timing belt effect

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
blue smoke indicate that there an oil leak,maybe somewhere in the turbo,if u have a turbo powered car,or the piston ring is faulty.
another thing,my eg used to a leak on the head cover,oil is flooding in the spark plug area.just unplug the coil and see whether there oil covering up the rubber.
check ur oil filter,whether it is tighten or not.
did u already put surat khabar lame under ur engine?whats the result?

haki

Known Member
Mar 13, 2011
Kelantan
blue smoke indicate that there an oil leak,maybe somewhere in the turbo,if u have a turbo powered car,or the piston ring is faulty.
another thing,my eg used to a leak on the head cover,oil is flooding in the spark plug area.just unplug the coil and see whether there oil covering up the rubber.
check ur oil filter,whether it is tighten or not.
did u already put surat khabar lame under ur engine?whats the result?
i check no oil under my engine i saw during engine oil replacement..got little engine oil on my spark plug..if this happen usually cos by what and what need to repair to solve it?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
can u please clarify the source of the oil leak? please check around the head gasket area, its a tad lower then the plugs' area sir, tq

haki

Known Member
Mar 13, 2011
Kelantan
no sir, there is no leaking around the head gasket..but when i last service my car and change spark plug there are small amount of engine oil on the spark plug head..could you please enlighten me what are the effect if this happen how to solve it..thanks..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
if oil is visible in the plugs area, usually the oil seal for the plugs' holes are faulty, changing dat shud solve the problem. but the thing is, u shudnt lose too much oil if dat does happen.

what oil are u using? and from where did u get it?

haki

Known Member
Mar 13, 2011
Kelantan
im using castrol semi syn...i change at shop ask them to service and change engine oil..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
if there isnt any oil leak anywhere, or the sum leaked out isnt dat much, its either the mechanic didnt pour in sufficient amount, or the engine oil evaporated at a high rate. i doubt it was the first, looking at the second one makes me think of counterfit engine oil. counterfit oil are made outta diesel fuel mostly, which shud explain y the oil evaporate excessively. fyi, engine oil was blended so d flashpoint is high, to catter for the hi temperature of modern engines

get an engine oil from trusted places, like petrol stations, and see if it solves dis problem. i dont think most mechanics know how to differenciate the original engine oil from the ciplak ones

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
even the distrobutors dnt know how sir, they only know after rigorous tests have been done to each bottle. u definitely cant tell by the container, maybe if u know the smell den u'll have sum idea on which is which. but, nobody will give u the opportunity to open each container and smell imo

get any engine oil from trusted places like a large petrol station, shell lubes are easy to source out in ur case

mrpilot

Known Member
Mar 11, 2009
my case last month. crekkk sound when accelerating and @ certain rpm when i maintain the paddle. suspect from head.it is.. then try to inspect, cant see any problem. then try change another head. still have sound. bla bla bla...change oil pump. sound dissapear. but no oil missing. might be your pomen did not put enough oil. if timing belt lari ur car will feel like shit. just open upper timing belt cover and passenger side tire. and see the marking on cam pulley and crank pulley to inspect.

haki

Known Member
Mar 13, 2011
Kelantan
news update...after few days, and yup there are oil on the floor at my car porch..there is leaking at the engine.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
okie den, dat shud explain the excessive oil decrease. can u source out from where its leaking? there may be more then a source fyi

fairy

500 RPM
Aug 24, 2007
dear haki.. you might wanna check timing oil seals.. might be a leeak from there.. usually hidden cos covered.. but if you are driving a b or h series engine, there tend to be oil consumption due to valve seals.. just my sleepy two cents.. good luck..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, I just installed a piggyback ECU KKT 32 compact on my MG3 with K20 plug coil. There're 3 modes for you to play: Normal Mode (Mode-1), Anti-lag Mode (Mode-2) and Launch Mode (Mode-3)

My car already modified with MaxRacing Air Intake, extractor and resonator plus muffler.

So when I switch to Mode-2 which can pop and bang during 4,000rpm, I will feel a little chocking, something like the fuel didn't come very smooth and causing
"coughing"on my car. I understand that during anti-lag...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience