Privacy Glass - Rear windscreen and Triangle - any issues?

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
guys,

been noticing that there's a lot of Skylines on the road that are having dark/tinted/privacy glass... was wondering, any issues u guys have with authorities, especially with JPJ?

original privacy glass owners especially, any issues or problems?

kindly share

Aug 12, 2010
BATU PAHAT
guys,

been noticing that there's a lot of Skylines on the road that are having dark/tinted/privacy glass... was wondering, any issues u guys have with authorities, especially with JPJ?

original privacy glass owners especially, any issues or problems?

kindly share

my s15 also originally dark triangle and rear windscreen....still can pass thru jpj r/block easily....but tomorrow.....dont know la...:itsme:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Well if you need the clear ones. I have spares. :P

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Usually no problems, seems to be more of a Puspakom issue when registering or transferring owners. Road blocks usually have a purpose, if its a HID operation then they focus on that etc. If its for tinted glass then you might get an overzealous officer but be polite and its not like they don't know a lot of cars from Japan come with the dark glass.

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
last time my JDM Stream kena the roadblock n they told me to remove all the dark glasses even the rear n side quarter....they said it's dangerous and can cause accident...don't ask me how, they made that rules...i can't figure out till this day how can tinted quarter glass can cause accident....

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
last time my JDM Stream kena the roadblock n they told me to remove all the dark glasses even the rear n side quarter....they said it's dangerous and can cause accident...don't ask me how, they made that rules...i can't figure out till this day how can tinted quarter glass can cause accident....
Unlucky I guess. Its not like the officers don't know the cars come like that. But they can exercise their own discretion and sometimes we get the wrong guy.

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
If your ride is low and the car in front of you is having a heavily tinted rear screen, you are not able to 'see through' this car to see the traffic condition up front to avoid accident, e.g. emergency braking by the car in front of the one with heavy tinted rear screen..

You get a better chance to avoid accident if you are able to see the traffic a few cars ahead, not just the car directly in front of you.

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
for me i have no problems with the privacy glass, i always tell them its original and they'll just let me go. however i have a hard time explaining the exhaust though.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
for me i have no problems with the privacy glass, i always tell them its original and they'll just let me go. however i have a hard time explaining the exhaust though.
I think this privacy glass is usually something that Puspakom Wangsa Maju there will find fault with especially right? Like other places easier for them to accept the explanation perhaps?

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
If your ride is low and the car in front of you is having a heavily tinted rear screen, you are not able to 'see through' this car to see the traffic condition up front to avoid accident, e.g. emergency braking by the car in front of the one with heavy tinted rear screen..

You get a better chance to avoid accident if you are able to see the traffic a few cars ahead, not just the car directly in front of you.
i can understand and accept that for the rear screen....but the side triangle (between the passenger window n rear screen)?...i can't even see that glass from the driver's rearview mirror.....

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i can understand and accept that for the rear screen....but the side triangle (between the passenger window n rear screen)?...i can't even see that glass from the driver's rearview mirror.....
I thought JPJ last time taught us how to follow behind vehicles using the 1001, 1002, 1003 counting technique? So in that case, redundant lah their argument right? Argue sikit lah hahah

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
[PIMPIN] said:
I think this privacy glass is usually something that Puspakom Wangsa Maju there will find fault with especially right? Like other places easier for them to accept the explanation perhaps?
No issues with wangsa maju puspakom, the last skyline I sent there was 2004 I think they just put a device on the triangle glass then drove through the bengkel without even testing it and got a pass lol. My problem is with roadblocks, "exhaust besar bang"

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
No issues with wangsa maju puspakom, the last skyline I sent there was 2004 I think they just put a device on the triangle glass then drove through the bengkel without even testing it and got a pass lol. My problem is with roadblocks, "exhaust besar bang"
I honestly don't know. I've bought and sold two cars with privacy glass, semi slicks etc and they were done at Wangsa Maju. No hassles but seems some cars needed to swap glass temporarily etc even though they went to Wangsa Maju as well. Dunno lah.

I've never gone through JPJ roadblocks in any modified car ever to be honest. Touch wood. Hell, bang the wood! :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Automotive strobe lights.
They have always been seen on cars everyone feels annoyed and disgusted to look at. These owners usually locate these little flashers right where the third brake lights are, the reverse lights, under the rear bumper, on the dashboard and so on. Fortunately, they have all long been extinct.

Trends and taste

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience