Some developments on SSO Finals 5dot5

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
The SSO Finals 5dot5 for the 2005/06 SSO Championship will be held on 20 and 21 January 2005. Yes, that date is correct: Friday and Saturday, with pre-qualifying for Time Attack and Drift Attack on Friday, and showdown for Time Attack and Drift Attack on Saturday.

Due to this event being the final in the championship, and also acting as a "preview" for greater things to come for the 2006 SSO Championship, the format will be changed, as a 'prelude' to the new, revised, and more spectator-friendly format.

Time Attack on Friday will run as per usual, to select the Top-4 from each category to come back on Saturday for a head-to-head showdown on a tighter, autocross-type track in front of the spectators. (We wanted to do Touge-style but AAM have some issues as competitors don't run rollcages :D )

Drift on Friday will be a pre-qualifier (inlcudes 2hr practise and 1 judged run) for the NON-SEEDED drivers (Top-8 in the Championship are now Seeded). The top-12 Non-Seeded qualifiers will join the seeded drivers on Saturday, for another round of practise, 1 judged run, and then the Tsuiso.
We are also introducing a new drift category, "Tandem Team Drift", with practise on Friday and Saturday, and the judged runs (3-runs) on Saturday evening.

So, there's a lot going on now as we are taking SSO upmarket and trying to break it into the mainstream. There will be more media, TV crews, etc so let's make it one hell of a show everyone!!!

Lastly: there will be some Japanese superstars coming down to grace out event, as an "intro" for the 2006 Championship. Sadly it's not Nami Amuro :love: or Ayumi Hamasaki, and neither is it Akira Watase nor Nao Oikawa :biggrin:. But, these dudes will ROCK YOUR WORLD.. Trust Me!!!

/adian

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
It's not that competitors don't want to run around with rollcages, it's more because of the local authorities that disallow the use of a roll-cage in street legal cars.
Anyway to help us out here ???

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
roll cage. ya lor. not every one can own their own track car. but i know there will be a graduation to that state sooner or later.

good news adian. jap dudes? good, good. you guys be prepared to entertain them (show them KL nite life after events ) They so looooove nite life as in many japs!!.
;)

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
friday and saturday ?? errrr ... anyways .. looking forward to the FINALS laaa .. :D

BFC

Dec 3, 2005
I think broquet fuel catalyst can help autocrossers improve their mid range torque.

BFC

Dec 3, 2005
QiW said:
eehhh WTF ??? spamming kaaaa ????
hai y WTF? Not spamming lah. Just wan to introduce members cuun cuun stuffs mah..

wanna try? :rock:

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
ehhh sifoo faisal ... whats the latest on SSO5.5 laaa ?? hahaahahaa ... the R3 site oso no updates nothing one .. registation oso tarak lerrr ... :p

BFC

Dec 3, 2005
faisal said:
You obviously do not understand what spamming means then.
The "For Sale" thread is elsewhere.
Yalah. You are rightlah. Infront of hundreds of viewers, you are right.

Anyway. I know you, Faisal. I look up to you, sifu.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

eg9 bodykit wanted especially seat n spoiler..contact me = 0129345136
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience