World Time Attack Challenge 2011 teased w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Last year’s World Time Attack Challenge at Sydney, Australia, was the first of its kind in the world and turned out to be a huge success as it pitted some of the top time attack cars from around the world against each other.

The Cyber Evo, piloted by Tarzan Yamada, claimed victory with a time of 1:30:58 at the Eastern Creek Raceway to blow away the opposition and a few other lap records in the process, most notably the Australian V8 Supercars lap record on the same circuit.

This year’s edition of the challenge, set to be held over the 5-6 August weekend, is shaping up to be quite a spectacular affair with more cars joining the fray, including the Scorch Racing Nissan Silvia S15 and the Hankook Carbon Subaru Impreza WRX STI. Expect some of the previous year’s entries to be returning for a shot at glory once again as well such as the Cusco/ZeroSport Impreza and the PanSpeed Mazda RX-7.

The organisers are also working on inviting some time attack cars from the UK this time around to truly make it a ‘world’ affair. Just imagine the tension if the Cyber Evo was going head-to-head with Roger Clarke Motorsport’s Gobstopper on the timesheets.

A new addition to the itinerary this year is the International Drift Challenge that will pit some of the best drifters from around the world against each other. Kiwi ‘Mad’ Mike Whiddet and his four-rotor RX-7 are already confirmed for the drift event along with Aussie champ Beau Yates and New Zealand’s top drifter Gaz Whiter.

Check out the videos below of the teaser for the 2011 edition as well as one of the Cyber Evo’s hot laps from the 2010 event and another video of the Hankook Carbon Impreza undergoing testing at Wakefield circuit.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8vPn0kwzTdM" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tWobQh_tNMU" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I7SqxhuqJI0" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Source: YouTube and World Time Attack Challenge

Attachments

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
why is there no type-r in the lineup? :slug:
BECAUSE according 2 YOU,Mr.Smartypants....Type R will NEVER b able 2 compete against those AWD Turbocharged MONSTERS wat,right?

SO,d NEXT question IS,whn is ur AWD Monster gonna b available 4 a battle w my ol skool CRX in SIC?or u belum/mampu beli lagi?

affiq

Known Member
Sep 6, 2007
why is there no type-r in the lineup? :slug:
why ur avatar still that ej??? change lah to ur AWD moster that u were gonna beat all of the ricer type rs with..drawing also can lah...

redridinghood86

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
aiyo, takkan lah back down again, i thought this guy at least have some dignity to come back to shoot us here, but i guess, cheap shooting is his forte....BE A MAN! DO THE RIGHT THING!

oh ya, I did see a J's Racing DC5 there in the video, was it not a Type R? Or just some RICER in there to look see look see.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

why ur avatar still that ej??? change lah to ur AWD moster that u were gonna beat all of the ricer type rs with..drawing also can lah...
WAKAKAKAKAKAKAKKAKA, Drawing~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone know how much the price of matte color ? any paint shop cheaper in selangor area? thank you!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience