The issue on HICAS

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
HICAS does screw up ur fun if u intentionally want the tail to come out. But of course, there is only so much angle that HICAS can do (5 deg or sumthing) so it is still possible to slide the back with HICAS still functioning.

From my short experience of having a non-HICAS and a HICAS-equipped Nissan, the system is good to have but not essential. With HICAS (and ATTESA) cornering speeds are higher, while without HICAS cars with RWD will easily get their tail out.

People say HICAS will make cornering unpredictable etc, but seriously how often do people take the cars on the edge at the track? The only thing that appeals for me to remove the system is the weight saving.. 20-30kgs is a lot of dieting.. far cheaper than getting dry carbon body panels.. :rofl:

If u decide to remove the system, just be careful in the wet :biggrin:

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
quite difference with HICAS and with out hicas, cornering alot easier and feel safer, but then again how many drivers push there cars to the limit and still enjoy the control at the limits.. for average drivers, do keep the HICAS... another is make sure ur tyre OD all same to make sure the electronics n traction control is in optimum operation, mis reading from sencors can cause HICAS to mal function

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
HICAS does screw up ur fun if u intentionally want the tail to come out. But of course, there is only so much angle that HICAS can do (5 deg or sumthing) so it is still possible to slide the back with HICAS still functioning.

From my short experience of having a non-HICAS and a HICAS-equipped Nissan, the system is good to have but not essential. With HICAS (and ATTESA) cornering speeds are higher, while without HICAS cars with RWD will easily get their tail out.

People say HICAS will make cornering unpredictable etc, but seriously how often do people take the cars on the edge at the track? The only thing that appeals for me to remove the system is the weight saving.. 20-30kgs is a lot of dieting.. far cheaper than getting dry carbon body panels.. :rofl:

If u decide to remove the system, just be careful in the wet :biggrin:
HICAS max is 1 deg IIRC.

Anyways, you've pretty much summed up my POV in your post. Unless it's a proper track/race car I don't see the point in removing the HICAS. I guess if I do venture down the psycho hardcore path then I'd feel differently.

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
the reason of oem is becouse skylines are nose heavy. so u dont really want the car to be tail happy. once u counter weight each corner of the car, the car feels more balance.. thats why the HICAS is removed on most of track cars in event of GT500, jpn GT, even group A and N is removed, le mans etc

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
I`m having bad experience with HICAS.... almost make me bang on GTJY rail~
HICAS correcting each my steering counter hence make it difficult to tame....
Maybe only me~ i know got people drifted with HICAS on too...hehe

cynicks

Known Member
Feb 29, 2004
PJ
Ok,

I'm really sitting on the fence right now, should I take out or not take out ? I don't drive the car to the extreme... sayang mah... hahahahah... while we are discussing this, the HICAS lit up yesterday night while on having a leisure drive again...

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
i think u should bring ur car for diagnostics and having checked.. since u have it and driving on daily basis

cynicks

Known Member
Feb 29, 2004
PJ
No, I don't drive it on a daily basis :) But yes, I will get the car diagnosed. Will not drive it until I found the right fluid to top up the Hicas reservoir.

Any advise on which fluid I shoulld buy ?

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
HICAS makes the car less prone to oversteer when driven near limit by adjusting rear toe to reduce tyre slip angle. For the average driver, it should be left on, as not all can react quick enough to an oversteer situation.

For hardcore GTR drivers, it should be removed, as it tends to counter your countersteer when the tail starts to get happy, and in most situation will cause the tail to snap when the ATTESA kicks in.

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
HICAS makes the car less prone to oversteer when driven near limit by adjusting rear toe to reduce tyre slip angle. For the average driver, it should be left on, as not all can react quick enough to an oversteer situation.

For hardcore GTR drivers, it should be removed, as it tends to counter your countersteer when the tail starts to get happy, and in most situation will cause the tail to snap when the ATTESA kicks in.

well said by our skyline sifoo..

ahle@

1,000 RPM
Jan 13, 2004
malaysia
it's it a good idea/safe way to remove the HICAS by change to non HICAS sub-frame?

ahle@

1,000 RPM
Jan 13, 2004
malaysia
if i change the rear sub frame to non HICAS sub frame,what i need to do for the power steering pump?do i need to change it to non HICAS power steering pump?any issue on front power steering?will it become heavy?...

thanks!!

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
if i change the rear sub frame to non HICAS sub frame,what i need to do for the power steering pump?do i need to change it to non HICAS power steering pump?any issue on front power steering?will it become heavy?...

thanks!!
Erm.. What has rear subframe got to do with power steering?

IMHO just put in HICAS cancel bar lor..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Lets have some good news in this forum instead, this guy got his BMW back but lost a 100K in cash and posessions. I guess this shows the effectiveness of tracking alarms like Captor and V.guard.

Source: http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,97792,00.html?

THE robbers got away with some RM70,000 ($31,675) in cash after robbing a 29-year-old bachelor at his Simpang Empat home in Alor Star yesterday.

But they didn't get far with his BMW 5-series, reported...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience