you write letters to Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, Pagani, Lotus, Jaguar, Maserati, Ariel, BMW and Mercedes to tell them that they should think again about their drive layout? About your offer, it sounds great! But I prefer a non FF car so I can compare it to yours.

Last edited:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
It's great 2 c so many good references n links brought up in here 4 sum healthy discussion.....n IF i may add in,dis kinda topic,very hard 2 distinguish whc 1 is better....it's simliar 2 NA vs Forced Induction,whc is better?both camps will come out n "argue" dat their way is THE better way,right?ahahahaaha......
so,let's chill....keep thgs healthy..no bashing..no flaming.....

Personally,IF I can afford it...i'd like 2 own BOTH a FF & FR(quite dislike MR coz i had sum pretty bad experience w MR2s,hehehehe)......mod both 2 similiar power level n time myself in SIC.....thn prolly i can tell myself whc 1 is d better layout or @ least i'll know my driving style is more suited 4 FF or FR.but d truth is,i can't afford 2 own both....heheheeh..pity me....

+i'd like 2 add my disappointment abt redridinghood86's offer....YES,i'm offended..n u KNOW WHY!...shilakak u......nvm,i'll curse ur FD2R 2 b FOREVER slower thn my FF!hahahahahahhaha

redridinghood86

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm, maybe I was a little harsh in saying FF is for noobies. My apologies... :biggrin: But redridinghood86, if FF is 'that' good, why don't you write letters to Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, Pagani, Lotus, Jaguar, Maserati, Ariel, BMW and Mercedes to tell them that they should think again about their drive layout? About your offer, it sounds great! But I prefer a non FF car so I can compare it to yours.
Did I not say that I prefer RWDs? I just find it annoying to see people like you belittling FWDs like as if you can drive FWDs without having problems tackling t7,8,11,12,13,14.

It seems that you are trying very hard to defend yourself, read it back, tell me whether did I say that FF cars are superior or do I have to remind you that I love MR and FR cars.

OH YEAH!!!! What happened to your AWD MONSTER against a certain FF orange CRX in SIC? When is it gonna happen?

Last edited:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
wah.. this thread has gotten hot!!!... Lets not compare which is faster?. FF cars have they advantage against FR cars and visa versa.... Lets not put down FF cars cos there are good cars
that work well in this configuration.....:biggrin:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I won't disagree that FF cars are must easier to handle, I must admit that despite being a Type R owner, I am planning to buy a Lotus car IF I HAVE THE CASH LA, mainly because it is an MR and is very close to a go kart, which is why I love it.

I have no problem with people saying that RWD provides more fun, but I do have a problem with people saying that FF cars are worthless. I agree to a certain extent that FF cars are for noobies, but let's not forget about AWD, how is it not a car for the "Noobies" (No offence to the AWD owners, this is only a reminder to those who looks down at front wheel drives). Especially with all the traction powering out from the apex.

Don't be a keyboard warrior buddy, come out, pinjam an FD2R, if u want, I loan you mine, if you can get 2.45 I shut up, forever, mine is not stock so 2.45 shouldn't be a problem to great drivers like you. However, if you can't, just pay for the track fees n some compensation to the tyres la eh? Tyres expensive la :) How's that?

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

As much as I hate to disagree with you, LOL, this is one of the if not the most sensible posts here.
Did I not say that I prefer RWDs? I just find it annoying to see people like you belittling FWDs like as if you can drive FWDs without having problems tackling t7,8,11,12,13,14.

It seems that you are trying very hard to defend yourself, read it back, tell me whether did I say that FF cars are superior or do I have to remind you that I love MR and FR cars.

OH YEAH!!!! What happened to your AWD MONSTER against a certain FF orange CRX in SIC? When is it gonna happen?
Very well said bro...

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
wah.. this thread has gotten hot!!!... Lets not compare which is faster?. FF cars have they advantage against FR cars and visa versa.... Lets not put down FF cars cos there are good cars
that work well in this configuration.....:biggrin:
yup, both drive layout have pros and cons, but FF has got more cons than pros.. :bawling:

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
to put it in simple terms...if you want to move a mass/object...pushing will be easier than pulling it...anytime every time...even when applying the same amount of force...that why when a car stalls....people push it...not pull it...if still want to pull...better call a tow truck... :stupid:
why do u say FWD = pulling? U can still push a car from the front what. Lets say ur standing in the engine bay area of a front engined car, and want to go forward, r u going to turn around and pull the body or r u going to just face forward and push it? U get what i mean?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
yup, both drive layout have pros and cons, but FF has got more cons than pros.. :bawling:
Haha! Very argumentative my friend! But I would say, it depends on who is driving and under what condition. If you give an uncle a car to drive in wet conditions, then FF will have more pros lo...

Bro, have you tried really good FF? When you do, you will not forget the fun :biggrin:...

Drift with FR, Bit and drip with FR, Drift or grip with AWD. See!

I keep open and appreciate every kind of drive train because each has its own character. There's no bad or good. However, I am a bit skeptical to MR because of the stories I heard :hmmmm:. I heard that a badly balances or poorly engineered MR will be disastrous and out of control. One example is the previous gen MR2.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Well, I've driven an eg civic with b18c and ceffy a31 with RB20 engine, both belong to friends. Both cars have good suspension setup with adjustables, arb, strut bars etc. Although the eg is faster, but I enjoyed the ceffy more. It's certainly easier to handle. The steering feels more 'pure' and the car turns (or should I say rotates?) in corners easier. At that time, after driving FF cars for so long, I was quite surprised. In the eg, I can feel there's something heavy in front. Not a nice feeling. There were no under or oversteer when I drove the cars. Maybe I wasn't driving fast enough and the road were dry. (Friends' car maa.. didn't dare to do anything silly :big grin:. Bet if the ceffy got RB26 motor inside, it'll smoke the eg in a heartbeat.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
oi g4i8y0t.. don't take me out of reference la. I meant noobie drivers. FF is always a great place to start but that doesn't necessarily mean that FF cars are crap.

Lets not forget the almighty Ford Focus RS!!

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Haha.

The eternal question.

In my opinion, 4wd with MR layout will kill everything.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I love the FD RX7. RWD, twin turbo (generally speaking), lightweight, balanced and incredibly a lot of fun to drive but really scary around a corner for people like me. But if you can get over the urge to not stomp on the brakes when you start sliding, the counter steering and controlling the throttle is an experience everyone has to have once before they retire! :biggrin: May not be pretty but daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn it's a lotta fun.

Don't know who this originated from but I'm quoting him/her anyway : Real men don't drive straight :biggrin:

Then once you're done fooling around wasting tyres and leaving 10 ft long skid marks, you can get yourself a ridiculously fast lightweight FWD / AWD and beat lap times.

So conclusion? Both FWD and RWD are bloody good. End of discussion.

redridinghood86

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Speaking about FF cars and understeer, I wonder why hasn't anyone brought up the legendary FF car, DC2 Type R. Be it 96 or 98 spec. The oversteery nature has got to be one of the reasons why the FD2R is so clinical these days

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Zthers, I just check out this piece of muffler @ my local shop and I find it is very interesting... sorry bout the pic .. my scanner like over exposed....

When I first saw this in the ad, I quickly go and check it out then I take up and SHIT ... is so light and rather cheap.
However I discover one thing funny, its not real fiber at all, so I think it just another gimmick... but yet it look so nice I wanted o...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience