supercharging an engine

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
Advise to vector, with the amount u'll be spending going SC why not doing somthing abit more proper ... go and change ur engine ... buy a mivec rs or 1.8 GDi turbo halfcut ... dump it in the car ... atleast u have a good platform to start from ... plus with sc i i'm thinking the power u want is like the mivec rs & 1.8 GDi turbo ... <---- these engines can take alot of pounding compared to a SC campro engine :listen:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Of course, there's the already proven route to get power and the not so common way to get power. The owner has to understand the pro's and con's of each method. Sometimes it's just about doing things differently so the owner's car stands out. I think it would be very dull indeed if everyone just follows the same route to getting power.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Advise to vector, if u dont have minimum rm8k spare cash on hand, dont even try to do any of those mention. SC14 is not easy to find. U cant even differ psi and bar not to mention basic foundation.

Sppedhorizon, SC using diff type of oil. They r not using engine oil.
depends on type
SuperchargersOnline.com :: How to Tap Your Oil Pan

Of course, there's the already proven route to get power and the not so common way to get power. The owner has to understand the pro's and con's of each method. Sometimes it's just about doing things differently so the owner's car stands out. I think it would be very dull indeed if everyone just follows the same route to getting power.
YES.... :congrats::congrats::congrats:

But Vector, Management comes before hardware.... But u like la... Cause engine and set up is urs...

Last edited:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
horizon,
try to find one local who did it and success.

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
u said out wht i had in mind, but i had more to add to that...

firstly, i am not someone who is really into making my car really powerful, just a little more power would do for me. and of course i know there are lots of alternatives to increase an engine power like exhaust mods, camshafts, open pod filter, stroker kits and so the list goes on...

whether or not u guys know it already or not, i want u guys to know that i drive a Saga BLM... in my own opinion, this car's capability is very limited and i can't go far with it...

so most of u guys would think, why in the world would i invest in supercharging or other modifications a BLM while i can save up the cash and buy a better car?

the reason is i am more about enthusiasted about supercharging a BLM than getting more power out of it. this mod is just about enthusiasm. i dun mind that i getting a small boost out of the supercharger but of course i wun just cling a supercharger unit onto my engine and and say hey i got a supercharger in my car. i am trying not to spend too much in this mod because this is just about enthusiasm. i am not a power crazy person. just wanna have fun.... peace guys... :biggrin:

Last edited:

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
have u taken a ride in a SC BLM ?? do that first :)

i havent but if u havent too ... you should cause ur about to try something without any heads up on how the power will be once done ...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Vectorx2, I know the fun of having done something new/different. I know someone who boosted a savvy. Not extremely, just enough for 160 hp. I could just imagine a swift owner that disturbs that innocent savvy. Ha ha.

Supercharging is a bit different from turbo. U should study the particular sc unit you planning to use, Don't simply trust shop 100%. You have to understand the pros and cons of the mod. For one is reliability/maintaince. If you were doing this to an old car/second car, i'd understand, but if this is your only car, I don't think it's a good idea. One thing about doing things differently is that the workshop require time to think about setting/installing it right, if you rush them, then obviously work quality suffers. This is also assuming the shop people is very motivated in the first place. :P

Also, if you start increasing power, you may find the standard Saga BLM parts not up to par. Like suspension or brakes, just to name a few.

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
have u taken a ride in a SC BLM ?? do that first :)

i havent but if u havent too ... you should cause ur about to try something without any heads up on how the power will be once done ...
nope, i havent come across a SCed BLM before... nor i heard anybody did it before...

Vectorx2, I know the fun of having done something new/different. I know someone who boosted a savvy. Not extremely, just enough for 160 hp. I could just imagine a swift owner that disturbs that innocent savvy. Ha ha.
:top:

I second that. brakes are ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!
i kinda felt that too haha

Also, if you start increasing power, you may find the standard Saga BLM parts not up to par. Like suspension or brakes, just to name a few.
actually there will be more mods in between before going to this mod, i am just discussing it in advance... for example, i already planned to change the brakes, brake pump, shock absorbers, springs, cam timing, ECU and etc... supercharger wun be in the list so soon...

so u guys here wun be seeing this mod done so soon... haha... cheers...

but i still hope all the sifus here would still be interested to guide me on this mod... because i wan to make sure everything i do in between is actually leading be towards to a SC mod in my BLM :biggrin:

kenny84

Jun 13, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, Bro VectorX2, just my suggestion, why not go to chop shop as from SC unit such as AMR 300/500 or SC from March. It was suitable for low boost.

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, Bro VectorX2, just my suggestion, why not go to chop shop as from SC unit such as AMR 300/500 or SC from March. It was suitable for low boost.
sounds like good suggestion for me... AMR300 would be cheaper and easier to be found than SC14 rite...? how about it's reliability and performance?

kenny84

Jun 13, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sounds like good suggestion for me... AMR300 would be cheaper and easier to be found than SC14 rite...? how about it's reliability and performance?
AMR 300 is cheaper, however i not sure which one is more easier to find except you really keen to find it at chop shop. Like people said, if you have the will, you will get it:driver:. I think, the SC need to be recondition and take care of the maintenance, i think it will not should be a problem. As long as took care of the maintenance, do not need about the reliability. Regarding performance, since it was old SC, the performance will not be much but enough for the project need of better pick up and performance.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
where you get the Sc14 from? U johorian?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Want to be among the first to own the Toyota 86? Well, better put down your orders down now as the bookings for the Subaru BRZ’s twin is now open! According to the indicative on-the-road price released by UWM Toyota Motor, the 2.0l FR machine’s price will be at RM 243,000 for the manual transmission, and an extra RM 6,000 if one fancies the automatic. But there’s no further word yet on whether there are any...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience