Subaru bumper

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
I have just gotten a subaru impreza ver 3 bumper installed but the workmanship is not good. Is there any place with experience that can install it properly?

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
yes yes... anything i can help? u facing problem below the signal part right?

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Ya below the headlamp there got big gap can put finger through. Can sifu scott tell me how to solve it? The shop I went to said need to paint then he can fill it with something? Not sure what he was telling me

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Ya below the headlamp there got big gap can put finger through. Can sifu scott tell me how to solve it? The shop I went to said need to paint then he can fill it with something? Not sure what he was telling me
u can try my workshop in menglembu ipoh...
since ur hometown is taipeng, u can go there and have a try..it's very good workmanship, but the price is abit high la..but confirm u can satisfy the result..

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
hehehe...another bro scott follower....you can ask anything regarding the subaru bumper to scott...very nice person...hei bro scott...long time no see?been very busy lately ka?

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
there are 3 ways to do it,

1. use hot air gun to push the bumper to fill the gap and reinforce with a small cable tie, u drill a small hole underneath the signal, and then drill another hole at the fender and tie them up

2. use screw to screw directly into the fender - not nice coz u cant remove the bumper without damaging the paint, but it is the easiest way to do it

3. ask fibre shop to modify another bracket along the below the signal area, and srew it into the fender.

but either way also, u need to make sure that the bumper should protrude out at the wheel arch area, coz subaru bumper is longer than seg bumper on both width and length ( side length) i will try to post more pics if i m available

the picture taken when i was using the original seg bumper after an accident, it is to show how to solve the protruding bumper from the wheel arch,(yellow line is the original fender before adding the steel plate. u need to add another piece of steel and paint it, any paint shop know how to do, so the bumper wont look so ugly from the side, and dun cut the bumper coz it will affect the strength of the mounting to the fender.

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

hehehe...another bro scott follower....you can ask anything regarding the subaru bumper to scott...very nice person...hei bro scott...long time no see?been very busy lately ka?
hehe.. very busy lately, coz working + training + seminars + MBA studies... lots of things going on.. dats y become less active.. hehe...

Last edited:

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Thanks scott for the guide. Currently the shop use your option number 2 but the result not so nice. Bro Ivan, may I know where is the shop?

Actually I was hoping for a shop in KL or Selangor because I am no longer in Taiping

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks scott for the guide. Currently the shop use your option number 2 but the result not so nice. Bro Ivan, may I know where is the shop?

Actually I was hoping for a shop in KL or Selangor because I am no longer in Taiping
the workshop in menglembu ipoh...u can give me a call when u wanna go there...

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
I have managed to get it done up but I will post the pics later. In KT I have no internet

spwn

Jun 8, 2006
anyone installed Ver6 bumper on an SEG '99 before?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

A friend of mine called and describe a severe problem to me over the phone and off I went to his house full arsenal (all my equipment + Makita and all.)

His description - Ah Long paste their add on my car and now cannot come out, sent to car wash to polish (i wonder which bangla he sent to), scrub also cannot get it out.... help

Actual issue - sticker mark as per below shots.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience