Driven: Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 pt 1

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Ten days of restlessness. That was the sort of anticipation I had to endure; counting down the days before I finally got the chance to go up and personal with a LP560. We had initially made arrangements to have the shoot on a Saturday evening, so when Mr. Z called me on Thursday to ask if we could reschedule to Friday, I agreed.

We started the shoot at the basement of a car park, and for the first time, I let me eyes roam free on all the lines and angles of the LP560...

...and my, what a profile it had! And the noise! Like a menacing gruff, about to rip my head out! As it stands, the standard LP560 is already faster than a previous gen Superleggera and F430 Scuderia. Pretty clear that this baby Lambo is no slouch, then.

Basking in the glorious sound of the V10, we decided to move on ahead to our next location in Putrajaya. And then it hit me... in my sheer excitement, I'd forgotten to bring my tripod along(!!). Pictures are a little dark, but I hope you enjoy them:

We also attempted some panning shots along the Putrajaya bridge. A rather memorable moment because a big bunch of motorcyclists were parked at the side, cheering us on. Like them, I was very glad the LP560 was out to play. When I last took pics of the F599 GTO, I was pretty excited. This however, brought it to a whole different level altogether. Right after we wrapped up the pictures came the moment when I could finally land my grubby paws behind the wheel of the Gallardo.

Quick tutorial on how to change gears - flick both paddles to engage 'N', press 'R' on the far right side of the dashboard just below the air-cond vents to reverse out the parking lot. Flick both paddles again to re-engage 'N', then once more on the right paddles to put it in Auto... and off we went!

I took it slow as we were exiting Putrajaya as I wanted to familiarize myself with the machine. As we inched closer towards the MEX highway exit, I gained more confidence and Mr. Z egged me on.

"No need to brake around the corners, man... just foot off the accelerator, steer, then back on the gas".

Which is exactly what I did... and boy was I surprised. The LP560 was taut, precise, and incredibly easy to maneuver. Blasting past the MEX toll, I planted my foot down and only dared to hit speeds of between 160 to 170... miles per hour. The most amazing thing was how much it didn't feel fast. I travel on this highway on a daily basis, and until that night, I'd never traveled the distance faster before. In almost 10 minutes, I had reached the second exit, onto the Federal highway, hooking onto the Kerinchi link heading to Bukit Damansara area.

As we approached the toll, Mr. Z told me to stop the car, and plant my foot in the throttle.

"You have to feel the torque from a 0-100 sprint, man."

And goddamn... what a sensation it was. Braking was just as enjoyable as sprinting; stamping down on the brakes makes the V10 in the rear emit a low growl as it downshifts, giving the impression that it's not happy having to slow down. Whew!

So what are my thoughts on the LP560?

Well, the interior is a little cramped... I'm not exactly a big guy (at 5'10) but the cockpit was just right. And there was very little space between the pedals. Ceramics also do not have very much initial bite, and requires some actual stamping around to get them to work, although they really work well once you get the hang of it. 5.2 V10, 552hp @ 8000rpm and 0-100 in 3.7 secs... hella fast even when the keys aren't in the ignition. Driving the LP560 was effortless, and thoroughly enjoyable. Whilst the V10 is actually quite noisy, I doubt any owner would complain (although neighbours would be an altogether different story!).

We weren't entirely happy with the results of the pictures, so who knows... there might be a part 2 to this episode. Let's see how things pan out...

Attachments

Last edited:

eejart

Known Member
Feb 2, 2006
mind sharing wat camera/lens/lighting equipment was used?

Last edited:

spec-c

1,500 RPM
May 21, 2008
TTDi
nice write up bro!

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the comments, folks :)

@eejart: I use a Canon 550D with a Tamron 1750 F/2.8; first three shots were however taken with a 85mm F/1.8 lens that was on loan. Also on loan was a 430EX. Unfortunately, I do not own much equipment, although I am now contemplating a 50mm F/1.8!

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
damnit i hate episodes! :bawling:

more on part 2?

more pics man!

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
i sell my 50/1.8 mk1 to you. lol
listen, if u got the budget, go for the 1.4 instead 1.8
if u insist getting the 1.8, try to get the mk1 version
but i think its rather hard for u to reach mk1.

even better if u can afford the 85/1.2L II!
u should see what that can do with car photography...

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Nah; budget doesn't permit me to get the mk1, especially at the sort of price it is still going for these days. Not sure if I should 'invest' so heavily, especially when I do not yet have a 'steady' stream of pictures :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just found a new type of high quality car mat, it's moulded and direct fit. The most impressive thing is its patented bottom layer, prevent every car mats in the car (front & rear) from sliding. Hygienic & easy cleaning car mat! It's available at major car accessories dealers in Malaysia.

YouTube - CAR MAT: MATE MAXPIDER MAT patented hygienic, easy cleaning & anti-sliding technology

:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience