BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
i was thinking of supercharging my 4g91.. compared to turbo i think my stock internals can tahan better than turbo right since im gonna boost at around 0.4 bar i guess it should be fine rite? haahahaha i repeated my post again. XD
Boost is boost... No difference... But for 0.4bar, I would say Supercharging is more responsive.

4g92 kembar cam boleh bot? apa price?
mana paling ok, bot (bolt on turbo) @ BOS (bolt on supercharger)?
Gua punya lor.. Kakaka... Price depends la what set up..? Heavy heavy or light light... Depends what kinda of output u are looking for..?

already check it..
the point below turbo that tube channel to oil sump (oil return line) got some wet surface.. my pomen said sikit je minyak kuar situ...
line from turbo to filter (oil feed line).. no leaking
on top of head cover got 2 point left n right... on left going to manifold.. but belah kanan xda pipe biar gitu je.. maybe got some buble... its normal for BOT car??...
Sikit sikit pun leaking jugak ma... one goes into the manifold, the other one should go to air ram masuk turbo. When u boost, u should see vapour coming out from the nipple. To know how much oil comes out from there, install Oil Catch tank and see how many oil catched in a week.

Problem No. 2
last weekand sunday i full boost at guthrie highway around 15-20 second... but then cant boost.. meter drop to vacuum engine x mati but press the pedal only rpm goes but nothing happen like slip... then i slow the car... park beside the highway... stop the engine..
check samaada got any hoses tercabut.. but nothing happen... start the car n drive normal...
any comment here from senior what happen?
turbo got boost cut??
engine oil kering can happen this??
What management u using..? If boost cut will feel pertrol x naik...
BOV apa pakai..?

Haha... Engine oil kering engine bearing jam lor.... where can start again..?

ronaldinho_375

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
speed2horizon...

yes one goes to manifold.. the other nipple left open... when kelvin tune my car.. i car see bubble n vapour coming out from that nipple.. but my pomen said it normal ma...

management using e-manage blue tune by kelvin(millenium)
BOV use original evo8
injector airtrek 240cc

so anyone can confirm why boost drop suddenly...

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Btw bro s2h, I heard ppl swap 4g91 head to 4g92 block need to mod the bolt placing abit rite? And btw if I would bot or BOS can I run without management for a while like maybe 1 month? And also to fit gsr pistons is just pnp rite? And since now im running with high cams can I just bolt on one of the kits and run ? Cuz the setting for NA is diff from forced induction so I was thinking whether can or not.. And supercharging it I prolly will run on low boost if can I will go 0.8 boost.. Hmmm need some of ur experience here with mix matching the block and head here bro cuz I heard u are running a 4g92 not setup.. Hmm

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
speed2horizon...

yes one goes to manifold.. the other nipple left open... when kelvin tune my car.. i car see bubble n vapour coming out from that nipple.. but my pomen said it normal ma...

management using e-manage blue tune by kelvin(millenium)
BOV use original evo8
injector airtrek 240cc

so anyone can confirm why boost drop suddenly...
2 possibility.

1) boost leak. BOV maybe...
2) turbo not spinning, jam. Could be caused by alot unknown situation. Actuator open too much...

Btw bro s2h, I heard ppl swap 4g91 head to 4g92 block need to mod the bolt placing abit rite? And btw if I would bot or BOS can I run without management for a while like maybe 1 month? And also to fit gsr pistons is just pnp rite? And since now im running with high cams can I just bolt on one of the kits and run ? Cuz the setting for NA is diff from forced induction so I was thinking whether can or not.. And supercharging it I prolly will run on low boost if can I will go 0.8 boost.. Hmmm need some of ur experience here with mix matching the block and head here bro cuz I heard u are running a 4g92 not setup.. Hmm
4G92 DOHC conversion. There are a few way to convert.

Main problem is the plugs. U need to look for distributor from 4G91 Carbie. The process comes cheaper and easier. If u want to go for the ignition coil method, u need to look for the full set DOHC wiring, Coil pack and Crank angle sensor.

Second problem is the oil pump. The timing belt of DOHC uses Hydraulic auto tensioner. And it's mounted to the oil pump. However, our sohc oil pump have nowhere to mount that device. But problem solve if u can find the tensioning bearing bracket. And just tighten it with the a screw/bolt. Settle.

And finally. It's the engine mounting bracket on the timing belt side.

Everything else, they are plug n play.

Why do things kampung style my friend... Why not u install when ur management comes. So rush meh..? Ok, this is what will happen. Ur ECU will have a correction factor in fueling. But very very minor... So, when there are boost, ur engine will feel extremely light for a second, and then no power at all... And u hear pinging sound. IF that happens, it means there are knocking. The fuel ignite before the TDC. Combustion forced to counter rotation. Causes engine bearing to take all the pressure and then damaged. Worse is, the combustion chamber got over heated dur to lean combustion and causes pistons to melt. When knock occur badly, nothing can survive. Forged pistons will melt also. Forged conrods will bend also...

So, why do things so rush..? 2 month only wad...

Ini kes mau show off during the christmas or chinese new year nie... Nak bg sedara mara nampak Supercas/turbo....

But bare in mind... Dun abuse ur engine.... If knocks took place severly, worse case scenario u have to change ur engine and so the entire set up all over again.

Like said earlier in the thread. A BOT will only be cheap if it's done completely correctly at the first place itself... Else, u gonna spend more money than transplant...

I've been through that stage.

BTW, mine is a 4G92 DOHC non MIVEC version. Production ended 1993

chan kah jien

Nov 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hahaha.. td04 lag like hell in kelisa.. ekkeke.. depending on which car ler.. waja shud be okay ler...
td04 have many spec,im use in my L5 engine also feel ok,3000 rpm starting boost until red line,i bilive if kelisa can full boost at 3000 rpm.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

turbocharge+supercharge=twincharge^^

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

my ae101 20v is ran air flow meter also can install emanage wiz map sensor,

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro s2h, the reason why I wanna choose 92 block is because jpj. If I would wanna take 93t block, the endorsement from jpj can meh? I'm a 1.3 previously... Hmm so the thing is ppl would say go for 93 block... And btw bro, right now I'm running 91 with high cams, so should I take out my cams and replace with OEM ones before I bot? Cuz I doing it at different place bro tuning and bolting on...I hope can come out tt or something.. Like that I also don't know how to say. Lol alot things wanna askk...

cush86

Jun 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi zth:)

im a newbie to forums, i have a 3rz-fe in my prado, thinking of BOT, MMA said boost at .8 bar if not mistaken, wondering if its safe and if the use of haltech interceptor vs their microtech would be better. any input on the above or anything at all would be helpful:)) turbo sizes,brand,ball bearing etc?

cush86

Jun 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
where did u do it? i dno which micro to compare to interceptor, dno which is better lol... i think he said tdo5 turbo. prado is manual,used safc2 n currently using emanage blue,boring..was thinking of upgrading it:)
just curious if .8 bar is a lil too high for stock internals and which brand is better in regards to the ecu.

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

haha i think i got poisoned totally by jo from milinum d :) go with watever he recomends i guess LOL

pioneer411

1,000 RPM
if u find Jo sure Microtech ma.. i forgot which model, but is piggy back type.. but since ur car is manual, just go for standalone..
but 1st u need to thing are u willing to pay that much for BOT + standalone ecu.
if u want bigger turbo look, go for Garrett AR50 la, i use on my 2.4cc engine also very fast boost.. if u wan great workmanship, u ask Jo u wanna mod something like the RAV4 turbo.
i boost 0.45bar only, also got around 200whp tune by Jo too..
Since u wan BOT, wan more power, + stand alone, ur clutch, injector, need to change too :)
anymore detail u can pm me ok? :)
Why dun transplant to 2JZ kekeke

cush86

Jun 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ya bordering on the 2jz myself,but my current 3rz-fe looks to be quite strong as well. see la gotta go get poisoned by Jo n his thoughts :P, ya getting the standalone + ecu gua.
your 2az already got 160+ hp ma,so boosted to 200 easy la on the wheel, mine still 100rwhp quoted by jo :P,so 200 on .5 bar also tough:) hopefully clutch n injectors all wont be that pricy haha, see la how much he gonna charge me:)

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
ya bordering on the 2jz myself,but my current 3rz-fe looks to be quite strong as well. see la gotta go get poisoned by Jo n his thoughts :P, ya getting the standalone + ecu gua.
your 2az already got 160+ hp ma,so boosted to 200 easy la on the wheel, mine still 100rwhp quoted by jo :P,so 200 on .5 bar also tough:) hopefully clutch n injectors all wont be that pricy haha, see la how much he gonna charge me:)
Power comes from with a sacrifice... Wether in cash or in experience... But I guess experience will cost much more than doing it 1 time.

My friend's cousin plonk in a 1JZ into his Pajero. Everything running on stock. No piggy, No Standalone... Kicked some mini JCW's arses on highway.... Stick on it's back and it'll never be able to run away until u release ur right pedal.

First, let's not consider the power on the wheel... It's just a figure for reference afterall... Use ur back to feel the difference instead of seeing the graph on the screen.

But with great power comes great responsibility... Running 2++KM/hr for a 2 tonnes car... It's not easy to stop. U have to start releasing ur right pedal much much earlier and step the center pedal slowly... Else, the car will go straight even when u turn the steering... Lolz.

Inertia is high...

pioneer411

1,000 RPM
thats true s2h,
what i suggest to my friend, i also suggestion quality material use or more reliable part.. at least they dun spend the extra money on labour and new part when u got problem of the lousy part..
i think RM15k to modify the BOT is just basic thing, which standalone, clutch, garrett turbo, wastegate, injector, cooler, labour, piping those.. at least u wont regret those stuff u put on, but think twice izzit worth to put that much cash to the car with these power.. else just swap to 2jz or 1jz auto or manual :)

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

i wan power to feel the G, not top speed, but also, drive careful when speeding :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Up to this point, all we’ve had to go on are renderings and speculated details regarding the spiced up version of Honda’s CR-Z, the Mugen CR-Z. Even though deep inside our hearts we hopes it would be all that and so much more, the fact that no actual shot of the car was to be found made it a little hard to swallow.

Now though all that has changed as the first official pictures of the force-fed CR-Z have...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience