Should We Have Arms or Weapons In The Car To Protect Ourselves?

Should We Keep Weapons In The Car?

• Yes, to protect myself.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, we might hurt someone else or ourselves.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
DanzEterna - I don't know what they're intentions are and it could have been nothing. But I've just developed this mindset, I wouldn't call it paranoia, but security conscious. I always keep an eye on rear and side mirrors, if there's something suspicious then change lanes or pick-up speed or slow down etc and see if anyone mimics my actions.

I guess in this day and age, we all know someone who has had their security or privacy violated in some way - in fact we could have personally experienced it ourselves in the past. It's not that I assume the worst of people, but at the back of my mind I know what people are capable of. A good example is the acid splasher - what kind of sick, demented person does that? During our parents time, nobody even locked their doors now we have this to deal with. God knows how bad things can truly become in another 20-30 years.

fire extinguisher is fatal if inhaled.. but i doubt any1 would take a breath when sprayed with it.. hehe.. it would be a good multipurpose thingy in your car.. can replace pepper spray & help u when ur car on fire.. :biggrin: oh ya.. mine is a mini type suitable for car use..

about the cable tie, i think it's better to tie it in a shape of '8'.. tie 1 on 1 hand & connect the other one..

authorities using this type of cable tie.. :burnout:

Hahah yeah bro, I know what you meant. I just happened to have the small one usually we use for securing wires inside PC lah. Unless kena carjack by a praying mantis, don't think can use lah.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
torch light.. child's play.. pepper spray useless against motorcyclist rempits with full face.. baseball bat.. illegal..

best combination for battle..stick and shield..and completely legal and logical to have in the car.

elastic rubber hose?? protect you from what? rain ar? flexible enough for you to dance ballet like a girl? gotta be kidding me. rempit crash helmet will compress the rubber hose up your nose.

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Yes rubber hose .. not the normal type you use for gardening .. its the industrial grade .. gasoline hose .. like those petrol station ones but smaller diameter .. you wan try a few hits on your head ? :biggrin:

Btw, you know how hard is that hose ? thinking of compressing it ? LOL .. Teeth also can fly off if kena hit .. can shove it up your ass from the 1st opening to the 2nd opening .. vice versa ..

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
torch light.. child's play.. pepper spray useless against motorcyclist rempits with full face.. baseball bat.. illegal..

best combination for battle..stick and shield..and completely legal and logical to have in the car.

elastic rubber hose?? protect you from what? rain ar? flexible enough for you to dance ballet like a girl? gotta be kidding me. rempit crash helmet will compress the rubber hose up your nose.
the police told me that baseball bat is legal to keep in your car for safety reasons...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
the police told me that baseball bat is legal to keep in your car for safety reasons...
i doubt it will hold up in court... unless you do really play baseball. why give any chance of you being on the wrong side of the law when there's perfectly legal and safe alternatives as suggested? :)

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
i dont carry anything in my car. at times, i feel that a baseball bat or a baton is essential. we never know what could happen. better safe than sorry but do not misuse it la.

mrtwo

Known Member
Sep 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
as for me i do keep item to protect myself due to to past experience but the best way is like what pimpin says, be aware about our surroundings that would be the best bet . but if things turn ugly, its between u and him (her?)/them.. at that particular moment, to have somthing to protect urself is precious. a good 3 min bashing from them is good enough to land us in the hospital.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i doubt it will hold up in court... unless you do really play baseball. why give any chance of you being on the wrong side of the law when there's perfectly legal and safe alternatives as suggested? :)
I share your view on this. Say for example you're a golf or tennis player and usually play 3 times a week. You'd keep your equipment in your boot right? So unless you kept your baseball bat in the boot, which pretty much renders it useless in a time of emergency, how are you going to explain that the bat is not meant to serve as a weapon?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
mine is like this.. & it's extendable..

i think this is better than a baseball bat.. multipurpose & not questionable by any1 especially the cops..

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
as for me i do keep item to protect myself due to to past experience but the best way is like what pimpin says, be aware about our surroundings that would be the best bet . but if things turn ugly, its between u and him (her?)/them.. at that particular moment, to have somthing to protect urself is precious. a good 3 min bashing from them is good enough to land us in the hospital.
3 mins of bashing is good enough to end up in body bag bro.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
[PIMPIN];1063541203 said:
Good to see that we have a weapons expert here on ZTH.
I'm not a weapons expert. I'm just more exposed to firearms than the average Malaysian. I had easy access to them when I was living in Australia. Back then, depending on which state in Australia, you can buy a longarm (rifle, shotgun) off the counter once you reach adulthood (usually defined as 21 years old if I remember correctly). Many of my friends there were former highschool mates whose family were farmers / sheep graziers. We are talking about farms of hundreds acres each. So in our spare time, we did lots of shooting, hunting, pest control etc. Some of the Australian outback critters were little more than dumb target practice....animals like possums, kangaroos etc. But we had to shoot them all the same because if their numbers were left unchecked they caused massive damage and erosion to the land. One of my mates even threaded the barrel of his .22 LR and made a silencer for it. It's the weirdest, eerie feeling being down range against a silenced .22 LR. You don't hear the firearm discharge but you hear the sonic crack from the bullet as it goes past. When he swtiched to sub-velocity rounds, you don't hear anything except the 'thud' when the bullet hits the embankment. Needless to say the rifle was presighted to ensure true aim and we some ways off to one side of the line of fire.....just to feel what it's like to be against a silencer :)

[PIMPIN];1063541203 said:
I do shoot from time to time although not in Malaysian ranges. If you own land over a certain acreage like an orchard etc, you can apply for a license and we do have .22 rifles at our dusuns. And since I'm from Perlis, its only a matter of crossing into Thailand and you can pay to shoot at the gun clubs there. Usually, I shoot the Sig P226 although they have some interesting guns you can try out but even in a less regulated country like Thailand the gun range is not like in the movies.
.22 rimfires are staple for most recreational shooting. Puny little round but fun to clean out small pests and casual shooting. I normally use CCI Stingers with mine. Just don't buy any of those Eastern Bloc Czechoslovakia shit no matter how cheap....I had several misfires and jams when I used that Czech crap in a Ruger 10/22. CCI Stingers Hypervelocity or any of the standard velocity rounds from makers like Federal, Winchester, Remington will be good enough.

P226 :- good gun. Reliable and accurate. 15 +1 rounds. 2 more spare mags makes 46 rounds on tap. A bit fat around the grip for many women and men with small hands.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

use it for safety, to protect your/our families, not to mug other ppl.
If something does happen, your word against them. If the other side gets smart-lip they are going to say you came at them with a baseball bat.

You will of course say you did not and that you were defending yourself.

Then some smarta$$ lawyer from the other side will start asking you if you regularly carry a baseball bat in your vehicle and for what purpose, etc etc. He's going to put a reasonable doubt on your story and paint you as a premeditated trouble seeker.

So, your word against them. And that's when it starts getting messy. Trust me. I have been in several court cases and I know there are good lawyers out there, but also plenty more who are nothing more than scoundrels willing to rent themselves to questionable clients just to get a share of the winnings.

And I never, ever take legal advice from any cop, especially Malaysian cops. The level of IQ that gets attracted into law enforcement in this country is not exactly inspiring. You can assume they are not well-equipped to know what they are talking about. Look at MACC...supposedly one of the cream divisions ....trained by Hong Kong's ICAC....and look at their performance lately in high profile cases.

When legal advice involves your livelihood and freedom seek a better opinion from someone qualified....find a good lawyer and ask him/her......not some cop manning a desk and who is looking at the clock waiting for his shift to end.

Best option if you can still manage it is to stay in your car and drive straight to a police station.

And get security tint. It's not so expensive. It should hold the glass up long enough for an escape. Surprisingly the front glass in many cars is not as strong as you think. I'm not a big guy. I'm about 5' 9", 75 kilos, but a few sharp punches bare knuckle (pounding using the fleshy lower palm side in a hammer motion) and you can easily crack and hole the front windscreen on your typical Proton. I was so surprised by this, I think it is prudent that the much weaker side glass ought to be security tinted because that's where most attacks will be coming from.....they approach you from the blind side.....rarely from the front.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
FVel said:
I'm not a weapons expert. I'm just more exposed to firearms than the average Malaysian. I had easy access to them when I was living in Australia. Back then, depending on which state in Australia, you can buy a longarm (rifle, shotgun) off the counter once you reach adulthood (usually defined as 21 years old if I remember correctly). Many of my friends there were former highschool mates whose family were farmers / sheep graziers. We are talking about farms of hundreds acres each. So in our spare time, we did lots of shooting, hunting, pest control etc. Some of the Australian outback critters were little more than dumb target practice....animals like possums, kangaroos etc. But we had to shoot them all the same because if their numbers were left unchecked they caused massive damage and erosion to the land. One of my mates even threaded the barrel of his .22 LR and made a silencer for it. It's the weirdest, eerie feeling being down range against a silenced .22 LR. You don't hear the firearm discharge but you hear the sonic crack from the bullet as it goes past. When he swtiched to sub-velocity rounds, you don't hear anything except the 'thud' when the bullet hits the embankment. Needless to say the rifle was presighted to ensure true aim and we some ways off to one side of the line of fire.....just to feel what it's like to be against a silencer :)

.22 rimfires are staple for most recreational shooting. Puny little round but fun to clean out small pests and casual shooting. I normally use CCI Stingers with mine. Just don't buy any of those Eastern Bloc Czechoslovakia shit no matter how cheap....I had several misfires and jams when I used that Czech crap in a Ruger 10/22. CCI Stingers Hypervelocity or any of the standard velocity rounds from makers like Federal, Winchester, Remington will be good enough.

P226 :- good gun. Reliable and accurate. 15 +1 rounds. 2 more spare mags makes 46 rounds on tap. A bit fat around the grip for many women and men with small hands.
Yeah, I'm not exactly the smallest guy around nor do I have small hands. It's a wonder I even fit in the bucket seat of my car to be honest. Generally, I shoot just for fun once in awhile. Not particularly serious and definitely nowhere near as exposed as you are. I spent my time (and all my money!) in Australia on cars to be honest.

So far I've yet to experience jamming with the P226, but I don't shoot alone without supervision. Since I venture into Thailand to indulge occasionally, I'm usually accompanied by at least 1-2 of our security guys themselves former paratroopers. In fact, I'll post a picture of the shooting club sticker where I tend to go shooting in Thailand.

Right now, I'm currently interested in archery but don't quite know where to go and how to start on a regular basis near where I live (D'sara Heights). The place I first tried it is much too far from where I'm located and outdoors - would rather start indoors before progressing to outdoor archery and dealing with winds conditions, etc.

FVel said:
If something does happen, your word against them. If the other side gets smart-lip they are going to say you came at them with a baseball bat.

You will of course say you did not and that you were defending yourself.

Then some smarta$$ lawyer from the other side will start asking you if you regularly carry a baseball bat in your vehicle and for what purpose, etc etc. He's going to put a reasonable doubt on your story and paint you as a premeditated trouble seeker.

So, your word against them. And that's when it starts getting messy. Trust me. I have been in several court cases and I know there are good lawyers out there, but also plenty more who are nothing more than scoundrels willing to rent themselves to questionable clients just to get a share of the winnings.
As I've pointed out earlier, there is a difference carrying sporting equipment that doubles up as weapons in the actual car itself as opposed to the boot of the car where one might expect to find them. Like you said, premeditation can be argued and often quite successfully. Having parents both of whom are very very senior lawyers, my Dad in fact specialized in criminal law having been called to the bar in the late '60s and '70s before changing careers so I've heard some stories. Still hear stories from time to time from relatives up in Bukit Aman and former bodyguards now reassigned back to Bukit Aman since my Dad's retirement.

FVel said:
And I never, ever take legal advice from any cop, especially Malaysian cops. The level of IQ that gets attracted into law enforcement in this country is not exactly inspiring. You can assume they are not well-equipped to know what they are talking about. Look at MACC...supposedly one of the cream divisions ....trained by Hong Kong's ICAC....and look at their performance lately in high profile cases.

When legal advice involves your livelihood and freedom seek a better opinion from someone qualified....find a good lawyer and ask him/her......not some cop manning a desk and who is looking at the clock waiting for his shift to end.
Actually, a lot of the cops in Bukit Aman especially do have post-graduate degrees ranging from law to forensic accounting, etc and not from local universities either. However, since you've mentioned the case of MACC - they do conduct investigations but they do not have powers of prosecution. They can only pass on all evidence, etc to AG's chambers and that's where the 'selective prosecution' tends to happen.

But I agree with you on having the best legal representation possible. If possible, have a regular lawyer or one on retainer (although this is terribly expensive in some cases) but that's dependent on how often you utilize them. You may have a general lawyer for all family affairs but when it comes to civil suits, etc your lawyer may get someone else to try the case. We've done it before, using different lawyers for different types of legal work.

FVel said:
And get security tint. It's not so expensive. It should hold the glass up long enough for an escape. Surprisingly the front glass in many cars is not as strong as you think. I'm not a big guy. I'm about 5' 9", 75 kilos, but a few sharp punches bare knuckle (pounding using the fleshy lower palm side in a hammer motion) and you can easily crack and hole the front windscreen on your typical Proton. I was so surprised by this, I think it is prudent that the much weaker side glass ought to be security tinted because that's where most attacks will be coming from.....they approach you from the blind side.....rarely from the front.
Yes, security tint is an option. I agree it may not be the solution but every bit helps and every second does help. For those who can afford it, its worth having but don't go for the cheapest one available if possible.

mafia_staff

Known Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
I just carry a can of Ridsect spray inside my car and a lighter.. enough to scare people with the flash fire from the spray.. and enough to keep people a distance from me because of heat.. sometimes I use it to scare people who cut que from left lane.. woooossshhhhh..