survey brand of absorber used on ae101

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi to everyone sifoo,
right now i tries looking around suspension for ae101, because my rear absorber now already sound "kong, kong" while in inflate road. thus, this is the time need to exchange my absorber. so that i open this title as mentioned above, hopefully can get survey that recently 4AGE club member using.
tips: i wanna to absorber set more stiffness than local made ae111. and not harden than like abjustable. have everyone sifoo can advice?

chuckie

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Titan Adjustable at Pandan Indah. Call Mr Richard at 013-3506561 @ 03-42979878
I've been using their suspension for my three cars b4. Corolla SE, Corolla SEG and Corolla Altis.
Current using stock bcoz car still under warranty. No regrets bro. Use their absorber and ur spring > comfort and superb handling for high speed at cornering.

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
lot choice at market..from used to brand new..

stock absorber with stock spring
-kayaba made in malaysia, tokiko

sport absorber with sport spring
-trd sport spring with trd abosrber
- gab sport spring with absorber
- etc.

adjustable
- tein..hi low only/ high low-soft hard
- trd
- jic
- buddy club
- tom's
- gab
- etc..

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
currently riding on cusco HL/SH...i have to admit that the transition phase between stock to adjustable is a "vomit inducing" experience...harsher ride couple with annoying noise is the down side of it...once get used to it...there is no turning back...the fact that my crappy car can turn at speed in access of 120/kmh without breaking a sweat is really amazing feat on its own...

bottom line is...(regardless of brand)
1. comfort = stick with oem/uprated dampers and springs
2. dress up (lowered ride height + improve handling) = oem/uprated dampers + lowered/sport springs
3. wolf in sheep clothing = adjustable coilovers is the way to go...

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Uprated absorbers no experience. But heard good things about Titan, you should call them.
I only use have experience using stock and then straight to adjustables.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
My SEG use Potenza Gymkhana soft/hard adjustable with APM Performax at front and HIT Hi/Lo adjustable at rear.
Good enough for me to tackle a corner.

For my opinion, if you want to use abs stiffer than stock, I would like to recommend full set APM Performax abs and spring.
Originally my front absorber came with Espelir spring, but I still choose performax spring cos of stiffness.

Last edited:

2slow

Known Member
May 2, 2005
i'm running with trd low spring front n rear.front trd abs rear kyb japan abs
so far happy with it
heard tein HA bang for bucks :driver:

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
Titan Adjustable at Pandan Indah. Call Mr Richard at 013-3506561 @ 03-42979878
I've been using their suspension for my three cars b4. Corolla SE, Corolla SEG and Corolla Altis.
Current using stock bcoz car still under warranty. No regrets bro. Use their absorber and ur spring > comfort and superb handling for high speed at cornering.
chuckie bro,
as ur mentioned, the Titan adjustable can set hi/low, soft/hard as well?..how much for ur whole set absober for seg ?:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

mekimi bro,
want to ask regard ur Potenza Gymkhana soft/hard absorber. where did u get it..? bcoz i never heard this brand before? is that local OEM? or halfcut japan?

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

mekimi bro,
want to ask regard ur Potenza Gymkhana soft/hard absorber. where did u get it..? bcoz i never heard this brand before? is that local OEM? or halfcut japan?

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
Titan
2 years hassle free local warranty..limitless setup in between..good after sale service

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
You buy TITAN, you actually buying a solution instead of absorbers.
Price roughly RM2,900.
H/L able to adjust by yourself, but S/H need to go back to TITAN.

Using it on my AE110, and wife's MyVi.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Beading Effect for KKE Thick Wax -

When water is sprayed on a normal car surface, the water would generally form a film and remain on the car paint and would probably dry on the car. The water drying on the car has several problems like leaving water spots, dirt dryin on the car etc. Even harmfull effects of bugs, tree saps, road film harms your car paint and its finish.

An unprotected car paint would probably have a water film.

KKE Thick Wax is to be applied by hand using a wax...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience