Honda President confirms NSX successor based on HSV-010 back on

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The roller coaster storyline that is the successor to Honda’s acclaimed NSX is once again climbing high as Honda’s President, Takanobu Ito, has confirmed that the project is back on and will be based on the HSV-010GT racecar campaigned in Super GT.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

By developing a street legal version of the racecar, Honda will be bowing to the gentlemen’s agreement of the Super GT series, that is to have a race and street legal version of a given nameplate contested in the series.

Details on the street legal version are still scarce as engineers dust off the covers on the halted project. No word yet on motivation as the racecar uses a 3.4-liter V8 pushing out over 500hp and 392Nm of torque.

“I think Honda should respect the history of the Super GT competition (as a stock-car race),” said Ito, who also hinted at an affordable, smaller sports car that could follow the street legal HSV.

“There are two types of sports cars, affordable and high-performance. I hope we will be able to market both”, he added.

Source: Asahi

Attachments

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
My dream car is back ~

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
ow gosh wat a statement:hmmmm:
naturally aspirated k20a type R still be considered 'ricer',i'm really shock:adore::adore:
wish i could get one of this car,but wait till the price drop :burnout:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
Well,in all honestly,not everybody will view a Type R as a sports car(except mayb for d NSX-R)......but it's definitely a performance oriented car n d best dat d factory can offer whc is street legal......now,abt rice,well......usuall it's those who CAN'T afford a genuine Type R dat'll label 'em as rice..but watta heck?rice is nice mah?advertisement oso got say lor!hahahaah......

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Bravo Honda! Now this a true sports car, not the ricer Type R Civic.. :biggrin:
yes perhaps the civic type r is not a pure sports car... but ricer? gosh you must be joking right?

it will really make my day if you could enlighten us what have made you come to that conclusion.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
HABIS!!!anoda GENUINE Type R Civic oredy come in!die die die!hahahahahahhaha

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
NOW,I'm offended....*hmmppphhhh*....ahhahaha
i wonder wat will they name d NSX successor?

Over Boost - Motorsports

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Oct 11, 2010
Bandar Sunway
www.overboost-motorsports.com
haha good one!

I think ricer is label more to how they mod and destroyed the car. And type-R is definitely not the ricer type of car, its the kind of car where its still smart for a business or gentleman to drive around and can still go traveling distance without ear drums being blocked

continental_drifter

Known Member
Feb 25, 2005
Ricer pun ricer la,like akuma said rice is nice.

Thank god at least he even gave us to eat rice compare to other 3rd world countries.

And thank god he even gave us the opportunity to own a genuine the so called "ricer" CTR :)

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Ricer pun ricer la,like akuma said rice is nice.

Thank god at least he even gave us to eat rice compare to other 3rd world countries.

And thank god he even gave us the opportunity to own a genuine the so called "ricer" CTR :)
LOL!!

and your 'ricer' CTR can clock 2.42 at sepang without speed cut remove!! or was it 2.41?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Apparently, quite a number of lady motorists are already regularly using Tufoil in their engines. There is a group of them who works for a multi-national company and who have been using Tufoil without a break for 8 years.

We are on part have received private messages from ladies who are all very concerned about their 4 wheels and their peak upkeep. Syabas!!

Hence we in this column, would like to invite lady motorists to share their views on the use of Tufoil in their engines.Rgds.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience