[want to ask] local brand hi-low adjustable kits

RB26

GoKart Lover
Jul 14, 2005
selayang
www.mangoesteen.net
i am currently using Wings, but i know most of the other brand like D2, sustec bla bla are OEM from same manufacturer, here want to ask, when we adjusting the height of the suspension ( not soft hard type, only hi-low) , is it will affect the spring rate?

because i know there are 2 way of adjusting the height, 1 is thru the adsorber body, 1 is thru the spring mounting where will affect the height of spring those i am wondering is it will change the spring rate? and then the spring there also did not state the spring rate...i ask my fren who sold to me he also dunno wat spring rate is using in their product -__-

joshua7paul

Known Member
Jun 6, 2009
What model are u using ?

and the answer is yes...if ur adjusting the height by compressing ur springs then YES it will affect ur spring rate.

it is better if u get the hi/low with the ability to adjust the absorber body hence u dont need to compress ur spring. the more u compress the harder it becomes.

Ray Z

Sep 29, 2009
Selangor
sorry for hijacking this thread.

just wanna know, what is the best shox+spring that is below 1k? I do heard about this sustec brand that is hi low adjustable around RM900. is that brand good? any recommendation?

thanx in advance.:driver:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
i am currently using Wings, but i know most of the other brand like D2, sustec bla bla are OEM from same manufacturer, here want to ask, when we adjusting the height of the suspension ( not soft hard type, only hi-low) , is it will affect the spring rate?

because i know there are 2 way of adjusting the height, 1 is thru the adsorber body, 1 is thru the spring mounting where will affect the height of spring those i am wondering is it will change the spring rate? and then the spring there also did not state the spring rate...i ask my fren who sold to me he also dunno wat spring rate is using in their product -__-
just ask the manufacturer la...

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006

RB26,

u got PM........TQ:driver:

saubergoh

Known Member
Sep 7, 2005
subang usj
im using satria gti,and i plan to change my absprber soon..and sumone quot me the sustec brand for only rm850,andn the spring rate is frt 6k and rr 4k,izit ok for our car??will it too hard??

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
im using satria gti,and i plan to change my absprber soon..and sumone quot me the sustec brand for only rm850,andn the spring rate is frt 6k and rr 4k,izit ok for our car??will it too hard??
saubergoh,

F6k & R4k is current local aftermarket offer, it is normal...!
I'm using 2nd set new fully adjustable & my spring setting is F7.5k & R6.7k.... custom to suit my daily drive, just got it installed Oct 2010.
Previous 1st set I used was spring rate F8k & R4k... front ok but rear slightly soft (need to increased the damping rate front soft to more harder).

I do like it this way....kekekeke I believe difference ppl with difference spring rate setting.

my ride is wira aeroback 1.3L BOT.:driver:

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
By adjusting the spring height (not the absorber body height) will definitely affect the preload setting of the kit. If you adjust it higher, you will compress the spring thus making your car bumpier on the road.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Photography:

Zerotohundred.com
-Tom
-Ldragon

Photokaki.com
-Andy Goh
-SW Wong
-Eric Wong
-Melvin Foo
-Victor Chen

Reviews top
350 Photos bottom (8 pages)

Carrera Cup Asia

It was a good day for Thai motorsport today as motorsport veteran Charoensukhawatana Nattavude took victory...

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience