BMW 1 Series M Coupe drifts through walls w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Automotive advertisements always seem to take things to the next level and BMW have just released a video of their 1 Series M Coupe lighting up its rear tyres every chance it gets before actually driving and drifting its way through cut outs in the walls that are just large enough to fit the coupe.

We would stand up and applaud if those walls were actually real because we doubt even BMW would trust any of their gifted drivers to perform the automotive equivalent of threading a needle. If it’s worth anything, the drifting part seems pretty real to us, except for when the car’s going through the wall with its tail kicked out.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lEvpnKRLDO4" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

Source: YouTube

rageaccel2

Known Member
Dec 22, 2010
Shah Alam
perhaps, they've killed several M1 in the process of making of this clip, given the walls were real.

fordrunger

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
KL
no way.

go to 1m 04s and you will see that there are drift marks underneath the wall from previous runs. you can also see them in the final drift.

the shade behind the walls is blacker than black out in the sun.. which never really happens.

i think the walls have been added on by a guy sitting in air-con room clicking away on a mouse and keyboard.

but what an awesome car eh? i want one..

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
anyway.....AWESOME car....BUT BUT,hehehhe..sumhow,i'm pretty sure alot of Saga BLM owners gonna make their ride look sumthg like dis.....side profile,both d M1 n Saga BLM really do look alike...hehehehe

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
quite a trick! yeah..

it is actually doable, but...never got it in a first try.

good one.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im running on a daihatsu L9 3 piston 660cc.. With a RHF4.. Any suggestion wat type/brand of fuel regulator n fuel pump should i use? Btw, im a newbie.. ;)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience