R3 Satria Neo is as fiery as its colour code

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Overall the car is not really that bad at all. The focus here is the drive, not those fancy EL meters or dash its better that you focus on the road rather than your dash. I think that's the direction of R3. I find that R3 is following the cue of Lotus and I don't find Lotus car's interior nice as well. For the seats and steering. It's different view for everyone. One man's meat is another man's poison.

For the engine part, I think R3 here is trying to emphasis on a reliable and drivable daily car and the usual spirited drive and track days. No use if you have a 200hp car but breaks down more often than a Saga and guzzle fuel like a monster. I believe R3 has the capable to throw in a Turbo kit anytime but it might make the engine less reliable and more parts need to be strengthen in order to take the extra load.

I think most NA lovers will like the free revving nature and linear power delivery of NA with just the movement of their toes. 145hp might seems lacking to us power crazy people but its a good start at least. Just like how the AE86, not much hp but light weight and a good platform to sharpen your driving skill.

I think the R3 Neo is a good platform to horn a person's driving skill, not much driver's aid and fancy gadgets and electronics. Just pure driving.

For me, I would recommend R3 to further reduce the weight of the car and do more strengthening on the chassis then only more on the engine. I prefer a car that handles like a go kart although not that much power rather than a car which has monster figures but handles like a wobbly boat.

Just my 2 cents.
Solute dude.... i'm at the same line with you.... cheers... :proud:

Oct 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
"recommend R3 to further reduce the weight of the car and do more strengthening on the chassis then only more on the engine. I prefer a car that handles like a go kart although not that much power rather than a car which has monster figures but handles like a wobbly boat".
- agreed with Titan Rev..for people outside..just think about it..it's useless if u throw a big HP engine in "monster wannabe" car but lack of chasis strength..

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
i think 145 bhp + close ratio gb on this little hatch are quite awesome. apart from that, the handling parts are tuned by R3 so i guess this hatch can tackle corners like any other performance car in the same class segment. after all, you can never go wrong when it comes to R3.

built by enthusiast for enthusiast.

ae92r

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
Nice story u post here bro....
For me, the car is quite nice to see from the picture provided....
But its lots of R3 identification....such as R3 own logo to replace the proton logo.....
They can embaded R3 logo in meters.....R3 on the seat.....R3 on the steering.....the simple plate at gear column aint gonna make the owner feel they are RARE species of neo.....just my opinion

Last edited:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
Overall?it's a good car w a very reasonable asking price......love those seats n since they managed 2 make it lower,dat'll b AWESOME coz head clearance issue in d garden variety Neo is really a huge issue in my list!n ONLY -ve comment i haf 4 dis car is d choice of interior kaler..specificaly d Fiery Red theme on d dashboard + gear console....looks weird...like it has already faded...or prolly pic is not doing it justice..hafta c d real deal in flesh b4 i can comment further...
summary:thumbs up 4 d R3 boys!

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
i think they put 200hp engine also people still not satisfied lol. Then they'll compare to TYPE-R dah pulak. Anyway, great write up & great pictures. I drive a neo, and id love to have these goddies in here and to what bro CSL said, i kinda disagree, i still would take this baby anyday. i only got about 125hp on my car and thats fast for me :D, 145hp would be amazing.

Anyway, this shows an improvement for proton on the performance side mainly cause CF hood comes as optional xD. Love this ride, too bad bought my neo too early :/

My view

Exterior: Great, although i think theres too much R3 badging

Interior: Would have prefered some Recaro Seats, I was gonna colour my dash blue is all the same ares lol. Gear knob looks abit cap ayam. indash tv with GPS is GREAT!. The fibre on the steering wheel not really doing it justice but love the red line. Would have been nicer if the meters got a facelift.

Performance: No complaints...

Last edited:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
I would prefer a SNeo with a R3 badge that looks like a half track car. Maintain the AC, dash board, floor mat and rear seats, with certified roll cage, got coilover and at least slotted brake rotors, and the car is legal on the road. Now they just made the car looks like a 'luxury version' of SNeo. Don't tell me what R3 have is just the metal badge, intake box and bumper splitter. I belip the Sneo body can handle far more than the little 145hp.

Race-Rally-Research, where? The whole thing for me is just like chin chai throw a package come out so that some people can put the accessories cost into loan in stead of use cash money to mod the car. If say it is a GTi or Platinum lane then ok. With the name of R3, they should not settle for something that meant for novice or amateur. If they keep on doing things like this and unable to build the professional racing image, they will end up only a proton specific racing accessories shop.

Take it or not is not my concern. I just want R3 people to know that, to earn long term money, 1st you must win race, then start make some real racing parts. Once the name strong enough, then expand the coverage. This R3 SNeo may generate some income. But it is with the expense of your image. Now you need to spend at least double money and time to get back what suppose to be. Like those days, putting something with R3 logo is kind of proud. But after this SNeo, R3? better put M7 or works engineering.

I thought R3 started from proton and can use proton's relationship with mitsubishi and 1 day can make something big come out and make all malaysian proud of it. Maybe I'm too optimistic on Malaysians' professionalism.

For its supporters, I have no mean for saying that you are amateurs or bad taste people. My purpose is just to wake up someone from R3.

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
It's such a nice car. I love R3 since Satria R3 was produced and also Satria GTi first generation. Basic problem is it's still Proton's Car with lack of quality and favourite for thieves.

Would you like to drive a nice, good, and powerfull car and later on get stolen?

But after all, GTi and R3 still there in my heart..

Known Member
Jun 9, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
em... for info...
satria neo had won and become the champion in 2008 class B MME 12 hours race...

Last edited:

Notoriez

Mar 27, 2006
Engine - 170-180hp Turbo kit + management +tuning package = RM7k

Interior - Replica Bride carbon seats = RM2k+ a pair, leather wrap (including dashboard) = RM3k

Sound proof = RM650 for 4 doors

Glass Tint = RM1k

Wheels - 17" lightweight taiwan model with good tires = RM3k

Bodykit - Full set with painting = RM1.5k

Exhaust - Full set (banana included in the turbo kit so not count) = RM600+

Suspension - coilover = RM2k

Sound system - RM3k can get 7" touch screen + amp + speakers.

Misc - gear knob, brake pad, slotted disk rotors = RM1k

Total up the price will be about the same, which you want?
BOT is not reliable...

I rather drive a properly built N/A car or a proper turbo engine.

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
for what i understand from the car test, the ohlins n AP racing is too over for SNeo.

semangka

Aug 14, 2010
Miri & Bintulu
serious buyers in s'wak can only dream of it - reliable info stated they won't ship it to s'wak.

should've allocated at least few units for the s'wak market la. :hmmmm:

ericwing

Known Member
May 4, 2010
johor
this price,i prefer to buy old SILVIA S15 or SKYLINE GTT....
so sorry work hard again..Proton.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
79k is way below s15 or gtt market price boss

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, I would like to ask is there any workshop which can provide good quality of car service in Butterworth area as I'm new here. I need to find a place to service my car.

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience