how to DIY wira meter panel?? help

da2shawn

Known Member
Apr 10, 2006
i need help on DIY-ing my wira metel panel.

i tot of changing the meter light which mine originally is green wanna change to red. wat i read from other thread is change led colours for example they use coloured led condoms, but some said jz p-n-p diff led color, even some said have to solder it. then i oso read no need to chang led juz change meter dial with diff color if not still same color although change diff led color oledi. can anyone with experience explain to me the how is it to be done really???

sumemore, tot of carbon fiber the background meter. do i need to take out the needle in order to stick carbon fiber sticker?? becoz they said the needle so sensitive can pecah anytime..then takut if the meter needle when plug back the reading 'lari oledi'. or is there meter dial with carbon fiber background. plz teach me??

calling all diy sifusss, need help...someone lack of knowledge here :burnout:

Last edited:

dreamsquall

Known Member
Aug 9, 2007
no need solder one just plug n play but changing only the bulbs wont get bright enough light
for example
ori meter with green light u change to blue bulbs, ur meter will be blue as well but dim

ikan_laga

Known Member
Aug 19, 2006
Penang
just change the bulb to whatever color u like..there are plenty type of bulb/led suit it..there are two type of bulb..the big one for light up your meter, i think got 5 or 6 of it and the small one is for your indicator light..but change the small one wont be any changes since the color produced is determined by the green(signal), orange (engine check etc) and red (other indicator) panel..

to put sticker/carbon fiber the meter panel, just stick it..don't take out the needle..it is very sensitive..even you must be pretty damn cautious to those needle in whatever you do..

da2shawn

Known Member
Apr 10, 2006
ic2, so the big and small led both jz plug n play or not?? but my meter dial is oso green color. i dunno either the led or the meter dial makes it green.

ikan_laga

Known Member
Aug 19, 2006
Penang
its plug and play..oic..the green colour is coming from your meter board(the one got wording,numbers,kmh)..the bulb is still dimm yellow colour(just like ordinary toilet bulb colour)..so the light from your yellow colour bulb goes thru your meter board(green), so produce green light ler..simple as that..so by changing the bulb colour wont happen anything..like mine,i just remove the meter board, so its transparent..you can look thru and see the wiring/screw inside..and you can put whatever bulb colour u like..however there is also meter board sold at accessory shop with LED..but so expensive and i think it unwise to buy it..

Last edited:

da2shawn

Known Member
Apr 10, 2006
not nice la if bogel can see thru. i know got sell meter board with light call sumthing El Metel Dial and yup very2 not worth it. so need to buy simple meter board with diff wording coloring lor.. got sell meh?? anyone custom the board b4???

dune

Oct 6, 2007
HI there,

Not sure if these will help u? If your meter is green colour maybe u can change to different bulp colour
, so u would not get the Green colour maa. Its like water colour , u mix the base colour and u will get
different colour. Its like Blue + Yellow = Green , Red + Yellow = Orange.

Huhuhu.. but i have not try it yet.. Just give u my piece of mind..

:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While Formula One and the American motorsports public generally never met eye to eye, due mostly to the lack of overtaking that they’re accustomed to in NASCAR, that’s all about to change with the new Formula One track to be laid out in Austin, Texas. And from a quick glance, it’s definitely whetting the appetite.

The race promoter, Tavo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience