Experience on 3SGE Beams on AE111

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
ae101 is by nature a tail happy car at higher speeds (meaning faster than u would drive in a housing area)
make the front heavier ... and the tail becomes even more happy (relatively speaking)
but ....
in tight/sudden corners the front will give way (at housing area speeds) ... this is almost true for for most cars ... it is even more true for a head heavy car
Bro... How can an FF be tail happy unless you tune it to be? You nave any chassis bars? Because FF and factory tuned to gently induce understeer at the limit.

when u go from 90kmh into a 90degree corner and drop to 1st gear or maybe not and take the corner at the max speed u dare ... u will see what i mean by heavy front understeer devil compared to stock (lighter) front (all using the same suspension setup la)
And bro... No offense... But I think 90km/h drop to first gear does not make sense. 2nd gear ok la... Even if you are at 40km/h drop to first gear your eyes will want to pop out already and the engine screams shit!!!! :burnout:

Last edited:

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
when u go from 90kmh into a 90degree corner and drop to 1st gear
:adore::adore::adore:

while everybody stresses on the performance of this BEAMS REDTOP .. i had it in my ae101 when the kedai potong ppl oso does not know what it is
:adore::adore::adore:

Truly sifu & champion...:adore::adore:

Sifu ar, if you use 4A set up suspension for the heavier 3S...sure die one, sure understeer like hell lor. You also said mar, standard-standard also tail happy already, some more now front heavy, no need to say lor.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Veloc,

Bro... How can an FR be tail happy unless you tune it to be? You nave any chassis bars? Because FR and factory tuned to gently induce understeer at the limit.
FYI, AE101 = FF :biggrin:

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
FYI, AE101 = FF :biggrin:
Hahahah.... Sorry sorry... Yes I mean to say FF> Dream about FR too much dy... My point is, FF is factory tuned to understeer gently at the limit. Unless one tunes the chassis by stiffening the back a lot, it won't oversteer. And even if the chassis is tuned, I wouldn't say it will be "tail happy". It will be just oversteer biased! "Tail happy" is a big word! It refers to car like fairlady, silvia, AE86!

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
FR - tail happy = drift
FF - tail happy = uncontrolable rear end... due to powerful engine dragging the rear

:biggrin:

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Hahahah.... Sorry sorry... Yes I mean to say FF> Dream about FR too much dy... My point is, FF is factory tuned to understeer gently at the limit. Unless one tunes the chassis by stiffening the back a lot, it won't oversteer. And even if the chassis is tuned, I wouldn't say it will be "tail happy". It will be just oversteer biased! "Tail happy" is a big word! It refers to car like fairlady, silvia, AE86!
No worries, bro. I knew it was a typo, just pulling yr legs.

I can't comment much because I didn't use the Beams "when the kedai potong ppl oso does not know what it is". When I use that time, the kedai potong already knew what it is, I guess that's why they didn't give me the halfcut free of charge. I have also never tried nor dare to drop to 1st gear entering a 90 degree turn at 90 km/h.

I have much to learn. So I'll just shut my mouth & hope to learn more from all the sifu-sifus here, Veloc.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

FF - tail happy = uncontrolable rear end... due to powerful engine dragging the rear
See what I mean ? Damn deep la, I can't catch up with what that means la wei...:hmmmm:

Sifu, slowly la, newbies like me cannot catch up. I thought FF = powerful engine dragging the front mar, no ?:hmmmm:

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam

I can't comment much because I didn't use the Beams "when the kedai potong ppl oso does not know what it is". When I use that time, the kedai potong already knew what it is, I guess that's why they didn't give me the halfcut free of charge. I have also never tried nor dare to drop to 1st gear entering a 90 degree turn at 90 km/h.

I have much to learn. So I'll just shut my mouth & hope to learn more from all the sifu-sifus here, Veloc.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

See what I mean ? Damn deep la, I can't catch up with what that means la wei...:hmmmm:

Sifu, slowly la, newbies like me cannot catch up. I thought FF = powerful engine dragging the front mar, no ?:hmmmm:

FF = powerful engine 'spinning' the front tyre & 'dragging' the rear tyre..

hope that helps

:driver:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
all in all ... i was very happy with the BEAMS in an AE101 .. good FC .. good performance and very very reliable (even with power drop there is NO LEAKS or MAKAN MINYAK HITAM)

NVR doubt on toyota engines

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

LOL! Hahahaha... Nice one...

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

d7zul,

O don't FF can drag the rear la... The rear is free rolling, thus it will follow. Unless one deliberately lock up the rear... Then that is different story :biggrin:. Because FF is safety biased.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Just to comment something. So far, AFAIK, there are only 2 beams (red top) on different chassis user here.

Since we're here to seek opinion and feedback frm the owner or someone who had done that, we shall either openly receive feedback or opinions.

If we dont agree, shall reply in manners and constructive way or just keep quiet n do on your own to prove yourself rite . Rather then sarcastic way. Else in no time, there wont be anyone sharing anymore.

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
Bro... How can an FF be tail happy unless you tune it to be? You nave any chassis bars? Because FF and factory tuned to gently induce understeer at the limit.

And bro... No offense... But I think 90km/h drop to first gear does not make sense. 2nd gear ok la... Even if you are at 40km/h drop to first gear your eyes will want to pop out already and the engine screams shit!!!! :burnout:
at 90kmh ... u are near or at the rev cut limit of the BEAMS in 2nd gear
release throttle to slow car down rapidly while taping brakes
then jam/lock the brakes at around 40-50kmh ... clutch and shift to 1st
dump clutch and power up in 1st

as for the tail happy part ... if u drive at 80kmh ... dont have to be super fast oso
go into a turn and try to maintain speed ... hit the brakes a little to slow car down at some point in the corner to TRY and maintain control
i dont think it will it will understeer ... unless u are in a straight ... that one everything oso understeer ... hehehehe

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

NVR doubt on toyota engines
actually 4A 3S 1J 2J family made by yamaha for toyota

my 2A damm kow sucks .. rev rev rev ... next thing u know lose compression and needs to be minor overhauled

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Just to comment something. So far, AFAIK, there are only 2 beams (red top) on different chassis user here.

Since we're here to seek opinion and feedback frm the owner or someone who had done that, we shall either openly receive feedback or opinions.

If we dont agree, shall reply in manners and constructive way or just keep quiet n do on your own to prove yourself rite . Rather then sarcastic way. Else in no time, there wont be anyone sharing anymore.
C'mon, man. It's ok to brag but it's not ok to be sarcastic. Not fair la, like that wei...:laugh:

Please do not be offended as that is the beauty of being M'sians. Everyone has a different opinion or way of doing things but we're all 1M'sia.

Last edited:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Ok. Yamaha rocks...

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
my beams halfcut sold & it is going into ae101 corolla soon....

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Keep us update how the car perform Tom's.

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
actually i tested sifu Qiw car last time.....hahaha.....on highway they r much better than 4A....bigger cc higher torque.....its all about torque.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any different between IAFM & CPS after install the turbo kit...? coz my fren ask me to convert my IAFM to CPS 1st, then only install the turbo kit...if like tat will cost me over 10k oredy...pls help help...:adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience