• FWD for no oversteer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RWD for no understeer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
its easier to achieve 50/50 weight distribution in RWD car. in the hands of pro driver, it is possible to do correction in corner by using accelerator in RWD car. but for FWD, u dont have a lot of thing to do other than lift-off throttle or brake.

my opinion only...

DivineWind

May 6, 2006
KL
to put it in simple terms...if you want to move a mass/object...pushing will be easier than pulling it...anytime every time...even when applying the same amount of force...that why when a car stalls....people push it...not pull it...if still want to pull...better call a tow truck... :stupid:
technically correct ... but, better put it this way "when you are moving from a standstill, pulling is easier but when you are already at speed, pushing is easier" - go try it out

that's why FWD got lower top speed :P

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
RWD takes a lot of space to recover from accident like that..

FWD takes a lesser space.. therefore, FWD is good for street whereas space is limited most of d time..

RWD can drift :biggrin:

AWD.. what can i say.. best of both world.. :burnout:

redridinghood86

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I love FR and especially MR cars, but one particular individual here is talking like as if FWD cars are worthless and it looks like he can control any car he wants.

U eat cili, u rasa pedas la ya? Try bringing a stock FD2R or DC5R and hit 2.45 in sepang first before you even badmouth FF cars the next time.

redridinghood86

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
so its easy to hit that time in type r? if its so, u has a point....
not easy but there are people "non pros" who hit around 2.42 with a relatively stock car, hearsay but they aren't really big talkers if you know what I mean. HMRT took a bone stock car and did 2.42, hearsay again but I believe because some individuals I know had clocked 2.41 with just semi slicks n some minor bolt ons with the speed cut still intact

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
the only gripe of FF is it can't put too much hp without having torque steer on throttle otherwise its still fast and i think easier to drive compared to fr to the fullest....hence alfas, honda, VW ff car is still faster compared to certain fr sports car...

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Pros
RWD - allows you adjustability and some control when you exceed a chassis's limit of traction.
FWD - the chassis's limit of traction is easily accessible to the driver and once exceeded, easily modulated.
MR - Stable chassis with high traction limits, is also balanced and neutral in most cases.

Cons
RWD - You need to know how to really drive in order to access its advantages as you have to drive beyond the chassis to extract full advantage. For example:- A fully built RWD should be quicker than an equivalent FWD car in most situations. The problem is if you are a novice driver, you cannot access the advantages of the RWD chassis as easily as the FWD's. As a result, FWD cars rule (in certain classes) on tracks where the drivers are not of a certain level, e.g. Sepang as most of us (me included) are not of the requisite experience or skill to fully exploit RWD.
FWD - Once you have exceeded the chassis's traction limit, there's not much you can do. Back off the gas....that's about it. Don't get me wrong, they are still deadly fast esp the new gen FWD's with their LSDs and trick suspension geometry. Problem is and this is for certain parties only, is that FWDs ultimately lack the drama and emotion that comes with on the limit driving. Its like a 9 out of 10, a very good score but not the "perfect" score.
MR - The deadliest of the 3 (Bar the RR layout). Super sharp turn in, neutral through the corners BUT (dependent on the setup) get it wrong and it WILL spit you out like nothing else. You get adjustability, agility and (most) of the time, supreme stability. The trick is again being able to drive beyond and predict it on the limit behaviour. Master it and nothing comes close.

My personal preference is for the MR but given a choice and on most days...4wd takes the cake. No need to think, just drive.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Pros
RWD - allows you adjustability and some control when you exceed a chassis's limit of traction.
FWD - the chassis's limit of traction is easily accessible to the driver and once exceeded, easily modulated.
MR - Stable chassis with high traction limits, is also balanced and neutral in most cases.

Cons
RWD - You need to know how to really drive in order to access its advantages as you have to drive beyond the chassis to extract full advantage. For example:- A fully built RWD should be quicker than an equivalent FWD car in most situations. The problem is if you are a novice driver, you cannot access the advantages of the RWD chassis as easily as the FWD's. As a result, FWD cars rule (in certain classes) on tracks where the drivers are not of a certain level, e.g. Sepang as most of us (me included) are not of the requisite experience or skill to fully exploit RWD.
FWD - Once you have exceeded the chassis's traction limit, there's not much you can do. Back off the gas....that's about it. Don't get me wrong, they are still deadly fast esp the new gen FWD's with their LSDs and trick suspension geometry. Problem is and this is for certain parties only, is that FWDs ultimately lack the drama and emotion that comes with on the limit driving. Its like a 9 out of 10, a very good score but not the "perfect" score.
MR - The deadliest of the 3 (Bar the RR layout). Super sharp turn in, neutral through the corners BUT (dependent on the setup) get it wrong and it WILL spit you out like nothing else. You get adjustability, agility and (most) of the time, supreme stability. The trick is again being able to drive beyond and predict it on the limit behaviour. Master it and nothing comes close.

My personal preference is for the MR but given a choice and on most days...4wd takes the cake. No need to think, just drive.

good explanation..

for me, i prefer FR rather than MR.. coz FR doesn't punish u when u make mistake (spin out)..

i've seen an MR2 trying to drift.. not an easy task..

and FR rules in the drift world :biggrin:

but MR is good in circuits.. :burnout:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Aiya.. FF cars are designed for noobies to survive in a "situation". Noobies like me would die a miserable and horrible death if driving a FR when diving into a wet corner too fast.

It's usually instinct that'll make a noobie like me jam the brakes when faced with a situation like oversteer or understeer and I believe oversteer will have me killed faster.

But for experienced drivers I suspect FR is more fun. May not be faster but definitely more fun. All those TV hosts like Tiff Needle, Vicky Henderson, Jeremy Clarkson and all pretty much confirm this.

Honestly who really cares FF or FR or MR is faster? It really should be about the driving experience. If it makes you smile everytime you floor the pedal then that car is a good car.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I love FR and especially MR cars, but one particular individual here is talking like as if FWD cars are worthless and it looks like he can control any car he wants.

U eat cili, u rasa pedas la ya? Try bringing a stock FD2R or DC5R and hit 2.45 in sepang first before you even badmouth FF cars the next time.
Just like our friend above said, FF is for noobies. FR, MR, RR and AWD are for pros, nuff said.. :driver:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I use to love FR and AWD and hate FF. But now, I love them all.

FF made for noobies? Not entirely true or false. It is true that FF is more biased towards inducing understeer for safety.

But having said that, there are high performance FF cars too. Such as the FD2R, DC5, Celica etc... I don't think these beast are for noobies right?

The difference is just in the style of racing.FF are for grip and high G force cornering. FR and MR are more to drift. AWD are good for drift and grip racing as well... Its just different category guys...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im using a mitsubishi twincam engine... as most of us know the hydrolic tappets makes alot of noise...
just 1 2 know if any1 have tried tufoil to solve it...
pls give feed back .... thx:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience