Camshaft Explaination !

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
Hi Guys !!
Anyone here Install Aftermarket Camshaft without Change Valve Spring ??
And.. It Is MUCH DIFFERENT Horsepower Compare with stock camshaft ??
Please Share It !
Thanks !! :biggrin:

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
hi bro. i changed mine without change the valve spring but i just use regrind camshaft from matspeed. from dyno i managed to get 10 whp increase ( might differ, depends on engine) in my NA engine.

If your camshaft lift is higher than stock ones, i suggest you to go for harder valve spring so you can avoid valve float. Valve float is one of the reason which can cause decrease in high rpm power.

just my 2cents.

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
hi bro. i changed mine without change the valve spring but i just use regrind camshaft from matspeed. from dyno i managed to get 10 whp increase ( might differ, depends on engine) in my NA engine.

If your camshaft lift is higher than stock ones, i suggest you to go for harder valve spring so you can avoid valve float. Valve float is one of the reason which can cause decrease in high rpm power.

just my 2cents.
Thanks for replying !
My car is Turboed .. and plan to using piper cam 272...
For example : If I install the camshaft.. I wont rev over my motor.. I'll still stick with original rev which is 7.8k rpm... Hope stock valve spring can hold it !
Coz.. I dont want to change valve spring... just buy camshaft and drop in ! :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have been using Titans on my corolla ae101 blacktop for about 6 months now and at first it was very choppy at med to high speeds (80-180) so went for a re-valve. Ride improved from 80-120 but still quite choppy at 130-180 (over dipping and rising road patterns in cyberjaya and Kesas from subang to klang). the faster i go, the choppier it gets. It's also bouncy at speeds up to 60 (e.g. certain roads like asbestos roof pattern). Above 60 the bounciness reduces.

So I am wondering if Titan...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience