BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

navz

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
Ipoh
Some ppl just don't understand that the fun part of bot is more abt enjoying what we have and more importantly learning more abt force induction. But u too, be prepare to learn ur lesson through the hard route. I had mine, but I've no regrets in return of the knowledge I've learnt.

Most of the boost controller actually increases boost instead of reducing it. But what u can do is... U look at ur TD04L actuator. The actuation rod actually have the luxury to increase/decrease boost. U unhook it from the internal wastegate hinge and turn the nut at the end of the actuation rod to make the overall length longer. By doing this, u actually preopen the wastegate and part of the exhaust will be channelled out and it reduces the boost. And to increase the boost level, u just shorten it by turning it the other way round. Then hook it back. Becareful of the safety pin/clip when u unhook the rod end. It is small and easy to loose.

Regarding the management. Emanage is good choice. But u may not be able to control ur ignition timing. It's the natural disability of daihatsu ecu. But I'm not too sure on this. If ur ecu can be rechip, u may opt for rechip. It's much better than any pigy. But I don't think there are much/any ppl doing it for daihatsu.

Regarding the injectors and plugs. What plugs does not matter. If u have items like spark amplifier/bOoster, the plugs may seems a little cleaner.

Nobody can say if the injectors are sufficient after u've plonk in ur A/F management and have ur engine tuned with a wideband Otr or dyno. But I don't think any stock injector will be able to supply sufficient fuel for 0.5bar. Just personal opinion. And, u can instal 210cc injectors and boost safely at 4th n 5th gear but suffer a little rich at idle and low end till ur management take place.

Hope it helps.
very clear explaination,yeah agree with you bout the bot fun pleasure..
thx for teaching me how to ctrl the boost using the actuator..so if the gate open before i start boosting.. end up with low fullboost. just try just now..i get 0.3bar now.. = ] Million thx...before this i only know how to up boost more then 0.5..

just bought 2nd 210cc and also get free kelisa rocker cover from my friend(viva rocker cover very ugly n make the space sempit)..
going to swap oem 850cc injector to 210cc and viva oem rocker cover to kelisa oem cover..and share the result here...

for the management..ive to fund more...so gotta suffer rich fuel first..nvm..as long its rich = my engine is safe right ??

speed2horizon = very nice bot sifu!!

navz

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
Ipoh
just install l2s injector = which i believe 210cc(this is what ppl say in internet)
now no pop pop full boost from 1-5 gear..but got some pop pop on 3rd gear (cruising to full throttle) but ok then std injector la..this 1 i feel more safe..

rocker cover kelisa pnp to viva head..(just to make engine bay look nicer)

problem solve..now wait emanage only..

pioneer411

1,000 RPM
pls check ur car injector original impedance, if u wanna change to bigger cc injector, pls find high ohm injector too, dont use low ohm injector.. last time i dunno then i use low ohm injector, end up hard to tune, fuel system sot sot, then banjir at spark there.. now change high ohm injector, running great :) (for piggy back user)

hariz_ex5

May 6, 2009
hi i'm new in BOT...i want to BOT my kenari using my cousin set up...any sifus can give idea and some information..i just want to learn about BOT and apply it on my car..thanks

here is my cousin set up

Turbo RHF5
Front Mount Intercooler
Ceramic Piston (anyone know where i can find this piston??)
Gasket (dont know what gasket)
SAFC
more set up but i dont remember..any sifus can give idea..thanks

My cousins used this set up almost 5 years boosting up to 1.5..safe boost he used 0.8..In 5 years he use many pistons because want to know which piston can tahan until 1.5 boost...the one paling tahan is ceramic piston..he used 2 years until sold his car..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
pls check ur car injector original impedance, if u wanna change to bigger cc injector, pls find high ohm injector too, dont use low ohm injector.. last time i dunno then i use low ohm injector, end up hard to tune, fuel system sot sot, then banjir at spark there.. now change high ohm injector, running great :) (for piggy back user)
Can use. Add resistor pack ma. DIY RM20 from jalan pasar.

hi i'm new in BOT...i want to BOT my kenari using my cousin set up...any sifus can give idea and some information..i just want to learn about BOT and apply it on my car..thanks

here is my cousin set up

Turbo RHF5
Front Mount Intercooler
Ceramic Piston (anyone know where i can find this piston??)
Gasket (dont know what gasket)
SAFC
more set up but i dont remember..any sifus can give idea..thanks

My cousins used this set up almost 5 years boosting up to 1.5..safe boost he used 0.8..In 5 years he use many pistons because want to know which piston can tahan until 1.5 boost...the one paling tahan is ceramic piston..he used 2 years until sold his car..
All depends on tuning and set up ma. Ppl say 4agze can tahan max 2bar. But I got shock of my life seeing 1 mivec 4g93t boost jumping at the defi warning light(>2bar) generating 427hp ATW on Dyno Dynamics.

ceramic coated piston...

just go buy brand new low-cpm piston and send it to ceramico guy to coat it with ceramic..

CERAMICO COATING SERVICES - provide Ceramic Coating for heat, lubrication & corrosion management

:adore:
This is good shit. But kinda overpriced in Malaysia.

BTW, some low compression pistonsseems to be high compression in different engine. Example, 4g67 appears to have -ve dome volume, but CR is 9.5:1.

Have to measure n calculate boss... Just my 2cents. Happy 2nd day new year. Cheers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Tanabe s-flow mufflers

can i get them new anywhere?
for NA ,auto tranny..

if u selling or u know where i can get em please tell me..thx!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience