Malaysian Skyline Club?

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Perlis, Perak, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, Johor & Pahang.. Settle. I believe we have Skyliners active in ZTH from these states.

:top:
Don't forget N. Sembilan (Seremban fellas), Kelantan and Sarawak (members in the FB group).

I think it's safe to go ahead to form a pro-tem committee, and then during the AGM the committee can be finalised.

Nominations for chairperson:
1. Pimpin

Nominations for pro-tem committee members:
etc

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Can't we create a Skyline Club, dropping the Malaysian word? Of course membership is opened to all.
IMHO perhaps with the word 'Malaysian' brings some weight to the club when we approach for sponsorships etc.

Though by dropping the word, it would easier in the sense that we could forego the 7 state ruling.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Since nobody's willing to take the initial lead, let me do it lah.. of course with the blessings of the majority. Will try my best to devote time to make it happen (I'm bored at the clinic anyways) and hopefully get the 1st AGM going for handover of administration to those elected.

My suggested plans for the founding of the official MSC as per below:

1. Set up pro-tem committee

2. To decide on the Club's mission and discuss benefits for members.

3. Organize Skyline Mega Gathering (To gather all Skyliners all over Msia. To announce the Club to the public. To encourage membership).

4. 1st AGM during the Mega Gathering to handover administration to elected council members.

Timeline to complete all four items above would be till end of the year.

1st January would be the date the new elected council members take power.

I'd like the Club to have Skyline trackdays and a Nismo Festival-like event annually (and of course, CSR events such as the recent buka puasa).

I believe it is possible with the support and effort by the members of the Club.

:driver:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Temujin... I second your self nomination. I offer Putra Heights as the first meeting point to discuss the above. :)

Thanks bro, appreciate ur support.

I think having an official club would be beneficial to its members as we can officially apply for sponsorship for events and such.

I suppose the Club could provide benefits to its members such as participation in official Skyline Trackdays, Nismo/Nissan events, as well as getting discounts on automotive parts and apparel. This of course would need the pro-tem committee and the subsequent elected committees gracious efforts to make this a reality.

Now let's get to business.

We need pro-tem committee members. Those who can help in managing docs for submission to ROS, gathering membership info, getting contacts for Mega Gathering sponsorships, provide expertise and assistance in event management and any other commitment that any of you can provide.

Basically I think the aim for the pro-tem committee is to first of all establish the club and then setup the 1st AGM to have elected council members.

I'd like to propose having the 1st AGM during the Mega Skyline Gathering 2011 as I would hope this event would gather most if not all local Skyliners.

Therefore manpower is needed to manage the Mega Skyline Gathering 2011 & 1st AGM.

Off my head I have a few suggestions (though not necessarily be followed to the dot).

[PIMPIN] & VSpec could help in the documentation and submission of application to the ROS. I'm not well versed in the application, therefore would like the help of both of you to take a lead in this.

BloodRed, I think you would have the recent database of the Skyliners. We would need to use the database as well as our FB & ZTH channels to promote the gathering, AGM and the Club as well. Get as many contacts as you can and get them involved, one way or another (their involvement in the club, not the method to get them involved :biggrin:).

Feezdya, I'd like you to pull out the stops on every contact you have for organizing the event. I'd like to nominate you for the post of Project Manager for the Skyline Mega Gathering 2011 & 1st AGM.

The people above are my suggestions as lead men, hopefully most will agree.

Hopefully others would also come forward to lend a hand and put some commitment to make this happen.

I'd like to suggest a preliminary meeting at Putra Heights this weekend. Personally I'd prefer Sunway as it would be more or less in the middle between those in KL and Klang but parking would be more favourable in Putra Heights. I'm open to suggestions though, Aman Suria would also be good.

This preliminary meeting is for those interested in the formation of the Club and need not be only those who would be in the pro-tem committee. So basically everyone's invited.

I'd like to suggest to meet up this Friday, 19 August 2011 at 9.30pm (I would hope most would be there by 10pm) at Putra Heights.

I'd like us to discuss these three things:

1. What we could do for the members both upon registration of membership as well as long term benefits.
2. What is needed to apply to ROS and how we could achieve it
3. Pre-planning for the Skyline Mega Gathering 2011 & 1st AGM

For those unable to attend but would like to contribute, you can post it up in the forum or by PM-ing me.

Cheers.

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I'd like to suggest to meet up this Friday, 12 August 2011 at 9.30pm (I would hope most would be there by 10pm) at Putra Heights.
Sorry bro, I may run stock boost but I can't travel back in time. :hmmmm:

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
Thanks bro, appreciate ur support.

I think having an official club would be beneficial to its members as we can officially apply for sponsorship for events and such.

I suppose the Club could provide benefits to its members such as participation in official Skyline Trackdays, Nismo/Nissan events, as well as getting discounts on automotive parts and apparel. This of course would need the pro-tem committee and the subsequent elected committees gracious efforts to make this a reality.

Now let's get to business.

We need pro-tem committee members. Those who can help in managing docs for submission to ROS, gathering membership info, getting contacts for Mega Gathering sponsorships, provide expertise and assistance in event management and any other commitment that any of you can provide.

Basically I think the aim for the pro-tem committee is to first of all establish the club and then setup the 1st AGM to have elected council members.

I'd like to propose having the 1st AGM during the Mega Skyline Gathering 2011 as I would hope this event would gather most if not all local Skyliners.

Therefore manpower is needed to manage the Mega Skyline Gathering 2011 & 1st AGM.

Off my head I have a few suggestions (though not necessarily be followed to the dot).

[PIMPIN] & VSpec could help in the documentation and submission of application to the ROS. I'm not well versed in the application, therefore would like the help of both of you to take a lead in this.

BloodRed, I think you would have the recent database of the Skyliners. We would need to use the database as well as our FB & ZTH channels to promote the gathering, AGM and the Club as well. Get as many contacts as you can and get them involved, one way or another (their involvement in the club, not the method to get them involved :biggrin:).

Feezdya, I'd like you to pull out the stops on every contact you have for organizing the event. I'd like to nominate you for the post of Project Manager for the Skyline Mega Gathering 2011 & 1st AGM.

The people above are my suggestions as lead men, hopefully most will agree.

Hopefully others would also come forward to lend a hand and put some commitment to make this happen.

I'd like to suggest a preliminary meeting at Putra Heights this weekend. Personally I'd prefer Sunway as it would be more or less in the middle between those in KL and Klang but parking would be more favourable in Putra Heights. I'm open to suggestions though, Aman Suria would also be good.

This preliminary meeting is for those interested in the formation of the Club and need not be only those who would be in the pro-tem committee. So basically everyone's invited.

I'd like to suggest to meet up this Friday, 19 August 2011 at 9.30pm (I would hope most would be there by 10pm) at Putra Heights.

I'd like us to discuss these three things:

1. What we could do for the members both upon registration of membership as well as long term benefits.
2. What is needed to apply to ROS and how we could achieve it
3. Pre-planning for the Skyline Mega Gathering 2011 & 1st AGM

For those unable to attend but would like to contribute, you can post it up in the forum or by PM-ing me.

Cheers.
hehe seem like we already found MSC Presidente!! Long live TemujiN!:adore:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Anyone who is SERIOUS about participating in this please download, read and understand all of the documents in the zip file provided. Some are relevant, while others are not. I've included all so that everyone is more familiar with the Act.

Also, I have drafted a basic constitution based on what other Clubs have used in their ROS submissions. Please read thoroughly, understand its contents and make notes in the margins as to what changes you feel should be made. Also note what needs to be added and what could be left out.

Don't bother with legal advisers, etc. I don't believe its necessary and furthermore JaHaX is in the midst of setting up a new firm therefore I don't think its fair to burden him with what is really a simple, straightforward application. If need be, I have lawyers in fact a team of them so I can get one of the junior associates to review the documents if needed. Don't worry about the legal fees, I'll get one to do it pro bono since I know where all of them live (J/K!).

If the pro tem sticks to all the requirements needed for the submission, then there is no reason for the ROS to reject the application. I don't think there is a need to fast-track this since there are no reasons for rushing. It isn't a new idea, but once suggested months ago so why the hurry? Do it properly, thoroughly and do it once and for all.

I don't mean to be harsh when I say this but if you cannot read all the attachments, understand them well enough to discuss them as well as make suggestions and amendments by Friday, then I suggest you re-evaluate your commitment towards being a part of the steering committee.

Good luck. Let me know if you guys need help.

Rapidshare:
Malaysian Skyline Club Draft Constitution & Societies Act 1966

Google Docs:
Malaysian Skyline Club Draft Constitution & Societies Act 1966

ADDENDUM: Temujin if you're to serve as President/Chairman of MSC would you be open to relinquishing your Staff position in ZTH? Sounds petty but if you want to run this properly, its the correct way of doing it I reckon. I'd choose MSC if I were you, Tom can find other Staff for ZTH.

Last edited:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Agreed. Those who wish to be in the steering com, please read up. Will trash it out this Friday in the meeting.

[PIMPIN];1063659355 said:
ADDENDUM: Temujin if you're to serve as President/Chairman of MSC would you be open to relinquishing your Staff position in ZTH? Sounds petty but if you want to run this properly, its the correct way of doing it I reckon. I'd choose MSC if I were you, Tom can find other Staff for ZTH.

No problem. I'm just a contributor anyhow.. :biggrin:

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Looks like progress. :biggrin:

Please cross-post this on the FB group as well. There seems to be higher readership over there.

I don't want to be in the pro-tem committee but can I just come and listen if there's a meeting Friday? I promise I won't be kepohchi hehehehe :listen:

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Temujin,

That i can do, but please, don't make me read all those docs. :)

Will revert back with a plan on the database.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Question:

Should we restrict the membership to those who presently own a Skyline or is it open to ex Skyline owners and non Skyline owners (those who have never owned one) too?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Temujin,

That i can do, but please, don't make me read all those docs. :)

Will revert back with a plan on the database.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Question:

Should we restrict the membership to those who presently own a Skyline or is it open to ex Skyline owners and non Skyline owners (those who have never owned one) too?
You need to own a Skyline at the point of joining as a member and upon selling your Skyline, your membership will cease at the end of the period (say yearly dues) upon which cannot be renewed. That's one option, albeit a little elitist but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

On a side note, no offence Azmir but it took me time to compile the PDF documents and also to come up with the draft constitution which I did months ago. If I could go through all that trouble, couldn't you, with all due respect, give it at least a cursory read through? Thanks bro

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
What should be the info required for registration?

Name
Address
Tel #
Plate Number (??) - to verify if presently a Skyline owner maybe?
Car Model
DOB (??)
IC (??)

What else?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

One of the forum members of Club4AG, Moto-P, got the chance to attend a dinner meeting with the chief project engineer of the Toyota FT-86, Tetsuya Tada, and got to see the final production version as well as some of the juicy details regarding the car that pretty much confirm that the car was designed with tuning and the aftermarket scene in mind.

The FT-86, was from the onset, designed and intended to be a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience