Dallas Performance rips apart the rulebook with 1,302hp Corvette

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

It’s one thing to build a dyno queen that’s just all show and no go, hitting the high notes right at the tacho’s redline but failing to channel any sense of speed in the build up to it due to the ginormous turbo spooling up to achieve those numbers.

Then there’s the true street cars that deliver in all sense of the word with absolute response and linear power all through the rev range.

Now the thing is we would eagerly trade in our mother-in-laws for the latter but there’s no denying the appeal a high horsepower car has on us, regardless of how useable it is.

And that brings us to this Chevrolet Corvette C6 by Dallas Performance that packs a 1,302hp punch followed by a roundhouse kick of 1,662Nm of torque from the rear wheels. Once again, I think it’s suffice to concur that we don’t really care how useable it is just because it packs over 1,300hp. No matter how you argue or try to frame it, that’s probably enough power to propel the USS Enterprise to warp drive, while towing some Klingon cruiser behind.

Things are still pretty sketchy on how Dallas Performance achieved this but the LS3 V8 has been thoroughly rebuilt with beefier internals and twin turbos that could suck a new born through the intake. Performance Induction reworked the heads for smoother flow while RC120 injectors keep the fuel flowing through the single-plane intake manifold.

All that power reaches the rear wheels via a TR-6060 transmission and a Corvette Z06 C6 differential that would be lucky to see the better of a single hard launch.

There’s even a video of the car on the rollers so hit play and be in awe.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jd2yWjDhLiI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Source: CarScoop

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
1662Nm ... damn ... probably if the car had traction and was going WOT ... it might even be difficult to breath ... :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have just change my battery and after changing my battery..my RPM dropn to 400 when the car is idle and the whole car vibrate like crazy..before i change the battery my car RPM is around 800 plus....what happen to my car..izzit that when i change battery my ECU tend to reset it self? so do i need to reset or DYNO my car?by the way..i am driving a kelisa..so anyone can help me?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience