Need all support to minimize fake oil in market

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Notice that a lot of fake branded engine oil in the market.
Suspected they collect the used bottle and fill in recycle oil for resell.

Few tips to minimize as below:

- After change the engine oil, pls request back engine oil empty bottle.
- For these normal <1.6L engines, evey engine oil change is less than 4L. So, should have balance.
- Before dispostion the empty bottle, pls damage the bottle, cut or drill a hole. to makesure that fail recycle.

I know that is fail enviroment friendly, but no choice.

I had been experienced in service centre when my new cps go for first 1000km.
After service, I request for balance engine oil and they clamied that all are fill into my engine.
Also, they refuse to give me the bottle.

after the service, I din go for 2nd time.

Pls support... to protect our engine and $$

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
now i just buy oil from petrol pump....coz if anything happens due to the oil.....i could catch the culprit easily..surely petrol pump company dun wan to lose face and surely they would find the culprit first than us.....

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Besides, pls don't buy engine oil from hypermarket ...
This is because of they lack of knowledge to check on oil quality.

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
yup buy from petrol pump safer, if after market brand like motul, Q8 etc just buy from the authorised dealer..dun go to spare-parts shop....for castrol magnatec buy from authorised dealer oso..dun buy from other shop....or worst scenario just go to the factory hehehe

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So far, I'm using Chemlube, still testing though..but since i do it in friend's workshop, the product he use is all new, all sealed. So, i'm satisfied with the services so far.

Last edited:

sarutobi84

Known Member
Aug 12, 2009
Johor Bahru
swift-turbo-malaysia.blogspot.sg
just don't buy magnatec,they recycle oil especially the castrol service centre.
if you don't know they collect the oil and send through refining process.
if you service magnatec at the centre,definately they will collect the same oil as you service periodically...good strategic right?

engine oil will be collected,and recycle through step of dehydration,fuel stripping,distillation and hydrotreating.

the problem with some factory refining one is they don't control the quality of the final oil especially contaminant/acid content which can damage gasket and aluminium head easily.

bro, care to elaborate more on that, cos im using magnatec.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
chemlube has been proven to be of good quality oil again and again, for ages. its a diester fully synthetic, and can last as long as 25,000miles / 1 year between oil changes. dis was one of the fave oil for racing way back, when there werent much fully synthetic in the market. its cheaper then most imo

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
my 2cent theory is the ayam/recycled oil has a very strong burnt smell.....i tested with idemitsu, petronas, motul synergie/turbolight/h-tech left overs i had after few years of keeping em out of curiosity....my ayam castrol magnatec semi syn smelt like crap n not as clear as d other semi syns i have...from then on i always look for the "smell" when in doubt

oh ya when u hit 3000km ur car feels like 5000km service time.....by d time u hit 4000km u feel like losing ur mind...its like u wanna shit so badly u just cant take it anymore:bawling:

just my 2kupang experience

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

my 2cent theory is the ayam/recycled oil has a very strong burnt smell.....i tested with idemitsu, petronas, motul synergie/turbolight/h-tech left overs i had after few years of keeping em out of curiosity....my ayam castrol magnatec semi syn smelt like crap n not as clear as d other semi syns i have...from then on i always look for the "smell" when in doubt

oh ya when u hit 3000km ur car feels like 5000km service time.....by d time u hit 4000km u feel like losing ur mind...its like u wanna shit so badly u just cant take it anymore:bawling:

just my 2kupang experience

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
buying from petrol stations is a good strategy... one more place is any authorised service center...

currently i'm using toyota semi-synth 10w-30 (meant for toyota vios?!?!?!) as the grade are the same as daihatsu recommended.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
chemlube has been proven to be of good quality oil again and again, for ages. its a diester fully synthetic, and can last as long as 25,000miles / 1 year between oil changes. dis was one of the fave oil for racing way back, when there werent much fully synthetic in the market. its cheaper then most imo
Yup, so far so good for me...just my 2nd time using now. This engine oil is still under probation for me :rofl:

But Chemlube is going to increase its price soon. About RM 2 or so per bottle. Slight increase in price. Too bad for me, I only started using 2nd time and price gonna increase adi. :bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Porsche have let loose on plans to reveal a mid-engines sports car at next week’s Los Angeles Auto Show that will headline the showcase alongside its latest 911 variants, the GTS and Speedster.

The bets are in though and it looks like a firm hand on the new variant being the much-rumoured Cayman Clubsport, something along the lines of a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience