satria 1.6 comments//\\

FuGZ

1,000 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Random
Visit site
rodeeoo said:
My fuel calibration cuts off at 9K. I am using a 1/4 race cam. Power is screaming from 5-8K. If you plan to go that route, you need to find a remap ecu and install a higher lift and duration profile camshaft.
wow, i didn't know there were cams available that really scorches the powerband from 6.3krpm all the way to 8krpm.

how many degrees is this cam?

does 1/4 cam mean 270 (272) degrees?

Last edited:

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
rodeeoo said:
But It still sucks compared to a VIOS! I got tapaued by a VIOS on the MRRII at 170 Km/h. What happen I let a VIOS that was on my back pass me and tried to keep up with this guy but wheww...... the mutha! was too fast for me to keep up....
I find it quite hard to believe that an auto VIOS can be faster than a manual 1.6 with cams. But perhaps gearing and the availability of torque (VVT is a godsend) at that velocity makes a difference.

Furthermore, you let him pass. So the fact that he has already passed you shows that he has accelerated more than you while you were waiting to get back behind him. You'll need quite a fair bit more power just to be able to catch up and overtake.

Satria racer

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
Pahang Kuantan
Visit site
yo guys i dun know whats so good bout the vios but my 1.3 satira with minor mods can folow its starting from 2nd gear till 3rd... when u going bout 3rd 140km/h on 6k rpm only then the vios slowly going away...

rodeeoo

Known Member
Oct 15, 2005
FuGZ said:
wow, i didn't know there were cams available that really scorches the powerband from 6.3krpm all the way to 8krpm.

how many degrees is this cam?

does 1/4 cam mean 270 (272) degrees?
I don't know, but I bought a MATSPEED product. I cannot verify the manufacturers rating. But I know it works well from 5-8K.

Why thinking of buying one ??? :tongue:

rodeeoo

Known Member
Oct 15, 2005
prozac said:
I find it quite hard to believe that an auto VIOS can be faster than a manual 1.6 with cams. But perhaps gearing and the availability of torque (VVT is a godsend) at that velocity makes a difference.

Furthermore, you let him pass. So the fact that he has already passed you shows that he has accelerated more than you while you were waiting to get back behind him. You'll need quite a fair bit more power just to be able to catch up and overtake.

Actually I suspect this VIOS is from the nether region(Thailand)! It has a turbo kit on it. Bacause I have drove a VIOS all out and it runs out of steam at about 140-150 Km/h.

So you satria speeder wannabes don't pray-pray with the little cars like VIOS, they might suck you in and spit you out! :albertein

Anyway you free sum time ah ? I want to benchmark against your car... :wink:

Last edited:

FuGZ

1,000 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Random
Visit site
rodeeoo said:
Actually I suspect this VIOS is from the nether region(Thailand)! It has a turbo kit on it. Bacause I have drove a VIOS all out and it runs out of steam at about 140-150 Km/h.

So you satria speeder wannabes don't pray-pray with the little cars like VIOS, they might suck you in and spit you out! :albertein

Anyway you free sum time ah ? I want to benchmark against your car... :wink:
satria also small ma.. also can put turbo kit and also, alot out there have transplanted turbo engines.

I free eh, come to a Pro-Hatch TT someday will ya? Maybe we can share experience and maybe test drives?

about the hi-cam.. would be a next mod, but dude's gotta wait for the cash.. hehe

Anyways, why not join the Nilai Drag free running? it's just rm20 to participate. Maybe a benchmark there would be nice :)

rodeeoo

Known Member
Oct 15, 2005
FuGZ said:
satria also small ma.. also can put turbo kit and also, alot out there have transplanted turbo engines.

I free eh, come to a Pro-Hatch TT someday will ya? Maybe we can share experience and maybe test drives?

about the hi-cam.. would be a next mod, but dude's gotta wait for the cash.. hehe

Anyways, why not join the Nilai Drag free running? it's just rm20 to participate. Maybe a benchmark there would be nice :)
:tee: where and when.

BTW I have another cam - brand new made by ivan thighe - if you want can sell you cheap-cheap but you need to buy a vernier cam pulley.

want to try my :turtle: anytime. I need to put my turbo in.

FuGZ

1,000 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Random
Visit site
rodeeoo said:
:tee: where and when.
pm me your number. we have TTs almost every night in Sri Neela's at Taman Desa. And every Friday, we're in Syed Arif in subang from 10pm onwards. Then i'll let you know whenever.

Or, for more information, you can logon to Pro-Hatch.

rodeeoo said:
BTW I have another cam - brand new made by ivan thighe - if you want can sell you cheap-cheap but you need to buy a vernier cam pulley.

want to try my :turtle: anytime. I need to put my turbo in.
I have no idea who is Ivan Thighe, nor what a Vernier cam pully is. But I'll be happy to hear more about it during TT session. :)

rodeeoo

Known Member
Oct 15, 2005
FuGZ said:
pm me your number. we have TTs almost every night in Sri Neela's at Taman Desa. And every Friday, we're in Syed Arif in subang from 10pm onwards. Then i'll let you know whenever.

Or, for more information, you can logon to Pro-Hatch.

I have no idea who is Ivan Thighe, nor what a Vernier cam pully is. But I'll be happy to hear more about it during TT session. :)
BLO,
YOU GOT PM :tee:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

once again we are very blessed to be able to get our hands on.......on this rare........designation to highlight its strictly limited production run of 500 individually numbered vehicles, all of which offered for customers to purchase. Each RS500 carries a metal plaque on the centre console, hand-engraved with a unique identification number from 001 to 500...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience