Toyota vs FD2R

redridinghood86

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
adoi....wat's w d personal attack lar?i was kinda enjoying all d discusson & tkss in here......

redridinghoos86,
harsh meh?whr got harsh?every1 is entitled 2 their own opinion mah?tkss or not,can say out one's opinion minus any personal attack wat?n lucky it wasn't ur FD2R dat was tested....coz u + ur FD2R=SLOW!WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........now now,dis is a tkss thread ar?kenot marah me ar?WAKAKAKAKAKAKAKKAKAK.......*LARI*!!!!!!!!
U with your crx, sharap, midda finga

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
eh?wat crx?i got toyota oso wat?dun lar marah me just coz ur slower thn me?HAHAHAHHAHAHA.................i love my Unser!hahahaha

alwjmonster

Known Member
May 12, 2009
Subang Jaya
hereticalvoices.blogspot.com
VVTL-I is the 1st engine ever produce with changing cam + valve timing.. while-list honda copied their technology thus produce the VTEC with the I called I-VTEC changing cam and valve timing to be able achieve more fuel efficiency, whatever it is, i still feel that 2ZZ-GE is a great performance NA engine.. celica sport-m is current highest spec among zzt231, and it produce 200bhp, 188nm torque and only weight 1140kg.. vtecs are well known than lifts simply bcoz honda have more aftermarkets (eg spoon, J's, seeker and etc etc) and yes i does think VTEC is alittle overrated and just look at how US ppl boastful about their VTEC those compilation are just nuts.. "vtec kicked in yo" kills..

Last edited:

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
VVTL-I is the 1st engine ever produce with changing cam + valve timing.. while-list honda copied their technology thus produce the VTEC with the I called I-VTEC changing cam and valve timing to be able achieve more fuel efficiency, whatever it is, i still feel that 2ZZ-GE is a great performance NA engine.. celica sport-m is current highest spec among zzt231, and it produce 200bhp, 188nm torque and only weight 1140kg.. and yes i does think VTEC is alittle bit overrated and just look at how US ppl boast about their VTEC those compilation are just nuts.. "vtec kicked in yo"
:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm: sure arrr bro.... can fight DC2R arrr?

hahaha just kidding:biggrin:

Let's TCSS....

I think proton saga magma juga yg paling best... Honda and toyota cannot challenge maaa...:adore:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Rust faster then honda toyota right..? haha...

PS. Every1 hav their own opinion n point of view, if some1 not satisfy then come out TT n hav a friendly drag, let the result shut ppl mouth. peace...

Selamat hari raya to all the muslim ZTH member n happy holidays...

Last edited:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
Just curious to know if anyone had tested their Toyota against the Honda Civic Type R (FD2R) or DC5.1)the first question directed to toyota owners who tried playing with dc5 or fd2r not for u to assume or read in google and than come to ur own conclusion only discuss if u were in the situation
Please share your results. Is the FD2R as fast as they claim or is it over rated ? 2)the second question
Any model la coz not very serious comparison; meaning like you met on the road, play2 like that lor.
the explanation to the questions
What model are you using, bro ? Comparison in terms of performance lor.further explanation
I don't mean to offend any Honda owners. This is just a light talk kok syok2 topic only.:biggrin: still has respect to hondas
Good to hear from someone that owns both a Toyota & the FD2R. I'm sorry I didn't state my motive to start this thread off; didn't know I need one anyway but I did mentioned it was just a talk kok syok-syok topic. So far everyone's very matured & made no childish remarks. So no worries, 220 km/h. We are mature people here.more explanation with hope to have matured but fun discussion
Anyway, here's my motive:
I asked because I just had a friendly match with a stock standard FD2R with my rusty bucket. The result was a draw. We were both surprised (me & the FD2R driver) coz that was not what we both expected. I expected to be eating the dust made by the FD2R coz Tsuchiya called it a Racing car with number plates. So that's why I asked if it was over rated. It was RM 200k car against a bucket of rust literally.
further explanation with modesty on his own car
now that I've myself clear, I just want to repeat that there's no intention to belittle the Honda or whatever reason. Infact, if I have the money, I might consider buying one myself. Hehehe.still the thread starter has great respect for the car so no preference to a specific brand
I seriously expected the FD2R to be faster, so I was curious to know if anyone else had tested their Toyota against the FD2R & have a different result. doesn't matter lost or won but just want to know by how far. My rusty bucket is a 1985 ST150 Corona with a redtop Beams 3SGE inside. We did rolling 50-180 km/h; 2nd - 4th gear for me).I'd say the FD2R has a similiar performance with the Caldina in the same situation (rolling) coz I also tested with it & got the same result.still surprised that he could come close to a honda and asking other toyota owners if they had similar results
I think overall, win or lose, is quite a fair fight. We're both 2.0 liter, 4 door saloon, car weighs similiar, FD2R running on 18", mine on 17" wheels; except mine has much more rust...Then again, it was all in the name of fun; regardless win or lose. Just a little surprised, that's all. I myself, have always regarded the FD2R very highly in NA class.:adore:showing more respect to the other brand and not belittling honda cars
I AM surprised, that's why I started this thread to check if any Toyota fans have a different result.asking further if anyother toyota owner has similar experience not theory
I think the original question than comes this post not knowing what is happening but is defending honda , personally i think this is where the flames started
FD2 or DC5 Vs Toyota :
my comparison is between 2 auto manufacturer is based on same year production
than this hero comes with all his wikipedia data in hand defending honda like crazy, in the mean while going to mpv and blah blah blah and than comparing years and so on... bro, didn't u understand the questions and explanations the 2o2r gave???
now i just realize why didn't Best Motoring International preview latest toyota 2000cc cars? ermmmand the hero slowly becomes a jack@$$ asking y not toyota review... bro...where's the connection???
Bro fritz just stole it from my mouth.
How many time did BMI or Any Top Rated TV Program or Magazine Go Test & Race Latest Toyota's year Y2K & beyond cars? just realize most time they did honda ride's everytime.Erk.. Did Toyota Still recovering From Y2K bugs? need to mod toyota car's first then can race ar?siow!if the idea put on any engine from any year & fight. :idea: i put on f1 turbo cars vs current f1 car. LOL hello??? Y2K bugs.. hell thats 11 year ago.
than he goes on to f1 cars??? and what th heck has y2k bug got to do with why the ts started the thread???
funny how they race in SIC in track mode. ALTIS vs FD2? Muahahaha!!! My grand ma & my niece also can do drag weh. choiafter that he elevates himself to pure @$$hol3...i respect ur grandmum and neice thou...
Fickle Toyolta owner.
hahaha. FYI : i own 1 honda 2 Merc & 1 toyolta.
arent you fickle minded to assume.
still managed to show that he has money to buy many expensive cars
celica what year ar? eee... FD2 what year again? play on same par la tai lo..better i put celica vs dc5 also diffrent year again. choiagain....what has the years got to do with what the ts asked??? he ask any other toyota owners with what they drive had tested on the streets for play play or fun!!:banghead:
FD2R is not over-hyped. It is one of the best creation after Megan Fox. :listen: than comes another guy to give his assumption on what will happen but not really done by him.... yes bro, we all have youtube and wikipedia...
SIC rule : than this guy who elevated him self to the untouchables goes on to sic rule books just to prove that toyota has sum problems with y2k.... WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING??:banghead::banghead::banghead: oh yes don't forget the karamjit stuff also...bro are u karamjit singh???
3S-GE BEAMS derive from 3sgte also. who told u??? oh ic u worked for them rite??
BTW : 3S-GE
The Toyota 3S-GE is an in-line 4 cylinder engine in the S engine family,
than again he starts with the camparing of the years and copy paste from wikipedia and stuff... for next time just put the link la..enough this not form 5 essay la... still no where to answering the question of ts...
2 Old 2 Rusty need to self submission at nearest museum. no fact, sore loser. Kok like chicken, sure ricer.than the personal attack...totally uncalled for keyboard worrior :stupid:
Let's just say that ppl who only read the first post may find it offensive to the FD2R owners, I am one of em, I mean, to call a 200k car overrated, a bit harsh right? That is until the OP said that this is a TCSS topic, then yeah, I follow all.bro but 2o2r said don't take offense and no offense to honda owners...plus he did say the he would also love to own one...if u gonna think of buying a car wouldn't u compare cars in similar category???
yeah like that very much. dude.. ya i started it. ( rite ) it prove nothing thus justify nothing with very little fact write up. certainly comparison between toyota vs fd2 / dc5 prove to be generic. some take it emotional on subject, like hello... this is where he becomes a blonde... u just love to flame topics rite?? u remind me of a guy in the daihatsu pages that used to do the same thing...now that page has died
:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm: sure arrr bro.... can fight DC2R arrr? hahaha just kidding:biggrin:Let's TCSS.... I think proton saga magma juga yg paling best... Honda and toyota cannot challenge maaa...:adore:this one honestly not related to the thread at all and not to mention if a proton guy sees this all hell will break loose again open new thread la for that!
well honestly if we look at what went on none of these need to happen??? y u want to protect the brand u love so much??? they pay u ah??? or u work as salesman at the showroom??but let me share my experience with my toyota at banting old road.... at the traffic lights i took off first on first gear, second gear pulled away one car length 3rd gear he tapau me kau kau at 160km/h....shit feeling after that cannot catch up la:bawling:...

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Corona_ice,

Wow, I really admire your efforts to summarize this thread...

I am not defending any brands or models. As thread starter mentioned, this merely TCSS (talk cock sing-song thread, if you don't know), then of course most of posts here are not proven, irrelevant or very subjective to individual opinion. :banghead:

And thanks...but no, thanks, I dont see any reason for me to open a new thread for "Proton better than honda and Toyota". Don't see any benefit. :banghead:

By the way, mind to share with us what type/model of car that tapaued you at banting traffic lights? DC5R or FD2R?

Peace and love :adore:

Jeffsim1976

Dec 19, 2006
honda will win la...where got performance car from toyota anymore. Toyota only produce car for uncle and aunty to drive..hahaha...

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
wow...chill out bros and sifus...dont be too serious and killing the spirits of motorsport...as a newbie,I enjoyed reading those threads that can give me some info by sifus and bros that been dedicated in this scene for a very long time, but in a fun and casual way like this...but it seems to became hotter and hotter with firing here and there...we only TKSS, right?

Me myself has an '92 AE101 ride and IMO honda and toyota are at par on the nineties as honda produced EF/EG/EK with B series and toyota produced AE with 4AG/ZE and 3SGE/GTE series but toyota's losing their turf when we enter year 2000 as they focusing more on luxury, comfort segment rather than performance segment...anyway, hari raya is juz around the corner, so lets forgive and forget ya...peace:marchmellow:

cypy

Jun 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha as expected. This kind of thread will turn ugly after awhile. Maybe the thread starter just want to talk kok for fun. Then some started to throw facts, data, expriences and etc to proof their points.

Is it because some feel tak syok because fd2r cannt fully tapau an old Toyota ?(fd2r still win but not by 9 miles ?). On the other hand, one feels offended (nt sure if starter feels offended when some started to def hondas) and feel tak syok because losing to fd2r not by 9 miles? Either way, this is never ending debate.

We are just talking kok after all. If anyone still feels not hapi or everything, just arrange a friendly drag with 2o2r to justify the outcome or a Toyota vs Honda session? But I guess even that happens, still debate will go on and on. Lol

so better still we all keep talking kok n cheers. Peace la guys

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
In the end business is all about money, making the fastest car doesnt make the fastest sales.
Toyota did try to sell performance cars recently(look at TRD Camry at Australia) but the sales were very bad.

If you draw a bell curve, roughly you can see 70% of the world's population sit in the middle average user who want cheap and reliable cars, 15% at the left side of the curve wants Green Tech, 15% on the right wants high power.

In any arguments fanboy inputs are always biased and wrong, it should be ignored.

vincelee1981

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
seremban
honda will win la...where got performance car from toyota anymore. Toyota only produce car for uncle and aunty to drive..hahaha...
can u guarantee that no uncle or auntie drive Honda performance car...?i sure the japanese will say pakayaro!!!!!

actually the discussion is just wanna to share the xperience they had just like 2old2rusty case,he just share the thing and discuss if u read carefully.Honda fans maybe just said bcoz of the driver or else but until kok talk damn.....like shit .Me even tapaued by honda at highway @ 220kmh but me also fine nothing just wahhhh damn fast ar...since u all here can anybody tell me from Toyota and Honda engine which 1 will be long lasting than each other?

For those people who love to talk kok,i bet ur finger also like kok:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys!hello! i'm new here! :biggrin:
alittle introduction of myself,20yo,stay in malacca,previously own a Viva with minor performance mods(exhaust,plugs,air filter,shocks) till 1 night i fell asleep and crashed into trees,the whole engine fly out 10 meters away :driver: :banghead: :P i were fine tho just broke my arm and ankle but my car were not :P

so long story short,i'm planing to buy a proton satria with 4g63t VR4 about 12-15k.i'm able to claim about 23k from insurance company,so...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience