• Honda CR-Z

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Hybrids for me, ever

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
The SA told me that the Lexus's battery will cost RM13k TODAY. Hopefully as time goes by, it will be cheaper. I was there during the media release and they informed to the media that thay have not had a single battery problem/replacement over the 10 years the Prius has been around.
Wow, that's not exactly true, is it bro? If they never had to replace a Prius battery, then there won't be a cottage-industry of rebuilding Prius batteries:

Prius Hybrid Battery Rebuild

It's a battery. It will expire.

What they are telling the media probably meant that they never had to replace a battery B-E-F-O-R-E the warranty expiry date. If warranty 8 years, then it meant that they never had to replace a 7.5 year old battery.

After warranty expiry date? Of course replace lar.

Now the catch in Malaysia is the majority of us buy cars with loan. Some up to 9 years loan repayment. So for example: If Prius owners want to sell their 6 year old Prius, they need to slash some RM13k off their car's price.

Why? Because the N-E-X-T owner needs to replace the battery.

So there goes the second hand value.

Last edited:

neokenzo

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
PJ
Wow, that's not exactly true, is it bro? If they never had to replace a Prius battery, then there won't be a cottage-industry of rebuilding Prius batteries:

Prius Hybrid Battery Rebuild

It's a battery. It will expire.

What they are telling the media probably meant that they never had to replace a battery B-E-F-O-R-E the warranty expiry date. If warranty 8 years, then it meant that they never had to replace a 7.5 year old battery.

After warranty expiry date? Of course replace lar.

Now the catch in Malaysia is the majority of us buy cars with loan. Some up to 9 years loan repayment. So for example: If Prius owners want to sell their 6 year old Prius, they need to slash some RM13k off their car's price.

Why? Because the N-E-X-T owner needs to replace the battery.

So there goes the second hand value.
Thats what they guy said during the press release. I dont know whether its true or not. He also said that the battery was build to last as long as the car. Anyone else who went to the press release can confirm this?

i wonder what segment is this lexus belongs to.. civic or accord size type?
I think neither. If I am not mistaken, its trying to compete with the Audi A3 segment.

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Thats what they guy said during the press release. I dont know whether its true or not. He also said that the battery was build to last as long as the car. Anyone else who went to the press release can confirm this?
I'm sure you heard it right, just that it's not the right thing.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi :)

Just wanted to know if any Swift owners hav had the same prob and how to get it fixed?
Send the car to service centre n they said the "resistance" is high, prob is with airbag's ecu...
And to change that, cost RM2320 for a piece of airbag ecu :banghead:

Anyone sifus can gimme some advice ere? Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience