Civic or slyphy?

mingz

1,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2007
Guys,i'm in dillemma....next year my wife plan to buy a 2nd hand car...budget 80k...now i got 2 car in my mind...civic and slyphy...but civic for rm80k only can get 07 years car with 1.8cc...slyphy can get 08years with 2.0cc....can tell pro n con bout this 2 car? Tq

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Ming, any chance to test drive this 2 car? maybe you will get the answer.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I dont own this 2 cars...but i would choose Civic.

mingz

1,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2007
I dont own this 2 cars...but i would choose Civic.
ya,i know civic looks sporty n sexy but slyphy also look not bad at all...mature n elegance for me...but wat about perfomance,handling,chassis and maintenance in future....i dun want buy car a with a good look only...:rofl:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
ya,i know civic looks sporty n sexy but slyphy also look not bad at all...mature n elegance for me...but wat about perfomance,handling,chassis and maintenance in future....i dun want buy car a with a good look only...:rofl:
i can confidentlt say performance, handling, and chassis CIVIC will win hands down coz ive driven both these cars
but for maintenance im not too sure coz a lot of ppl here say HONDA parts expensive but i dont know about NISSAN parts :confused:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
One thing for sure is both brands are reliable and off a good quality. :biggrin:
I would go for Civic in terms of performance and design.

Ya, but from what I heard usually Honda parts are more expensive than Toyota. Not quite sure about Sylphy. Previously, my family have a Sentra. Is not bad and price of parts is still not an issue. Quality is there.

Like TitanRev said, is better to test drive both cars yourself to find out which is better. Different ppl have different requirements in cars. Some prefer more on comfort, some prefer performance and some just hope to get a car that is comfortable and low in fuel consumption.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
depends.

on what u want...

slyphy or teana is more to luxurious category, kinda like a camry contender.

civic more to spirited drives but a tad overrated as well.

up to you to choose, if ur wife is those sporty type then take civic. if the wife is those datin type then take slyphy.

:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
depends.

on what u want...

up to you to choose, if ur wife is those sporty type then take civic. if the wife is those datin type then take slyphy.

AE86 is the best :biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Nissan spare part some are cheap and some are not..

mingz

1,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2007
depends.

on what u want...

my wife 1,3,5 is sporty....2,4,6 datin....that y confuse...:biggrin:

ok,since majority is civic....just a reminder,my budget is rm80k only...so far only can get is 07 years and its 1.8cc....for 2.0cc is rm90k above (also 07years)...so forget bout 2.0cc....

for 1.8cc civic,will under power? hmm...bout spare part...still worry that in future...since u guys said very expensive...

but for wat i heard nissan is low maintenance...no worry bout engine n gearbox...izit true?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if u going for civic, go for the 2.0 version, forget bout the 1.8 bro...
dun worry, next year the 2nd value will drop edi. wait for promo....maybe towards CNY.
low interest ka....u never know...
y not consider lancer GT?

Zzeenn

Jun 5, 2009
if it's for your wife, then i would strongly recommend you to at least check and test drive a sylphy. after all its marketed towards working class woman.
Big compartment to store her handbag, very easy to drive because of its cvt's linear and predictable power curve, and more than enough power to overtake. No idea about 1.8 civic, but recently i test drive 1.8 inspira, and the pickup is nowhere near to sylphy.

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
bro, i think that its better if you bring your wife to test drive the car first since she will be driving it most of the time.

women generally look for different things when choosing a car compared to us men. :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The news of Keiichi Tsuchiya and Daijiro Inada leaving the D1 Series over differences with the D1 Corporation was quite a big blow to drifting but then came the saving grace that the dynamic duo would be starting up their own drift series that spelt some competition for D1 and the promise of more focus on the grassroots was just what the sport needed in its native land as things have descended into a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience