Product Review : Forged Racing Radiator Coolant Super Series (Blue)

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

Forged Racing is a very new brand in Malaysia, where it sells mostly performance parts that deals with an engine cooling system. They have a wide range of ready made radiator kits for most cars out there. I've been given two bottles of each, Forged Racing Radiator Coolant Super Series (Blue) and X Super Series (Red) for reviewing purposes.

Introduction

Let me introduce the test bed that would be used for today's review. This is a 1995 Jeep Wrangler 2.5 YJ that has been in the family for years. This car is pretty low on the mileage and still runs pretty healthy. However, the radiator coolant is due for a change, so this is an awesome opportunity to test the coolant effectiveness and efficiency.

The Jeep Wrangler YJ was once famously known in most American movies and dramas, including Jurassic Park and Macgyver series. This car is a great descendant of the great old Willy's Jeep during World War II. Instantly, a easily recognisable classic that will be still known to this generation's youth. This vehicle is a very capable offroader and still very desirable in the current years due to it's off-road capability.

The Jeep Wrangler 2.5 is capable to put out a decent 120hp and 188Nm in power. The 2.5 L AMC 150 I4 is an 80's engine developed by the American Motor Company, before it got absorbed by Chrysler in the later stage.

Coolant swap

I've recorded the old coolant's temperature on the Jeep's temperature gauge and saw it pointing at a mark slightly above 40 Celcius on idle engine speed. So this is a great starting point to compare how efficient is the coolant.

So we proceed with draining the old radiator coolant to replace it with the new one. My mechanic crawls under the Jeep and takes out the radiator hole plug and drips the old coolant out

Look at the old coolant gushing out of the Jeep!

So we pour in the Forged Racing Radiator Coolant Super Series (Blue) into the Jeep's Radiator. We cranked the car and forced the excessive liquid to spill out from the radiator before putting back the cap on.

Verdict

After a few rounds around the neighbourhood, there was a slight drop on the temperature gauge. Car feels a bit smoother in my opinion, or it's just really an illusion to my mind. Anyways, it still feels good. For RM39.90 recommended retail price for the coolant, I think it's not a bad price to pay, considering some generic brands could cost up to RM30. I'm sure these coolants are worth the money to pay, even for the slight premium.

I'd definitely recommend you guys to try out the coolant and let me know about it. I hope it gives out positive experiences to you, as much as I had.

Thanks to Hing Loong Audio Car Accesories for the coolant change, their address is:

Hing Loong Audio Car Accessories Co
No. 280, Jln Gopeng
31350 Ipoh, Perak

AND Forged Racing Representative, Alan Tam

Forged Racing Showroom
64, Jalan PJS 11/7, Bandar Sunway
Petaling Jaya.

More photos of the Jeep's interior:

Attachments

Last edited:

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Walao eh pollute the environment la ! Why let your mech drain the coolant on the floor ?!!

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
I asked him that if it is proper to do so. He say's its only water inside, since he's already done so much of it, nothing much I can do. I guess I'd go to another mechanic!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Forged coolant... :biggrin: the brand + the name put together is so funnily misleading.. where is the "real" coolant then? Hehehe...

Two thumbs up for good stuff

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
ok address updated, but u can get the coolant from kakimotor, jc racing, naga motorsport, momentum, BKM, zest tuned and many other dealers, check then out.

Tan Tee Kuang

From Facebook
Mar 27, 2011
www.facebook.com
Something is not right, normal operating temperature for engine is around 85-90c.. not below that.. the 85c is maintained by thermostat no matter how good your coolant or how big your radiator is. if your's below than that, your engine won't work optimally, it will cause your engine to consume excessive fuel (internal parts such as pistons won't expand and fit properly inside it's bore), accelerated engine wear and deposits buildup. it's either somebody removed your thermostat or it's jammed open all the time.

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
as i said, idle temperature, not operating temperature, that means temperature at first warm up level. thats what i mean. ive started it up on a cold morning for a duration of 5 minutes, so u know

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Morning ZTHians...

Just to get some opinions and suggestion from everyone or those who had experienced such
accident before. Please share with us your experience, opinions or suggestions for the best
course of action when one is involve in an accident with a Motorcycle.

Firsty, let me share my part of story. I was driving at around Ampang area after meeting up
a friend at his new home. At that time, traffic was starting to increase. So, was jamming up
at this stretch at Ampang where it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience