How to purchase a car for cash?

nic_83

Jun 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Good day to all. I am about to purchase a car. I've seen the car, checked by my dad's mechanic and all of us are happy to get the car. The problem is this. I am going to buy it for cash meaning no third party or bank or middleman or brokers involved.

The arrangement by the seller is such, i pay him a deposit and he'll give me a letter to state that he received money for the deposit. It will be written by himself and signed by him, me and 2 other witnesses with our names and NRIC numbers. Then, he will proceed to do the necessary things before transfer of ownership. However, he will only transfer the car to my name after I have made the full payment. Is this how it works? I am a bit worried that he might cheat me. He asked me to transfer the money into his account. Then, he will transfer the car into my name. He can do anything once he's got the money. Right?

His reason to why I should pay first is because he can't run away with the money as i can ask the bank to freeze his account if he does not transfer the name. Is it true? Then he said, if he transfers the car into my name first and I dont pay. There is nothing he can do because the car is already in my name.

I am just a little worried. I think it would be better if both can be done at the same time. Its a win-win situation that way. He is asking me to trust him but still....? U know anything can happen. So, it would be very helpful if i can hear some personal experiences as to how to go about it. What other payment modes are there that would be safe for me to use and also good for the seller?

Hope to get some good feedback from u guys here. Thanks a lot. Pardon me if i have posted this in the wrong section. I cant find any other sections to post this.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
I have no experience for this transaction.. but i've heard that people do like this :

The car need to go in PUSPAKOM 1st..

after inspection, get the relevant docs & go to JPJ.. this can be done by the current owner..

after the docs are complete.. u & the current owner need to go to JPJ to change name..

during that u can pay him the full amount.. no need deposit :biggrin:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
How much the price for the car... ?

you can both go to JPJ..and said later my friend will come and bring th money. Money arrive then change name. Don't tell him in advance who will bring the money.. who knows what will happen..

kimoka

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
Bank Draft at the ready la bro.
Guaranteed by the bank that the amount is ready for him to cash in.

nic_83

Jun 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
D7zul, the owner will do the inspection and get the insurance for me 1st. Then, I need to pay him the balance. Then only he will transfer the car into my name. I seriously dont dare to bring such a big amount of money to JPJ.

K_Takuya, the amount is too big and really risky for me or anyone to carry along. Btw, the amount is 70k+. I hope u understand. Its not that i am not taking your advice.

kimoka, I am a sis not bro. Hehe. Mind to explain how does this bank draft thing works? It sounds good but I need to know in detail to explain to the seller.

Thank you all.

Another thing i would like to ask is how long does this actually take. He told me to get it done will take a few days. Thanks.

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
no matter wat u do....wat i did the last time is i deal with him....hand me the car keys...then i online via cimb clicks using my laptop.....& transfer the money to the buyer.....he then checked his account to confirm the money is in then he signed all the related docs..K3 etc.....& then went off.....

bout puspakom & JPJ i proceeded myself.....

nic_83

Jun 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
DanzEterna, thanks for this info. Did you bring your laptop to JPJ, transfer the cash there and the seller checked there as well? Just another question for u: Internet banking can transfer without any limit?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
haha...i transfered the money at a bus stop in front of bank negara msia.....
get the seller to sign black & white docs.....if not he take your money & report to police his car is missing.......

i paid him 1/2 the money 1st.....(at the bus stop) then the balance once transfered name....all those deals has to be in black & white.

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
Ask a runner friend/car dealer to handle for you from Inspection till transfer.

Once the car pass the Puspakom and it is ok for transfer... then pay full upon collection of the car, make sure all transfer forms signed by seller (transfer is ok to be done later but must make sure you have the car)

Since you not sure what's the proper procedures/ documents needed it is better to ask a runner/dealer help you.

Not worth to spend that kinda of time to handle it yourself.

keevan

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
SumWhereInEarth
i think bank draf is ok..i did like that..ask him to sign all the documents at JPJ after bring the car to puspakom... once he signed i just pass the bank draf to him...so bank draf is 100% got cash..so both part satisfy...just beware it maybe a new scam tech...who knows..DTA...(Dont Trust Anyone)..before agree buying please check in PDRM and JPJ...

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Nic,

yep my suggestion is risky... bank draft or cheque should do the trick...

500 RPM
Jul 17, 2006
Im going to be buying a car soon also, so this topic is very informative !! thumbs up !!

Keevan: what do you mean by before buying, check with pdrm /jpj. for criminal cases, saman, etc?

civic9998

Known Member
Dec 17, 2006
I also thinking of this problem coz i also wanna buy a used Myvi by cash.
I think first we stanby a bank draft n go to JPJ with the car owner n let him see the bank draft n told him after success change name then will give to him the bank draft.Is that ok??

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Anda ingin memiliki kereta
Anda ada masalah untuk dapatkan pinjaman kereta.
Cyriss...Citos..Blacklist...
Jangan bimbang !!!!!
Kami ada meyediakan banyak pilihan kereta secara
SAMBUNG BAYAR.
Anda hanya perlu membayar wang pendahuluan (deposit )
tandatangani surat perjanjian sambung bayar
dan terus pandu balik kereta ......

CAMRY 2.0G 2009 AUTO, DEP RM35K bln RM1500
WISH 04/07 DEP RM25K BLN RM1400
HONDA ACCORD 3.0 03/04 DEP RM20K bln RM1500
GEN2 O4, DEP RM7.5K bln RM680
PERSONA 2007, DEP RM8K BLN RM660
ALZA 2010 DEP RM8K BLN RM650
KANCIL 2005 DEP RM4K BLN RM397
MYVI 2008 DEP RM8K BLN RM540
ISWARA 1.3 2004 DEP RM4K bln RM445
PERDANA V6 2004 DEP RM11K bln RM780
VIVA 850 M 08 DEP RM5K bln RM420
VIOS AUTO 1.5 2005 DEP RM 14K bln RM715
DLL.
p.s. selagi stok masih ada

Kancil, Kelisa, Viva, Kenari, Iswara, Wira...
Waja, Gen2, MyVi, Saga, Accord, Toyota...
BMW, Mercedes, Alphard, Wish, Estima..

MUDAH DAN SENANG.
Lokasi : BANGI....
Hubungi:AMIR 0102660577

BERHATI BERHATI !!!
JANGAN berurusan dgn
BROKER BROKER MAUT.
hanya berurusan dgn yang
PROFESSIONAL.

TIPS SUPAYA TIDAK TERTIPU DENGAN BROKER MAUT..
JANGAN SERAH WANG ANDA SEBELUM MELIHAT KERETA DAN DOKUMEN YANG LENGKAP.PASTIKAN SEGALA DOKUMEN LENGKAP SEPERTI.
FOTOKOPI GERAN KENDERAAN.FOTOKOPI K/P PEMILIK.BORONG K3 YANG TELAH DITANDTANGANI OLIH PEMILIK .SURAT AUTHORISATION UNTUK BERUSUSAN DENGAN PIHAK KEWANGAAN.RESIT PEMBAYARAN YANG TERAKHIR.
PASTIKAN NAMA DALAM GERAN KENDERAAN ADALAH SAMA DENGAN PEMILIKSEKIAN.
Your advice is much appreciated.

But please don't advertise here, do it in a different thread..in English please..

Thank you

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day to all ..

I need to know the suggested engine oil for Mivec 1.6 DOHC 4G92,
Recently me done with general service on timingbelt/water pump/spark plugs and so on..

So for the first time, i used HKS Semi Synthetic 10w 40 4liter engine oil. It suppose to run for 5000km but now its just 3500km ran and the oil stick sitting at 2nd bottom line..:banghead:

Current status:
Engine PnP
Iridium Spark plugs
2" Direct piping
HKS Semi Synthetic 10w 40

The engine oil pretty good though, made...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience