Track Day Support Group 2011.

KEE aka Storm

Known Member
Nov 22, 2009
Subang Jaya
akuma,
ya i will be there on 4th Sep, more than 6months didn't track d, tangan gatal kaki gatal, hahaha... guess i'll see your orange rocket burn some rubber that day ;)

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
well,i'm hoping 2 sort out my car b4 4th Sept..had some issue w oil leaks d last time i went SIC.....damn lotsa white smoke.......n u dun need 2 look out 4 my orange/black car lar..it's a slow monkey car...u shud look out 4 either an EVO/FD RX7/huge ass GT Wing-ed Lotus Elise.....IF d high-being decided 2 share d track w us monkeys lar......u better stay off his way or else he'll go on n rant dat u either lansi block his lines or u bullied him.....n if ur free,do check out SIC's OTD schedule on a daily basis n update every1 ok?coz it's obvious sum ppl duno how 2 get information.....aisey..wat m i wasting my Sat nyte in here playing monkey w u?i shud b out der checking out hot n sexy female monkeys!hahaaahhahh....

BonesGarage

Known Member
Jul 12, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Elsm80,

I agree with most of your points although the name calling was a bit harsh. Thanks anyway for putting out your thoughts blantly. I feel the same way too in most cases.Apparently most track goers going to OTD are like that and the "faster" ones expect to get some kind of recognition/street credit, which probably they could never obtain elsewhere,e.g. real life/work etc.Getting into a herd helps too I guess.C'mon, improve timing, racing skills etc,?? What for again?it makes me wonder why they are still stuck in a econobox for years and not picked/sponsored to drive for a real racing team.

Sadly,these frequent OTD track goers had taken out the fun out of the whole event.

The only way for you to avoid this community is to just avoid OTD and join private track days. Of course it is much more expensive, but it's worth it. You can call up the Sepang F1office and talk to the guys there directly for more info.The time slots will be odd so you have to be prepared to take that Annual Leave/MC. In the end of the day, there is only one Sepang track, and like it or not, we have to follow their schedule. But you have a choice when it comes to whom you would want to share the track with.

Last edited:

abe20

Known Member
Jun 21, 2006
Lets play ps gran torismo. .no engine blow! N u dont have to face this all. .In online or real world. .Kahhhhh

from a retired otd attacker. .:driver:

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Haha.... before I start, I think I would first like to apologize for my previous use of foul language. BonesGarage is right. No point in it.

Now, that's sorted; let's begin.

Akuma
Stop being a facebook stalker. That is some really hairy gay ass character you have there. Very soon, you'd be telling the world the colour of my underwear. The point is, personal as my attacks have been, they have been limited to the context of OTDs. Obey this rule and I'll "layan" your gibberish.

The rest excluding Khoyos and Bones
It is obvious that you really have no idea what is being discussed and only ape to be accepted by your "track" hero who has nothing better to do than to stalk people on the internet. This is understand-able as most of you have admitted to being monkeys and as we all know monkey see, monkey do.

240s - I know and have heard of them, but please don't be so "perasan" as to think that I want to talk about them. Like we ALL have said, what so great about 2.40s or 2.30s on Sepang nowadays? So, please go wank off in a corner and feel good about it by yourself. 2.40s was the magic mark 5 years ago, so the people I was talking about have all long gone below 2.40s. They used to define themselves with this timing but when they hit the 2.30s, they admitted that timing definition was not really accurate in measuring one's abilities. Anyone with 400k can buy a GTR, slap on fat semis and do 2.30s all day long. Whilst, I would have genuine RESPECT and AWE if somebody is able to do a 2.30 in a NA 1.8. So this scale has various co-factors which I will not explain for fear of boring the self-admitted monkeys to sleep.

My cars are again none of your business BUT for your information, GT wings on a car with less than 300whp on SEPANG are useless. I wanted to achieve full throttle attacks from turn 5 through 8 and I found the car was twitchy and nervous through the transitions. Downforce solved it for me but I totally lost out on whatever meagre top speed I had. The object point is that Mr Akuma will never understand what R&D is about. Btw, Akuma...if you want the wing, its in storage as part of my R&D efforts. Billet aluminium stands (4 step adjustable) with the aerofoil design modelled from one coming from a genuine GT3 Lambo. The Lotus is a test mule for race-tech.

So if you see me coming up behind or in front of you, please be careful as I may kill you with prototype bespoke parts.

Thanks and warmest regards.
Eugene

basikal_pancit

500 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Selangor
Dear elsm80,

I would really understand your situation as I'm really a newbie in the track event. I never know when the OTD were held and don't even know all the rules and regulation.

For all this time, I've been scared to go to any since I don't have much fund to spare if anything were to happen during the track days because of what I've heard, people just push u during corner, your tayar will eventually rosak for even 1 session, the old timer are lansi etc...

But I've been wondering what it feels like to drive on the track with all car are racing (unlike on the road, there are some mak cik going to pasar, some student going to class). I was also afraid to lepak with all those people that u refer to as monkeys since they are old friends and afraid that i coulnd't really blend in with them.

BUT, i gave it a try. I'll contact them to lepak. I'll contact them for any technical issue. I'll hang around when they lepak to gain more knowledge that they have through out the year.
GUESS what? During my first track day , I F%^KING enjoyed it! I was the only first timer that day, but i have no problem at all. I don't know all the drivers that day, but no problem at all since i was there to enjoy the track. I even got some of the driver to teach me on the track lines, how to take the corner, what tire pressure should i have and all kind of thing.

The super lansi Akuma is not that lansi. He might sound lansi in the forum, but to tell u the truth, he's a good man. We even share knowledge and tools.

Yeah I understand in the first post that you are looking for people that might have same situation like u to join and support each other. I might join because i was a first timer with no friend to go to with BUT after all the names calling and saying that old timer are lansi, i think u might just be wrong.

What is wrong with 240s? They are not lansi. I think my timing was 3.00 but i have no problem chilling out with them. the 2.40 as a benchmark for them to achieve even it was done 5 years back by someone. Van diesel also refer to all the powerful car as 10seconds car.. then what happen if the car can do 9 seconds? Please..... i don't think its right for u to laughed you ass of because of this.

Psst : Malay saying : masuk kandang kambing mengembek, masuk kandang lembu booo... so don't expect to masuk kandang harimau and ask the harimau to follow us mengembek. we have to follow them mengaum...... tq :)

HIDUP HARIMAU MALAYA AND DATO' LEE CHONG WEI

redridinghood86

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
You guys want your fun, that's alright, but is it right to judge people based on their agendas? So what if they go there just to time themselves? The time 2.40s is a benchmark, for a stock/close to stock Honda (If you haven't realise that most of the people here are Honda drivers). Timing isn't really a really good way to determine how good you are, but isn't it one of the factors? True enough that some mod their cars just so that they can break the 2.40 barrier but how many of us have that kind of cash?

I want to mod myself to get into low 2.40s as well but that would beat the purpose of timing myself, actually, an excuse cause I have limited cash :P *seriously, not a joke

I know some of the people go there just to learn, but why not you show some respect to the group before laughing at them?

**2.42 apparently is the best time that a Honda Malaysia Racing Team driver did with a stock standard Civic Type R with speed cut still intact, so isn't it a good benchmark to learn?

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Honda drivers are MOSTLY full of themselves until you turn up in something faster.

Just an observation so please don't lose sleep over it k mate.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

One more thing, there are only 2 places on the track that the speed cut will cost you time and I doubt that a stock CTR can hit 180 on the home and back straight.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
One more thing, there are only 2 places on the track that the speed cut will cost you time and I doubt that a stock CTR can hit 180 on the home and back straight.
eeerrr.....even my ex-B16A EF (stock mind u) could touch 180 on the 2 straights...and thats with entering the straight with 3rd gear instead of 2nd.

and my current stock B20 touched 190 before i had to let off at the 200m mark....damn brake fade.

redridinghood86

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Honda drivers are MOSTLY full of themselves until you turn up in something faster.

Just an observation so please don't lose sleep over it k mate.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

There you are, making assumptions, calling people names and stereotyping Honda drivers.

YET you have the nerve to call others lansi or judgmental.

IF you can't come out with a better reply then don't bother replying. & IF you can't take my diplomatic opinion or explanation, then why bother posting in a public forum?

Cut your personal attacks, it only makes you look childish.

P.S. I have personally driven in the track, not a very good driver, only 2.49 maximum la, main straight, I hit 187 then the speed cut stopped me, just before the 150m mark. So? How?

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
eeerrr.....even my ex-B16A EF (stock mind u) could touch 180 on the 2 straights...and thats with entering the straight with 3rd gear instead of 2nd.

and my current stock B20 touched 190 before i had to let off at the 200m mark....damn brake fade.
Yo Madman !!

Yeah base on the speed they zoom pass me at the back straight when k I am doing abt 150kmh I reckon Vtec is really a amazing engine.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
R&D=Research and Development,correct ar dis 1?But thn again,dis ONLY show i KNOW wat is R&D but don't UNDERSTAND wat is R&D,correct?but sum1 ASSUMED i DON'T understand wat is R&D.my case similiar w redridinghood86(eh,can chg 2 shorter nick or not lar wei?)..limited cash..i can only afford ONE 1989 ol junk as my toy car.....but guess wat's d BEAUTY of having lotsa frens on almost simliar platform?SHARED R&D.....n also,sum1 ASSUMED i'm a stalker......adoi.....lemme explain myself a lil......1st,whn i read dis post,yes,i haf no idea at all who u are so my 1st thought was,dis COULD b a newbie(yes,i ASSUMED,ok?) and so my actual intention was 2 know a lil more abt u(like wat car u drive,wat sorta timing ur doin now,etc) and hopefully can help/guide/just make 1 more fren who loves track driving too(well,i did make alot of frens frm SIC outings)....but NO,u 1na take it d wrong way n start calling names monkeys n such.....thn it was sum1 else who tracked u down,showed me YOUR FB n tell me,dat's prolly u...n it's NO secret dat all ur statistics r for all 2 c in zth......so,yes,i read ur other postings & replies......well,i'm not gonna judge u or assume anythg abt u......but i guess u 1na stick 2 ur own style,so haf it ur way.....no1 lose any,no1 gain any either......but yeah,go ahead n diss Honda drivers more...it's ok....v r relatively poor compared 2 u..so v can't afford high end sport cars like u do 2 achieve LOWER lap times.....i'll b sticking w my Honda..n i'll continue 2 go 4 OTD or private sessions like RCA/HPC/etc....so,IF u think u can KILL me w ur matlan parts,b my guest.....talk is cheap!

^kenji^

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
kl
haiyo...headache calculating speed or time? let see u all at 4th sept.....let hav a fun trackday!

KEE aka Storm

Known Member
Nov 22, 2009
Subang Jaya
one man standing on top of the mountain by himself, look down, and said "im taller than all of you", and he just stay there on the mountain top.
other men who were down on the ground, not as "tall", they are going places, with buddies and friends, and make new friends while travelling, discovering new things. and they found more things to be discover together on the "ground".

the view is beautiful up there, and thanks for telling us about it elsm80.
but i guess most of us prefer to stay on the ground. cheeers ;)

btw akuma, i want to request for taxi ride in SIC later, T1 to T15, then to T1 again, taxi duit berapa?? :biggrin:

ari7474tme

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Hello again Eugene,

Firstly, i love the Elise/Exige. And i told most of my car friends that if ever i have enough dough, i will get myself the Elise/Exige, as its a raw driving machine and the community of Lotus drivers are very good. They do frequent drives and track a lot. OKB was very helpful in explaining to me the pros and cons of having a Lotus. A real champ. And for you to clock 1:20s and winning the RWD cat in SNF is a sign of a good driver. Not many can handle a RWD pocket rocket. I was fortunate enough to be driven around SIC in a blue Elise owned by a Dr and he showed me some skills trying to tame the bluey. He clocked 2:42 with me and that was more than 3 years ago. I was in Sic with no car and just chatted up to him. Real cool Dr.

As for R&D, i saw on youtube recently how some guys in Aussie are trying the DRS with their GT wing. If you could replicate the mechanism, it'll help you gain your straight line speed as well as your full throttle 5-8..

And as for 240s, since you mentioned that you were not referring to us, then its cool. You dont really need to say that we are 'perasan' and asking us to 'wank off' as i think i did not provoke you in any way.. You have your thing and we have ours okay? 240s is a good benchmark. But it depends on what car.. In 03/04, i've clocked 2:35 in an Evo 3. And in 2011, i clocked 2:35 in a 1.8 Dc2. But with my own car, i still cant break the 2:37 barrier.. Regardless, i'm still a proud member of 240s and we dont go around dissing other people. On or off track so please Eugene.. Lets be a bit civilized and enjoy our passion for driving.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hai all,

Sori long time no story.bz like crazy la. no lah. i'm still around & looking around for the best option s per above tread.

so far, can find any. is there any? friends suggest to go for modified evo I/II/III disc, which i'm not keen off unless somebody can provide data/statistic that it's safe to do so- btw, its for daily ride & spritted driving accasionally.

any suggestion? safety is my main concern.

cheers

p/s: its for satria running on mivec henjen
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience