Car left wheel occasional whirring sound especially when braking

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
Hey guys!

Wanna check with u sifu's out there if you can help me out on the potential problems from my situation:

Car Left front wheel emits a whirring to an almost high pitch squeeling sound (like metal against metal) some times while cruising, but mostly when I hit the brakes gradually.

Could it be my car's wheel bearings worned? If not, what are the other possible problems? Btw, I drive a Honda City Vtec 05.

Thanks guys!

Cheers

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Hey guys!

Wanna check with u sifu's out there if you can help me out on the potential problems from my situation:

Car Left front wheel emits a whirring to an almost high pitch squeeling sound (like metal against metal) some times while cruising, but mostly when I hit the brakes gradually.

Could it be my car's wheel bearings worned? If not, what are the other possible problems? Btw, I drive a Honda City Vtec 05.

Thanks guys!

Cheers
im guessing worn out brake pads or brake pads about to habis
that was the problem with my car when i was experiencing the same symptoms as you
but you mentioned it happens when cruising as well :hmmm:

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
hi kumar, thx for the reply mate! btw, how worned were yr brake pads then wen u experienced the sound? totally habis or still left certain %?

hm, i did check my brake pads d last time i did my tires servicing about 2 months back, seemed fine...changed it last year. Could it be something stuck in between the caliper and pads?

Thanks!

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hi kumar, thx for the reply mate! btw, how worned were yr brake pads then wen u experienced the sound? totally habis or still left certain %?

hm, i did check my brake pads d last time i did my tires servicing about 2 months back, seemed fine...changed it last year. Could it be something stuck in between the caliper and pads?

Thanks!
mine was not completely worn but still left a small %
are the noises everytime your brake or only sometimes when you brake??

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Yeah... if only during braking should be brake pads worn. The pin screeching against the disc already... Normally it will start to sound when there's still a little left. Not fully worn...

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
hm, it gets louder wen i press the brakes, but not everytime...:hmmmm2:
some times it while cruising, the noise will just come, then i press the brakes, d noise gets louder, but when i jam it, it some times stops (noise).

its getting more frequent now...

if go to the shop, just ask them to check? any good mechs to recommend? i alwiz balik honda la...but takut kena chop chop

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hm, it gets louder wen i press the brakes, but not everytime...:hmmmm2:
some times it while cruising, the noise will just come, then i press the brakes, d noise gets louder, but when i jam it, it some times stops (noise).

its getting more frequent now...

if go to the shop, just ask them to check? any good mechs to recommend? i alwiz balik honda la...but takut kena chop chop
just send it back to honda for a check first i dont think you need to do it right away right??
then you can post back here what they discovered

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
sounds like sumthing loose..

go check it out

:biggrin:

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
yikes! actually yea, i tot of sending it to Honda this weekend. but i have to travel to melaka...so mebe i check at Honda der. i wen to the tire shop to check, they insist it's brake pads...smor all 4 corners. so i ordered brake pads oredi...js change first lo.

i hope it's not more than that. btw, Honda js check will charge or not ar?

Thx

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
OK Guys! problem solved. Changed all 4 brake pads as they were worned. Thanks to all who helped! Hope this can prove useful to new readers

Cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just days after word came that Nissan is working on a small coupe, a mysterious prototype has been spotted in and around the automaker’s facilities at the Nürburgring in Germany.

While the body of the prototype above screams 350Z, look closely, and substantial alterations seem to support the notion that this is not a next-generation Zed car, but rather a new, smaller model...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience