Cost of changing to B16A

necromancer4502

Jan 21, 2011
Kelantan
I have a Civic EJ6 with D16A engine, with close to 400,000 km mileage. at this moment, i'm thinking to upgrade this Civic heart to B16A, since i don't enjoy D16A at all due to loss of power and the time spent of this engine.

my question is, currently, how much is B16A halfcut in EK4 body? i once ask a workshop in my hometown, and they want 8k to swap the engine, and they will take care all the process. is it cheap or not?

what adjustable that i can used for this car? the workshop offer me Koni adjustable for 1.5k, but i think, it cost to much. hope u guys can help this newbie, tq bro

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
if its an EK4 manual + installation = rm8k, its damn bloody cheap. the eg6/9 halfcut alone goes for around 7.5k or so. u need to explain more on the "take care all the process" part. its very vague.

there's more than just buying the halfcut and putting it into your engine bay. there's the replacement of wear/tear parts (probably additional 1k to be safe), JPJ registration, exhaust pipings.... that's all i can think of atm..

koni adjustable for 1.5k? expensive? i dont think so. also depending on the condition and which model. good adjustables are expensive. u dont expect to cheap things to last do u?

necromancer4502

Jan 21, 2011
Kelantan
from what i can remember, its an auto EK4, not the manual one. based on what the workshop says, the cost of 8k will cover the transfer of engine, the replacements parts (oils, gasket, etc), Puspakom inspection, JPJ registration and warranty for 2 weeks. the downside is, i have to part ways with my D16A engine (but i think it is blessing in disguise coz i have no idea what the heck i want to use with the engine)

i say Koni is expensive because when i see thread selling Koni adjustable for EK, most of the below 1.5k range. i dont want to get duped by the workshop. and if its more than 1.5k, i sure will pay for its since its a Koni

(what do u think about engine that has a life span about 15 years and 400,000km mileage?is Honda engine is so durable?)

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I have a Civic EJ6 with D16A engine, with close to 400,000 km mileage. at this moment, i'm thinking to upgrade this Civic heart to B16A, since i don't enjoy D16A at all due to loss of power and the time spent of this engine.

my question is, currently, how much is B16A halfcut in EK4 body? i once ask a workshop in my hometown, and they want 8k to swap the engine, and they will take care all the process. is it cheap or not?

what adjustable that i can used for this car? the workshop offer me Koni adjustable for 1.5k, but i think, it cost to much. hope u guys can help this newbie, tq bro
Yo, kelantan guy.. here also kelantan person. 8K considered ok for prices now. I'm based in Tanah Merah, so want to TT, come come.. :P
My B series is 300K mileage already :P

necromancer4502

Jan 21, 2011
Kelantan
any suggestion about my question? do u know any workshop that sell B16a auto below 8k? i just want to use auto only

tt where?let me change the engine first, then we go tt, ha..ha, ok

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
wah.. no need to be shy.. I also started with D16..

Well, I'm heading to KB tommorow, pickup some of my stuff at the pengkalan chepa shell station. go drop by there, there's a workshop there you can see a white EG with GT wings and canards with mugen mf10 wheels parked there. I'll be there around evening. See you there. Won't be online and at the shop till tommorow evening so just drop by. There's also some other honda kakis there you you can talk too. Everyone has to start somewhere, and afaik, those guys not sombong lah.. some just ride motorbike only because KB roads not so nice to drive with racing clutch at peak hours.. lol.

There's also the KelHOC group what.. don't know anyone from KelHOC? They should know plenty of shops that might be able to fit your budget.

You should be able to identify my car at first sight.. it's the ugliest and most worn out looking one. ha ha. After seeing my car, you'll feel good about yours.. :P < not kidding about this part. lol. still haven't got time to get my car painted, almost one year already.. ROFL.

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
You give me too much credit la. All stuff I learn and tested also thanks to kelantan honda owners who discuss their common problems with me, sometimes allowing me to tinker with their stuff. I also can't buy all the car mod parts out there, but i try when i am able. I bought my hondata when it was really expensive, and a lot of other stuff too. I'll admit that some of my part choices aren't the best, and there are wasted efforts, but it's all part of learning.

Best way to pick up more information and test out things is by joining a group like a car club whether official or not. There's probably a member who did a mod you never tried.

But always double check any info you get. I'm also human and occasionally make mistakes also, so that's why if not clear, ask back, or seek more info from other people. What you know I may not know, so let's share what we tested and found as working or not.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
credit is only given to those who deserves it! aside of your knowledge, u are kind enough to share and help others, which is what i respect most about it.

unfortunately, most ppl wont share their knowledge unless they get something in return. that's just human nature.

Bryant Wang

From Facebook
Dec 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
Thanks arrowhead. I'm sharing because people share their knowledge with me as well.

BTW necro, where are you? I'm at the shop now, hanging around for an hour more, then I'm leaving.. kinda busy before CNY, a lot of work to be done before CNY.

Edit: gah, this is shiro here, forgot to log out my friend's account again.

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Ah, logged out. Necro, don't worry too much lah.. come minum2 enough, not going to racun you or anything :). If you convert somewhere else also ok.. just come, we go TT.

necromancer4502

Jan 21, 2011
Kelantan
sorry bro, dont have time yesterday. i want to come, but cant come. maybe we can meet some other time?weekend maybe?

racun?ha..ha. just want to get your advise what should i do to convert my ride, and not lost info or something

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
rm8k just for the engine cut? price including labour, replace wear and tear, assuming they will register with jpj etc,.. if no body parts, maybe can nego for a bit discount.. [:D]

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am driving a silver myvi. Re-painted recently in Perodua.

Thinking to install paint protection film from a local brand (so it is not 3M Venture Shield which is super expensive but same function as 3M Venture Shield) on my full hood and full front bumper to protect from rock chip damage. I do not know why my car so prompt to rock chip damage, I do not tale gate other car. Wondering is it Alesco Kansai paint (the OEM paint brand) is soft.

At the same time, I also want to install Optimum...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience