Can you get extra grip by installing huge GT wing at the front??

Does installing a front GT wing really work for normal car

• Yes, it add up some needed grip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it only add up weight

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Norsaiful Zaidi

From Facebook
Aug 20, 2010
www.facebook.com
Did you ever see the insane Chris Rado time attack car, Kognition Design has install not one BUT TWO GT wings: one at the front and one at the rear
Base on Mike Mishler from Kognition Design, he say the idea of installing front GT wing came from F1 car (cause F1 car also have two wings)
I know the front wings work effectively a F1 car, but does it work on normal car
I hope all the ZTH sifu out there know the advantage of installing a massive GT wing at front bumper :adore:

Attachments

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Haha... If such a serious race car uses it, there should be a real effect. But, the problem is, is it practical in everyday driving. Imagine, going up shopping mall carpark, bumps, potholes, Difficult to estimate the space in front when parking, subjected to vandalism by curious people... And it will make jpj people at the roadblock go WTF!?!?!

jiusan

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
the design principal of the front wing is to push the wind to the bonnet exactly by not letting the wave touch the bumpers which reduces drag , although not to zero .

and due to some racing rules and regulations ,
they just cannot take that Chris Rado time attack car and make the front sharp like a rocket to reduce drag or lift ...so hence the wing on front ...
like adding a lip on the front bumpers of what the 1960's-80's race car did ...
this 1 just did it the next level ...that's all

its not even 1% effective for a road car ... for mr beng application ... it would be 1000% effective of course ...
such wing will even make ur car slower , so more hp to waste ...

zmays

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
for normal car, i think carnard and splitter is more than enough to generate downforce.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

the design principal of the front wing is to push the wind to the bonnet exactly by not letting the wave touch the bumpers which reduces drag , although not to zero .
i think other than reducing drag on the hood and bumper, the front wing also will create downforce. but maybe instead of creating a usefull downforce, that front wing actually will create a too much downforce that require more engine power to run the car.

ZeroDet

Known Member
May 21, 2009
KL
do u watch mythbusters??

make ur car surface like golf ball reduce drag n also save fuel.....

wanna try?

Norsaiful Zaidi

From Facebook
Aug 20, 2010
www.facebook.com
For F1 car can cause they low
But for a time attack car who have nearly same height with normal car, does the wings work?

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
logically yes..but reality have to tested with data.

go for a wind tunnel aerodynamic test. as being used by companies testing their aerofoils. that should prove it.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
GT wing adds downforce.. but it's not suitable for everyday use..

mayb u can consider wing like this Toyota Celica

on top of the hood

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I am planning to apply a thin carpet in my door cut pocket.

Initially I was thinking to use double sided tape but after checking the material of the carpet is cotton, I am having the idea to apply glue.

Now, my question is, where can I get odorless glue which suitable for such application.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience