Malaysian Skyline Club?

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
How about BR bro? Why don't we list down qualified candidates for club president. I knew out there have lots of skyline team but if we can call all the team leader, that would be nice for us to start up the club.

I do recomend the president should have the criteria as follows,

1. Wide knowledge in skyline
2. Friendly to all
3. Can give a speech
4. Happy go lucky
5. Can attend all events (muslim and non muslim)

So who have all these criteria? From what I see only you and BR have these. But not forgetting mr temujin as well...

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
How about BR bro? Why don't we list down qualified candidates for club president. I knew out there have lots of skyline team but if we can call all the team leader, that would be nice for us to start up the club.

2. Friendly to all
3. Can give a speech
4. Happy go lucky

So who have all these criteria? From what I see only you and BR have these. But not forgetting mr temujin as well...
Feez... Y are u describing urself?

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
what benefits ka? thats a tough one. what benefits can a goverment provide to a nation from nothing? well, the answer goes along the path of formation. once a cpommitte is developed. we open membership then develop organization. what we can provide at this stage is just false promises so better not even make any. work as a team and we can make something out of it .

i would want to congratulate RR n Feez and all thats involved in yesterdays charity drive. we all had fun , even the weather couldnt pull our spirits down.. so maybe the next AMG we can start opening data collection and member ship. but before that neeed to start commitee formation as we planned before.. but cant deny , some of us has the passion but not the time. some of us has the time but has personal agenda.. lets restart the commetee formation and voting and most important self participation

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004

2. Friendly to all
3. Can give a speech
4. Happy go lucky

6. Actually WANTS to be president.

Count me out bro. I'd be happy to help set-up the Club but I don't have what it takes to lead it. Drafting constitution, etc all is fine with me. I'm OK doing all the work necessary in the background, ikhlas because I want to see this happen on some level. But other than that, I'd like to be a normal member. :driver:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Pretty good question. I'm not sure myself exactly other than the Secret Service protection, the interns, etc.

In all seriousness, the President of the Pro-tem committee would be responsible for coordinating the efforts of the various members of the committee such as the Secretary, Treasurer and Committee Members in charge of Membership, Events and PR/Media. I guess the committee would need to first plan the events for every quarter/year and execute them effectively.

Among others, the President would of course needs to be one who has time to spare. That is one of the requirements that is necessary not only for that post but also for others in the committee. Knowledge about Skylines shouldn't be a prerequisite as much as passion for them should be.

It would be beneficial for the Club if the President is one who is personable and carries him or herself well in public. As President, I suppose one would be the public face of the Club so its not only important that the potential Club members accept him but that the public will too. Being President means having to step in at times as Club activities will often involve the authorities and branches of the local governments such as City Hall, etc. Although this would be the domain of the Committee Member for Events, the President of the Club should always be ready and able to assist in getting approvals, etc.

Besides that, I guess the President should be one who is impartial to all the various factions that currently exist (yes, the sooner we all admit there are small factions the easier everyone comes together) and that requires a certain amount of diplomacy and discretion on his part. It would be the responsibility of the Committee Member for Membership in keeping membership dues up to date as well as maintaining the registry of members however its really the President which is the glue that gels the members together.

This is just how I view it. Some may or may not agree but my views aren't as comprehensive since I've been made aware my posts are too long sometimes. In short, the President and the Committee Members, if this Club ever does become a reality, need to selected properly as the composition of the entire Committee makes or breaks the Club.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I nominate Pimpin for founding chairman.
Thanks bro, but I respectfully decline. I don't know if you've noticed but I'm probably one of the younger ones here therefore it wouldn't be appropriate. PLUS I don't want to be Chairman/President but I'd help/serve the Club in anyway I can and for that I don't need a post even.

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

Actually, to be perfectly honest being a proper club will result in internal politics which I feel we can do without. Why can't it be a democracy, a proper democracy whereby whoever initiates an event follows through with it and if needed, those with time can step in and help. An example would be Saturday's event - although I sort of suggested it, without the help of Blood Red and feezdya, there is absolutely no way I could have pulled it off. Not to mention all of you who donated (anonymously or otherwise) and attended the event.

Can't this be the way going forward? Call ZTH our official home but use Facebook for more informal or spontaneous events/activities? Since this section of the forums is sponsored by Tan Chong, what more do we want? Even the official Nissan people in Malaysia recognize this as the home of Skyline owners in Malaysia.

Hopefully midship could assist further in future events such as goodies from Nismo? Even a keychain or stickers for all in attendance would go a long way in terms of goodwill. Could we do this for the Mega Gathering?

I actually mentioned the possibility of T-shirts for the Mega Gathering while arranging the donations by Rev-Junkies and Justin has two separate designs specially kept on hold for us but would need advance notice as they take about 1.5 months to make (sizes are custom and based on our sizes we're going to need custom!).

Aside from that, discreet stickers like how JDM Autolink has made could easily be made if everyone agrees. Again, only if the majority agrees.

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just IMHO but without a founding chairman to lead a committee this club won't happen.

Someone needs to lead it, otherwise it will just be status quo.

My nomination stands.

Committee needs an uneven number of people, eg. 7 or 9 or 11 (for voting purposes). Preferably not too many.

You will also need to decide on quorum ie if less than 50% of committee do not attend, then decisions cannot be made.

This is probably common knowledge to everyone but I guess can be useful if we're talking about setting up a committee.

Again, I'd like to reiterate that the chairperson is key.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I understand completely what you mean. I've even taken the liberty of stealing another club's constitution (shhh!) and editing it to suit our context. Since most of the clubs seem to have the same constitution, I think everyone copied each other anyway. As mentioned, I don't mind the paperwork. Probably could help push the application through ROS a bit faster since its under KDN, might know one or two people there. Hopefully they're in a position to help but no promises either.

However, as V-Spec has mentioned you do realize we need people from 7 (is this correct # EJ?) different States to use the Malaysian term to describe our Club. That is why I asked for help from Hypertune/Shift to give us some coverage and with that perhaps we can achieve the critical mass needed. I hope I didn't step on any toes by doing so but I fail to see how it would be against our best interests to have more exposure especially on a national level.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Perlis, Perak, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, Johor & Pahang.. Settle. I believe we have Skyliners active in ZTH from these states.

:top:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My fren prefers to manually shift gear (low to higher) whenever the needle reaches 4k rpm. Nothing lower than that. He like to tarik longer becoz it feels sportier getting stuck to his seat. He oso like the exhaust note.

My mechanic tarik and then change gear, just by listening to the engine rev. He says only greenhorns look at rpm meter when driving on the road wor.

As for me, I tarik until 3k rpm becoz wanna safe petrol, Besides, my car engine oredi old old and vibrates oso...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience