Reasons NA>Turbo

CasperR

Aug 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Let's share the reasons why NA > Turbo. Why choose to go for DC5 over the Skylines/RX7 etc family.

What makes NA better than Turbo? They can slam a turbo and get a high jump of figure. But why Integra is still your final choice

Express your opinion/experience here. What is your goal you want to achieve on your car? :biggrin:

Confused which side should I be in.

Last edited:

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
Turbo higher consumption, higher wear & tear parts. If you are a hardcore turbo user, very extensive modification needed to the cooling system to ensure it is reliable (very high engine temp). Power wise turbo has more Gforce. Last time using turbo car and now DC5. Still DC5 is just nice in terms of reliability & maintainance for me.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
Turbo higher consumption, higher wear & tear parts. If you are a hardcore turbo user, very extensive modification needed to the cooling system to ensure it is reliable (very high engine temp). Power wise turbo has more Gforce. Last time using turbo car and now DC5. Still DC5 is just nice in terms of reliability & maintainance for me.
arent turbo cars lower compression? :hmmmm:

well... NA cars have less maintenance parts. and you can thrash a honda non-stop on a track, and still make the drive back from Sepang without worrying something is going to break down along the way.

:biggrin:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Turbo have to pump fuel +- every 2-3 days. NA can go on for about +- double that.
this completely depends on driving style and intensity of mods
a stock turbo car is really good on fc as would a stock na car also be
but u cant just go and categorise all turbo cars as being gas guzzlers
just IMHO

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
arent turbo cars lower compression? :hmmmm:

well... NA cars have less maintenance parts. and you can thrash a honda non-stop on a track, and still make the drive back from Sepang without worrying something is going to break down along the way.

:biggrin:
Bro, not High compression its Higher Temperature :biggrin:

mark_15

Known Member
Oct 5, 2008
yeah true2... lets have some fun this 12 december..

p.s: going with stock car again. :(

jd5

Known Member
Mar 9, 2010
N/A
This is an age old question bro. Got extra money to burn, get a turbo charged car. Its all about whether you could afford maintaining one. Most people sell them after a while due to the high maintenance factor.

But nothing beats the fun of driving one. You gotta feel the G Force bro!! Just go ask the 300hp WIRAs and the SATRIAs. Haha!!

pijulrs

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
Vtec if for me for daily drive....nice hi rev engine.Turbo...GGGGGG monsterrr.Good for drag.