Water temp gauge compare with original water temp meter...

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Hi guys,

Just want to know more on the water temp reading. Let's say our EG meter water temp is in the middle, so what is the reading on the after market water temp? 90 or 80 degrees?

EGfan

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
The water temp needle in the cluster is not accurate. The needle stays at the middle from 70 degrees onwards till 110 degrees at least...

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
The water temp needle in the cluster is not accurate. The needle stays at the middle from 70 degrees onwards till 110 degrees at least...
I see. But according to Spoon EK9 Limited Speedo Meter, it shows 80 or 90 degree (cant see it clearly below photo) is in the middle & 125 degree for the max. Anyone can confirm? Please refer below for the photo...

As my uncle's Gen 2 meter, in the middle of the water temp shows 90 degree. So if Spoon meter show 80 degree in the middle, which is correct?

Attachments

Last edited:

EGfan

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
I don't think its accurate to determine your temperature using the stock cluster. If you really want to know what temperature you are running, get an external water temp gauge. Peace of mind.
At least when you are running 10 degrees higher than usual, you can prepare yourself for something coming...

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
I don't think its accurate to determine your temperature using the stock cluster. If you really want to know what temperature you are running, get an external water temp gauge. Peace of mind.
At least when you are running 10 degrees higher than usual, you can prepare yourself for something coming...
I do have a water temp gauge. So if it's on 90 degree on the water temp gauge, where does it stands on the stock meter? is it above half? And also what's the max water temp reading which we cannot exceed?

stingg

Known Member
Sep 20, 2005
subang jaya
Just take the standard meter as a guideline. It is not linear so no point comparing. My datalog was showing 70 its already in middle 120 still in middle. Then it will suddenly jump very quickly to red 120+. In other words, once you see your cluster meter going up, your engine is really overheating and you better stop at the side of road to cool it down.

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Just take the standard meter as a guideline. It is not linear so no point comparing. My datalog was showing 70 its already in middle 120 still in middle. Then it will suddenly jump very quickly to red 120+. In other words, once you see your cluster meter going up, your engine is really overheating and you better stop at the side of road to cool it down.
Wow...Your engine can go up to 120 degrees? Someone told me water temp should not more than 105 degrees. Above that is already dangerous...:biggrin:

stingg

Known Member
Sep 20, 2005
subang jaya
Old engine, keep overheating. Kaput oredi. Found out the internal is a welded back block so changed to a new 1.

EGfan

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
I do have a water temp gauge. So if it's on 90 degree on the water temp gauge, where does it stands on the stock meter? is it above half? And also what's the max water temp reading which we cannot exceed?
If i remember correctly, the stock meter should show less than half.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, To those whom had DIY their own vertical door but do not have good, strong or longer lift absorber to lift up the door, by all means...pm me, thanx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience