Brake Disc Rotor Upgrades?

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Hello guys,

Need some of ur expertise and experience. My discs are already warping... so its time to either skim them or replace them with aftermarket ones, or chop shop ones. Dropped the skimming idea coz my disc are already old. So, was thinking of getting some aftermarket ones...

I've seen some advertisement on brands like AXT Turbo, dba, Brac-X, National (UK ones).... and i've seen..err.. dunno what brand at Autobags... whats a good choice? i mean value for money... my budget is not exactly up to the level of Project Miu material....

Those who have gone thru this upgrade. Can u share ur experience? Most importantly... prices out there :X-:

OK, if not... alternatively, whats a good brake upgrade for my humble old EF?

Last edited by a moderator:

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
i just asked my sifu the same question last Sat

bro bang for buck why dont consider bigger brake from BB1 prelude? Im going this route as its proven by other honda seniors...not sure whether will the EF be a direct fit as my sifu told me its either direct fit or knuckle issue a bit...

im also driving EF so if u managed to do first keep me updated...need to save up for my brake upgrades as well... :P

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
@satanic

since u running 16" rims... u should look into R32 brakes... front 4pot and rear 2pot. RM1k can get front and rear.. but u need to research about installing them in ur car... especially in regards to offset n clearance with ur rims.

im also considering them but dunno can clear my 15" rims or not.

and this topic is like 2006 woi!

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
@satanic

since u running 16" rims... u should look into R32 brakes... front 4pot and rear 2pot. RM1k can get front and rear.. but u need to research about installing them in ur car... especially in regards to offset n clearance with ur rims.

im also considering them but dunno can clear my 15" rims or not.

and this topic is like 2006 woi!
Bro, just to share onli, there's one fren been using it into his EG 2 dr with b18cR 96 spec complaint that his car felt like "berat" at low rpm. But for braking of course very good

minivan,

Just suggestion fr what I've been found in the net bef but dunno can find the parts here or not laa ... EK or DC model can use NSX-R caliper with RA-6 disc/rotor .... for rear SV4 caliper & disc/rotor and both required 16' rims clearence. Coz some ppl using vtec 'tebo' says this set up enough already for them & I think for EF oso can be use ... but cant confirm laa

But at the moment, I'm already using RA-6 disc & caliper for front & SV4 caliper & disc for rear into my EK 4 dr ... I can say quite happy with it

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Bro, just to share onli, there's one fren been using it into his EG 2 dr with b18cR 96 spec complaint that his car felt like "berat" at low rpm. But for braking of course very good
ur friend using wat??? R32 brakes?? wat rims he using? wats the size, width n offset?

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
wat is R32 ??
R32 is Nissan Skyline R32 GTR....

I am using front BB4 disc & caliper. Using 15" rim can clear the caliper. My 15" rim offset is +35 with 7jj. Thinking of upgrading the caliper to R32 4 pot & maintain the BB4 disc. Seen ppl doing this. Anyone have done this conversion? If yes, can list down how much as below?

Front R32 4 pot - RM ???
Workmanship - RM ???
Can my rim clear the 4 pot? As seen ppl still using 15" rim with R32 4 pot...

Hope guys can share out...:biggrin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
@Sil80-13
im using the same setup oso... but my rim is 15x6.5 +40

i have a friend whos using 15" rims and nissan caliper with BB1/BB4 rotor... think his is from a silvia. not sure. tried asking him until now still no response on FB :(

i think if use the R32 caliper it might be too big to clear the rims.. coz the r32 rotor is 280mm and yet still cant clear 15"

ours is 282mm rotor...so if use r32 caliper i dun think can lepas...

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
@Sil80-13
im using the same setup oso... but my rim is 15x6.5 +40

i have a friend whos using 15" rims and nissan caliper with BB1/BB4 rotor... think his is from a silvia. not sure. tried asking him until now still no response on FB :(

i think if use the R32 caliper it might be too big to clear the rims.. coz the r32 rotor is 280mm and yet still cant clear 15"

ours is 282mm rotor...so if use r32 caliper i dun think can lepas...
Wow. Same setup but your rim is with 6,5jj & offset is +40 also can clear? Mine offset +35 also ngam ngam clear. What rim are you using? Maybe the design of the also makes the difference...Haha...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
me using Type X

though considering changing to 7jj and +35

wish we had 15x8 +36 or +35 here though....

EDIT: oh yeah...akuma is using the same setup oso... but his original RPF1 +41 offset (iinm) tak lepas... he had to sell the rims coz of the brakes hahahahha

Last edited:

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
me using Type X

though considering changing to 7jj and +35

wish we had 15x8 +36 or +35 here though....

EDIT: oh yeah...akuma is using the same setup oso... but his original RPF1 +41 offset (iinm) tak lepas... he had to sell the rims coz of the brakes hahahahha
I got ori Japan 15X7J PCD 100 4 lugs, P1 Racing 5 spoke (old model)... originally coming with 2 pieces off +35 and another 2 more pieces with off 41 ... I bought and shipped it personally from Japan .. last time it was fitted into one Nissan model... I wanna to sell it urgently... interested??? :biggrin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
LOL.... no thanks... not looking to buy rims yet.... no marnee coz car in workshop...engine pecah :(

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
I got ori Japan 15X7J PCD 100 4 lugs, P1 Racing 5 spoke (old model)... originally coming with 2 pieces off +35 and another 2 more pieces with off 41 ... I bought and shipped it personally from Japan .. last time it was fitted into one Nissan model... I wanna to sell it urgently... interested??? :biggrin:
I want only 2 pieces off +35 with 7J. Can sell separately? If yes, how much? Can email me the photos?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My bonet got some stain like super glue, and I can't wash it off. It sticks and I am having a headache.

I think it's from the trees or some plants...anyone know how I can clean it off without scratching my car or pouring acid ?

Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience