Emanage Ultimate

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have experience with the Emanage Ultimate in your car, specifically on R34 w/ RB25DET engine. Mind sharing your thoughts (pros/cons)?

Also, if you are not using either PFC or Haltech, what are you using and for what kind of set up?

Thank you.

Wassalam/Cheers,

Attachments

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have experience with the Emanage Ultimate in your car, specifically on R34 w/ RB25DET engine. Mind sharing your thoughts (pros/cons)?

Also, if you are not using either PFC or Haltech, what are you using and for what kind of set up?

Thank you.

Wassalam/Cheers,
Blood Red - I really cannot promise you that the E-Manage works and even so, it doesn't come with harness. I hope I'm not crossing the line but I feel you should address the current problem before going for upgrades. Until the underlying problem is fixed, I don't see the reason to complicate matters.

But in the interest of discussion, its better for you to list the features you need and then its easier to decide on what's best for your application. For example you might want to support larger injectors, run MAP, have data-logging, use STACK dash or whatever it is and what everyone else uses might not support some functions at all or some do certain functions better than others.

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Pimpin,

Yes, will not rush into getting an ECU. The reasons I ask are:

1. PFC for GTT is so difficult to source
2. Haltech is so prohibitive

So, as an alternative, I am looking for something that is around RM3 - 4k all in including installation/tuning that is capable of supporting the following:

1. Bigger turbine, say, GTRS or 3071
2. Bigger injectors
3. MAP or MAF

Personally, I know very little about aftermarket ECUs, thus I have zero clue on what to look for. For example, what is the difference between running on MAP or MAF?

Basically, I want something that can help me achieve mid to long term HP target (300 - 400whp).

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
BloodRed

very subjective issue when come to ECU selection
Like pimpin say, you need to ask yourself

what you want the ECU do for you before you decide

NOT the ECU can do what before you decide

PFC is hard to source but if not mistaken Vspec have one rite ?

kacheoh

Known Member
Sep 2, 2005
port dickson
wanna ask something here ... can emanage ultimate remove the air flow sensor for 1JZ ?
coz my intercooler piping was bigger than air flow sensor ... ???
please advise ... thanks.

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
BloodRed

very subjective issue when come to ECU selection
Like pimpin say, you need to ask yourself

what you want the ECU do for you before you decide

NOT the ECU can do what before you decide

PFC is hard to source but if not mistaken Vspec have one rite ?
Cmng,

That PFC is sold.

I understand what you are trying to say. Let me rephrase my question a little bit.

What is the difference between these:

1. Emanage ultimate
2. PFC
3. Haltech

I prefer if those who have used them on RB25, 26 share their experience on the pros n cons.

I can't say what I want from an ECU, thus the thread. I need to understand what I need to control to achieve a HP target of 400.

Thanks.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Cmng,

That PFC is sold.

I understand what you are trying to say. Let me rephrase my question a little bit.

What is the difference between these:

1. Emanage ultimate
2. PFC
3. Haltech

I prefer if those who have used them on RB25, 26 share their experience on the pros n cons.

I can't say what I want from an ECU, thus the thread. I need to understand what I need to control to achieve a HP target of 400.

Thanks.
If only a horsepower figure is all you're after then any of the above will get you there. But naturally one will be better than the other. You're going to have to be much more specific bro to be honest. Until you can articulate what exactly you're after, then you can't really get there can you?

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
[PIMPIN];1063635295 said:
If only a horsepower figure is all you're after then any of the above will get you there. But naturally one will be better than the other. You're going to have to be much more specific bro to be honest. Until you can articulate what exactly you're after, then you can't really get there can you?
Pimpin,

Then I need help in terms of articulating what I'm after. Ok, maybe it is best for me to share the shallowness of my knowledge on this so that you know where I am coming from.

1. My aim is to have a setup that is responsive and good for GTJ runs over weekends. I definitely do not want something laggy and designed for straight line speed.

2. As I understand it, the following supporting mods are required to support bigger hp:
a. bigger injectors (650cc)
b. bigger FMIC
c. metal gasket
d. fuel pump
e. fpr
f. bigger turbo
g. ECU

3. I do not know the difference between MAP and MAF tuning. This I need help from those who know in here. I understand that some ECU can only run MAP, some MAF, some both.

4. Also, the ECU needs to handle the bigger injectors, AFR, ignition timing, at least. I do not know of other parameters, thus I need help in this area.

Again, if anyone here has any experience with EMU, PFC, Haltech, (or others), do share it here if it is not too private.

I just want to know your experience with your respective ECU with the setup that you run. Perhaps from there, I can ask more question.

Hopefully, this thread will benefit those who are not as knowledgeable as me when it comes to ECU.

Thanks again.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
bloodred

if you can wait. perhap another one available since owner upgrading
but i not idea how much he selling

as pimpin say
comparison and feedback is pointless now
now it your budget and your requirement

perhap i can ask some simple question

plug and play ?
budget ?
need to traction control or launch control ?
need to built in boost control ?
need to connect to external display ?
need to run external coil ( MSD etc )

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
cmng,

Now we are getting somewhere. My answers:

1. PnP preferred, but not limited to, ie, piggy back also ok.
2. As stated, for now 3-4k for now. FYI, I am in no hurry to buy the ECU.
3. Traction control is a must. Hehehe. Launch control - tak mau.
4. No need to connect to external display.
5. No external coil needed.

Btw, why is it pointless to share experience on different ECU and setup? Shouldn't it benefit the forumers?

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Bloodred..
different people different requirement
and with feedback on ECU
you can come to some people swear by microtech and some people say it piece of shit
as well same with Haltech and Motec

for me
i can say PFC is piece of shit since it cannot meet my requirement but for other is best ECU for them

the word
traction control and budget 4k is limiting your choice already

it same like i want traction control, launch control, boost control , external coil , external display
so many ECU is out already

and i not yet come to ECU parameter and ECU control. that will make you more headache

shunjaka

Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Blood Red

You might look at vipec or link stand alone ecu. In term of cost, you can also look at NISTUNE.

For further details, go to "skyline australia" where there are many topics on each specification for ECU and anything regarding to skyline.

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
MAP sensors runs without any restrictions ..ecu running on MAF still relys on oem airflow ..which is pretty much restricted/safer..running ecu with MAP sensors requires spot on tuning as there is no safety net since the oem afm is removed.zero in what u want, future mods and the most important thing the tuner.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

safer bet get the PFC...since a lot of them has experience with it...doc should be able to help.as for me ill go with microtech lt 12 since the tuner is dear a friend of mine and has proven many times more then capable in tuning it.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Sincerely BR, I think E-Manage Blue with ur current Profec EBC is enough to get around 400hp with good selection of supporting mods in ur list.

I'm not going to say for u to go to GTAuto for tuning eventhough they can do E-Manage for u coz some might say I'm biased but as what I've told u and others again and again, do it with the tuner ur comfortable with.

'Comfortable with' does not mean u need to keep seeing the tuner forever as well. If u feel the tuners/shops does not meet ur requirements, then move on. It is not only about hear say reputation but also skill, customer/aftersales service and rapport with these tuners/shops with u as an individual by which u experience first hand.

MAF is basically using the air flow meter (AFM) by which has restrictions on the resulting power output limit, hence some will upgrade to RB26 or even Z32 which enables higher readings. I personally have MAP on both my SR20 and RB26.

So my advice is, u may use the E-Manage Blue as I was quoted somewhere like 1.8k for unit, harness, installation and tuning (other tuners might have similar prices) as the budget is limited.

Of course, best case scenario is to get a standalone ECU so that u won't have to think about piggyback ECU limitations once u want to go for higher HP.

Another thing, to make things easier try to find the best tuner/shop that ur comfortable with and then ask him the best way to go about ur target HP application and budget. I'm sure the tuner/shop will give u the option suitable for ur situation.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Black is one of the most difficult to deal with colour, difficult to maintain, to upkeep from scratches and also prone to lots of visible dirt and grime. We have with us today a Black Mercedes A250 Sport, one of the most hyped and wanted hot hatch in the market at the moment. We were given this special opportunity to fix up this ride...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience