Pls recommend good Double Din HU with GPS/MP3/USB etc funtions/good setup for wag

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
Hi,

kindly recommend a good double din player with touch screen with GPS/MP3/USB/CD/DVD functions regardless of Japan/Taiwan origin based on your experience

also kindly suggest a good setup for wagon type car.
for current setup is OEM component on front door enclosure and mid bass at rear door enclosure

subwoofer box installation is not in the picture as space is essential..active subwoofer is optional

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
get either alpine/kenwood/pioneer, should be around 4-5k

get component sets for both front and rear and an active sub

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, guess u can't runaway from these brands, they r the giant brand name in automotive industry. But for rebels who wanted something different, can try the following- akai, Blaupunkt, and philips. Installed philips in my car, so far so good n not bad at all, price is reasonable. For sound system, can try cadence, which is a new brand, the product line impress me, or can go for the mainstream brand names such as sound stream, Mohawk, etc etc...just my two cents

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
thanks for the info

as for the item mentioned, any combination series come in mind?
referring to combinations of HU+component+midbass+active subwoofer

as for active subwoofer, what will drive it?
is it directly powered by the HU(as the subs itself have a built in amp)?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
what do u mean combinations? recommend brand & model is it? whats your budget?

yes active sub has built in amp

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi kayy,
the combination is quite subjective, depend on your preference, but as with all audio setup it is a bit difficult to get the perfect sound you want with the first go, becos u can install then decide, u must buy 1st!! usually i would recommend, HU + component set (front) and 2 or 3 ways speaker at the back then finished off with a woofer at the back or an active woofer under the seat...depend on other requirements-u may include crossover or amps, etc..but as a general rule of thumb, always make sure the sound comes from the "front" - like sitting in a cinema where the sound is always coming from the front..and not from behind..

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
ok noted..

as for brands/model, im just curious on the double din HU with multiple functions (GPS/MP3/USB/CD/DVD/Ipod/BT) and active subwoofer as i never use these hardware during previous setups

additional :
if want to amplify, add more balance and clarity to the sound produced by all the speakers(components fronts, midbass rear and active subwoofer)..does an additional amplifier and electronic crossover needed or the power from the double din (50Wx4) sufficient?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
actual power from head unit is probly around 12-15W rms only, so if u want better quality u will need an amp, especially if your changing your speakers to components. electronic xover will not be needed at this stage, as u can use the low pass filters in the player or on the amp..

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
guys those pioneer models are ok right?

Pioneer AVH4350 - something like this?

im not a hardcore ice addict but i need good sound to listen to my music..for wagon...that doesnt use those 6x9 speakers, just use 6.5" midbass speakers / component set is sufficient ?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
even 6x9 also can. only component sets u will most probly need amps. comp set are where tweeter and midrange come separately as well as a small box called passive crossovers.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
hi bro zenn,

my car the rear speakers are mounted on the door. so i need to maintain that setup..

a HU like Pioneer AVH4350 would not be good enough to drive those component sets?

for now i have my oem panasonic double din player on the car... and rainbow component set.

now i thought wanna get a 2way speaker for the back door... the one that has midbass and a tweeter mounted... i need good sound quality and nice supporting bass...don need those hardcore boom boom sound...but good bass for my trance music.

will this setup work?

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hi bro zenn,

my car the rear speakers are mounted on the door. so i need to maintain that setup..

a HU like Pioneer AVH4350 would not be good enough to drive those component sets?

for now i have my oem panasonic double din player on the car... and rainbow component set.

now i thought wanna get a 2way speaker for the back door... the one that has midbass and a tweeter mounted... i need good sound quality and nice supporting bass...don need those hardcore boom boom sound...but good bass for my trance music.

will this setup work?
You're better off getting an underseat subwoofer rather than replacing the back speakers. Those have pretty pathetic bass. Even the average underseat active subwoofer is better than that. You'll probably spend almost the same amount anyway.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
agreed...

mughal90

Known Member
Oct 28, 2011
kota kinabalu
Components or coaxials will never give u an enjoyable bass, initially u will like it cz they'll be better sounding from the OEM but u will miss the bass part. Best solution is use front components and a 12 inch sub in rear with a sealed 0.75 inch MDF enclosure 1.25 cubic feet internal volume lined with polyfill and run them on a branded 4 channel amp. U won't be needing anything after that :) 4350 is a very good HU for starters.

If u want pure sound quality, go for original focal polyglass V30 components. For sub i recommend infinity 1260W 12 inch SQ sub. For a 4 channel amp go for soundstream reference series. This will make an ultimate SQ setup for your car.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone..i run a 1996 tiara..the engine uses carburettor and recently i noticed there's smell of petrol coming from my engine..sent it to the mech and asked him to check..after checking, he said something behind my carb leaked and needed to be replaced..i got 2 options:

1. Replace the entire carb which would cost me 880 for a new one as the torn part which is rubber cannot be replaced. No replacement parts.

2. Rebuild the carburettor with a carburettor rebuild kit which would cost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience