Project Z Week 8 : Stripping work starts

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

This week's update is rather slow and late. I've been attending several events, which has chewed up most of my weekend. Nevertheless, I'm here to write up the latest update that has been done to the car. It's been 8 weeks since the project has started and I am still diligently looking around for sponsors.

At the moment, the car is being taken out apart, where the interiors, seats and anything inside the cabin of the car is taken out. We are thrilled to announce that, the car body has no cut-joint marks, which means this is not a cut-joint car (kereta potong). This would be great news to our guys at Playhouse Garage where they would disqualify trying to rebuild a cut-joint car, because it will not pass the Puspakom tests.

Here are photos of the interior being stripped. Door cards are taken out as well and the engine hood has been taken out to start dismantling the engine soon.

On the side notes, I've found really cheap door bezels, cabin lamp and reading/pilot lamps for the Z31 for a song. They were less than $10 USD each per item, although the shipping costs a little bit. I decided to buy them out of my own pocket since they were reasonable.

Check out for more updates in the coming week. If you still have sponsors who is willing to help out in this project, please refer them to me, by PM or email through konomini at gmail dot com

Attachments

kimoka

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
you bought a project car without determining if it wasn't a kereta potong?

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
it was only a hearsay from the seller. wont know if he was telling the truth till u strip the interior. plus theres always something called the consumers rights, if any shit happens, i have a written receipt from him.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
it was only a hearsay from the seller. wont know if he was telling the truth till u strip the interior. plus theres always something called the consumers rights, if any shit happens, i have a written receipt from him.
So the owner seller himself also said there's a possibility this car is a potong yet you went ahead and bought it anyway? Whoa.. that's pretty bold man.. Lot to loose especially now its been 8 weeks we've been following you. :driver:

t_danker

Known Member
Dec 6, 2005
SJ
[PIMPIN];1063586568 said:
So the owner seller himself also said there's a possibility this car is a potong yet you went ahead and bought it anyway? Whoa.. that's pretty bold man.. Lot to loose especially now its been 8 weeks we've been following you. :driver:

Bro, I think what Kevin meant was the seller already informed him that the car isn't a 'kereta potong'. It's just by word of mouth. He is just confirming what the seller told him by physically examining the car, only able to do by stripping it clean.

Cheers

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
haha u got it right t_danker, exactly what i meant

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
i think first thing you need is someone sponsor camera or do photography work for you
.....:biggrin:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
the photos were taken by our labour sponsors using a camera phone, you cant blame him. plus im located in perak, else id cover it with my own dslr

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru
Love to see the Z31's progress building up from time to time. Can't wait to see the final outcome of this locally-built supercar eater. Way to go!!

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
hehehe.. not yet go in Puspakom i presume..

don't wanna change owner's name?

:biggrin:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
yup u got me wkwoo69